More Harbaugh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

More Harbaugh

By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com
    It appears that things may reach a breaking point between Harbaugh and the team. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported Sunday evening that "there is increasing buzz that the team might have to decide between Harbaugh or GM Trent Baalke." 

"The men are barely speaking, I'm told, and almost all communication is through email. Harbaugh also has a strained relationship with team president Paraag Marathe, sources said, and he has clashed with many within the organization. It could prove untenable," La Canfora noted. "If anything, the impression I got this week was that the situation there is actually much worse than how it has been portrayed in the media, and helps explain the delay in giving a new deal to the coach, who has two years left on a contract he has outperformed." 

Beyond the Browns, there were rumors connecting Harbaugh to the University of Texas job and La Canfora thinks the Miami Dolphins could be interested in trading for Harbaughat some point. ESPN 49ers reporter Bill Williamson believes that if the team doesn't work out an extension with Harbaugh, rumored connections to other jobs will only grow: 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: More Harbaugh

sounds like the power struggle is starting to boil below surface. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in their draft this year. To bad they didnt trade him to the Browns I would like to see the Browns be relevant again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Baalke is good enough that he could win a power struggle with Harbaugh, and turning Harbaugh into #1 picks and $10M would be enticing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If given a choice between the two I would keep Harbaugh, but honestly this is pathetic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sounds like the power struggle is starting to boil below surface. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in their draft this year. To bad they didnt trade him to the Browns I would like to see the Browns be relevant again.

[/QUOTE]

The Browns would need some players too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Browns would need some players too.

[/QUOTE]

hey Russ

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

This is rather an odd situation. It is rare that personal issues destroy good teams. Buddy Ryan was that way. His sons are not as dysfunctional.

I suspect they will eventually find a way to coexist for at least a time. A good owner would step in and fix this. They have been too successful to throw it away. But perhaps they will throw it away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

read today that an unknown 49ers rep (Baalke?) told a reporter words to the effect of "the 49ers will not be inclined to beg him to stay if Harbaugh wants to go elsewhere..." Kind of harsh, and may speed up the divorce?