Moss had Altercation with O'Brien at Halftime

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Moss had Altercation with O'Brien at Halftime

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5655198

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Moss had Altercation with O'Brien at Halftime

Yeah its starting to look more and more like Moss forced his way out and if that is the case then I say screw him just like Manny. They think they are bigger then the team and there is no place for that in professional sports.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

This was a growing drama that was cut short, with good reason. Tedy Bruschi broke down things perfectly, Patriots are a young team that doesn't need an unhappy veteran making a bad impression.

I am waiting for some talking head to say "Randys a pro...". He's not a pro he has a difficult personality, and doesn't seem to grasp the team concept, especially when things aren't going his way. I don't know what his HOF speech will sound like... no one ever got me...I always did my best (rolling eyes) I love the game (but I love me more). 

Now the sportwriters in Minn have a lot of stuff to write about, all off field distractions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: Moss had Altercation with O'Brien at Halftime:
    [QUOTE]This was a growing drama that was cut short, with good reason. Tedy Bruschi broke down things perfectly, Patriots are a young team that doesn't need an unhappy veteran making a bad impression. I am waiting for some talking head to say "Randys a pro...". He's not a pro he has a difficult personality, and doesn't seem to grasp the team concept, especially when things aren't going his way. I don't know what his HOF speech will sound like... no one ever got me...I always did my best (rolling eyes) I love the game (but I love me more).  Now the sportwriters in Minn have a lot of stuff to write about, all off field distractions.   
    Posted by Rick8795[/QUOTE]

But, of course, he was a pro before the trade, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

adds context to the decision, moss is a strange dude it seems he can manage to be both very happy and very discontent at the same time...sigh..maybe it was best to cut ties and move on, still disappointed with the (lack of) compensation

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Yeah, he was a pro because that's what we were told by the two people we trust the most on the team: Brady and Belichick. We never would have known otherwise. I was at the Miami game and sat in the 3rd row. You could never tell, not once, that Moss was uninterested or ticked off. If he had an altercation in the locker room at halftime, I certainly couldn't tell because he was joking, talking to players and coaches, etc.

And many fans on this board said Moss was a ticking time bomb while others said he was a changed man.

Either way, I love it when fans (even of other teams) come here and call people out on objectivity. Just what we need to make the game more fun right? A bunch of objective, level-headed, unbiased fans liek yourself?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Cut the cord. I agree with the move the more I read about it. Moss was just going to be a distraction. We will be just fine.........real smart fans understand this move...........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

This was probably not the first time this occured. It was time for the Pats to part ways with him. The effect of a  disgruntled veteran can not be underestimated especially with young players around. They dont call it a "cancer "for nothing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss had Altercation with O'Brien at Halftime : But, of course, he was a pro before the trade, right?
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Nope

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4684731/bruschi-players-were-frustrated-with-randy

ESPN analyst Tedy Bruschi said on SportsCenter on Wednesday that it was clear Randy Moss was becoming a negative presence in the Patriots locker room and that it was simply "time for Randy to go."

"What I'm hearing now is that in that locker room there are some players frustrated with Randy, in that locker room there are coaches frustrated with Randy.

"Internally, he's turning into the same player he was at the end of his tenure in Minnesota, in Oakland, and now in New England," said Bruschi.

Bruschi added that he thinks Patriots players will pull together because of this trade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Yea well I have learned not to trust "sources" for all you know there is no source. Tomcase said he had sources for his spygate story and then he couldnt name them when it all blew up in his face cause he didnt have any Sources are like a ssholes for the media, they all have one and they all stink like sh*t.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

"Sources" have comfirmed that MVPkilla4life is a very angry individual....Yell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Apparently Moss huddled up the guys before the anthem and everyone walked out it shaking their heads and looking as if "are you serious"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Yea well I have learned not to trust "sources" for all you know there is no source. Tomcase said he had sources for his spygate story and then he couldnt name them when it all blew up in his face cause he didnt have any Sources are like a ssholes for the media, they all have one and they all stink like sh*t.

It wasn't a 'source' that told anyone he wasn't even attempting to block monday night. It was right there on TV for anyone to see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Glad to see someone getting on O'Briens case.  He has been horrible.  Hopefully the altercation has lit a fire under O'Briens butt and he starts getting creative.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss had Altercation with O'Brien at Halftime : I think most people understand something happened so they made the trade. It does not mean that myself or anyone else has to be happy with the compensation they received for him. We've given up more for terrible players like Burgess. When Moss was here. He put up more TD's than any other player in the NFL and we traded him for a sack of potatoes.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

So whats your answer.........wait till the end of the year and get nothing for him. We gave up  fourth to get him. We got a third for him now after three years of good service...........If BB thought he could have gotten more he would have............better yet do nothing with him...........let him destroy the locker room and watch him go to a AFC team like the Jets or Miami............its over and BB handled it the best way .........get rid of him before he kills the locker room........Minny has a short memory boy.......they couldn't wait to get rid of him and now they love him..........two years max and he will want out again after Favre is gone and some slugg isn't getting him the ball..........WE ARE BETTER OFF WITH OUT HIM............SHORT AND MORE IMPORTANTLY LONG TERM..........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Glad to see someone getting on O'Briens case.  He has been horrible.  Hopefully the altercation has lit a fire under O'Briens butt and he starts getting creative.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

If you hate BB and Kraft so much why do you even identify yourself as a fan?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss had Altercation with O'Brien at Halftime : If you hate BB and Kraft so much why do you even identify yourself as a fan?
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Evil I'm pretty sure he isn't. I had him on ignore for complaining about the same stuff over and over this past spring and recently had taken him off but yet again he proves me wroong. I don't think he's a real fan as much as a guy that just loves to complain about everything. He just likes arguements I believe

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

well honestly, which one of us doesnt want to have an altercation with Obrien lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Killa, I was there at the game. Sat on the 4th row behind the Pats sideline. I don't see any links to prove that the players weren't interested in his words. I do have some raw footage for you though. Let me see if I can put it together for you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Killa, here you go: download this

http://www.2shared.com/video/iKkJjazc/MVI_0947.html

I was able to get footage right after he started. I was shocked by it because he never does that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I'd say by the stories I've heard that it was with the coaches and the front office that Randy had a problem with. If it was because of his complaining to O'Brien that Brady kept going to him in the Jests game, then maybe that was the "altercation".  The "07 magic" just hasn't been there these last two seasons. And they certainly don't need distractions, whether they leak to the media or not. The offense needs to produce points until the D is settled in. Brady has plenty of weapons, so now is the best time to cut ties. They got him to an NFC team (who they will play this year, but not again until 2014...unless they meet in the SB), so he doesn't show up in Miami or Jersey! People say they only got a 3rd. But they only gave a 4th, and got 3 pretty good years out of him. Like someone said, it's better with such a young team if there isn't any lockerroom "drama".
    And Killa...your explanation of "sources" made me bust a gut! Now my sides hurt!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I was also told that on the plane ride home from Miami BB tried to talk to Moss and Moss told him no and turned away.........whats BB suppose to do ...........Moss has been acting up. He had no choice..........I am glad he is gone..........Minny and Oakland held him to long and he wrecked the locker room...........BB didn't give him a chance.....so Minny takes him back.......a sign of desperation

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Killa, here you go: download this http://www.2shared.com/video/iKkJjazc/MVI_0947.html I was able to get footage right after he started. I was shocked by it because he never does that.
    Posted by apdynasty23

What kind of a link is this? When I try to watch it it either asks me to download software or take an IQ test!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]"Sources" have comfirmed that MVPkilla4life is a very angry individual...." - Patsfan Yes...yes I am and on days like this its justified. "Apparently Moss huddled up the guys before the anthem and everyone walked out it shaking their heads and looking as if "are you serious" " - pancakes Link? I didnt read this anywhere so where did you see it? You cant just say something and pass it off as truth provide a link. Not trying to be a d*ck but now that he is gone everyone has all these storys about him and sorry but back it up. Evil you are right he didnt block and I didnt like it either but that does not mean he was a cancer. he never pulled any T.O. stuff and if people want to pretend he did that is their problem. He came right out and said "I want to be a Patriot" he just wanted a new deal. He never bashed his coach, his teammates, or his owner all he ever said was he didnt think they would resign him. Other then that and the fact that he didnt block on that play everything else is speculation with no way of backing it up so I dont buy it.

I agree he was no T.O., but you are wrong in the highlighted area.  After the post-season he indirectly called Kraft cheap:

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise.  I understand the business.  I don't think they're going to re-sign me back.  I'm not mad.  I'm not bitter.  It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team.  I think so. . . .

"That's not a knock on them.  That's just how they run their organization,"  Moss added.  "That's how it is.  Put it like this, I guess that before I came there the philosophy was believing in their system. I think that's where they really don't pay guys because they have so much faith in their system. I didn't mean it as a knock against the organization.  They just don't pay.  If as an individual I'm not really in their future plans I would like to go elsewhere."

The truth is that the Pats had been consistently just several millions from breaking the cap, year after year, in the capped era.  This had to put beach sand in Kraft's shorts, especially as he is Jewish (and probably heard more than once in his life some bigoted slur along those lines) and because he is a major philanthropist in the New England region.

That verbal stupidity by Moss probably got the snowball rolling downhill.