Moss has been traded for a 3rd round pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Moss has been traded for a 3rd round pick

Mike Petraglia
    Adam Schefter telling D&C right now that its official -- Randy Moss to Vikings for a 3rd round pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Moss has been traded for a 3rd round pick

Albert Breer
    Deal done. Randy Moss to Vikings for a third-round pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Tyrone McKenzie
    Damn, I'm going miss my big homie. Pats lost a true leader on n off the field today. He taught me a lot of off the field responsibilities.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Interesting....... Chad Finn
    I'll remember Moss the same way I remember Manny -- an absolute blast to watch most of the time. The ancillary aggravations were worth it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't mind the trade and think this might help bring our passing attack back to the days when Brady was going to the open man and not just tossing it up for the most talented, ie the Jets game. However, I'm upset it's only a 3rd. We most likely would have gotten that in a compensation pick if we let him walk after the season so the Vik's basically gave up nothing if they can't resign him.

I thought at min we would have gotten a 2nd since they would have gotten a high 3rd/low 4th (I consider comp picks inbetween round picks) as compensation anyways

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2for4. Show 2for4's posts

How many super bowls did they win with Moss?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

A 3rd rnd pick. Is this some sort of joke?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Here comes Vincent Jackson

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

"How many super bowls did they win with Moss?"

How many superbowls have we one with an average defense?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to Re: Moss has been traded for a 3rd round pick:
    [QUOTE]"How many super bowls did they win with Moss?" How many superbowls have we one with an average defense?
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

how did this deal make our defense better?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

[QUOTE]How many super bowls did they win with Moss?
    Posted by 2for4[/QUOTE]

The same amount they're going to win without him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I wish they'd at least waited until they played the Vikings first! He'll surely want to catch 4 TDs from Favre in that game. And who is going to cover him, McCourty????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2for4. Show 2for4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss has been traded for a 3rd round pick : The same amount they're going to win without him.
    Posted by jmarley[/QUOTE]

So we break even.  Going nowhere fast.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoreweb. Show shoreweb's posts

Are you saying that we would have got an automatic 3rd round pick for Moss if he had played out his contract and just left?!

I'm not that surprised that we only got a third...the vikes have to sign him to a new contract and its going to cost them a lot for an aging Moss. They know Moss has a couple of years left and they'll need thier picks cause to rebuild.

BB pulled the trigger and got what he could, sounds pretty familiar to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

From a strategic point of view, trading Moss is ok but for a 3rd rnd pick??? I gonna p.u.k.e.
    Please someone tells me who was the last 3rnd pick who panned out for the Pats?
    A terrible trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

If there is one thing we all should know by now is that you cannot fall in love with any player.  If you do the Pats will rip your heart out!

This move tells me that The on going issues with Randy Moss reached a point where the team needed to move on.

Firstly the defense is simply not good enough to win the Superbowl

Second, the patriots were not going to be able to resign him at the end of the season.

Third the addition of the rookie tight ends. the emergence of brandon tate, a healthy Welker and his clone Edelman has changed the offense. 

Will the offense be as good.  NO

Will the offense still be able to score a lot of points YES

How will this effect the future?

The Patriots are in an excellent position, rebuilding on the fly, stock piling high draft picks and coaching up a nice group of young pups that can take  the team forward for another 5 years.

By the way how's Logan doing these days? 

dboss

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

moss is a better player then all of our 1st and 2nd rd picks in the last 5 yrs.many of the draft picks end up being a bust,so you cant say the pats need to rebuild.the goal each year for any team is to win the superbowl each year,not to rebuild.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Can someone explain to me what the real driver is for doing this now, rather than after the season?  Were they really that afraid that Moss would be a problem this season?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss has been traded for a 3rd round pick : How did this deal make our offense, or our team, or our future team, or our organization, or ANYTHING REMOTELY RELATED TO PATS, better? It doesn't. Even the 3rd rd pick is what we would have gotten anyway if he walked at end of year.
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]
    actually, I think they could only geta 5th at the highest due to his 10 years in the NFL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Has anyone watched Moss this year.  He already had more dropped balls than all of last year.  He had been missing easy receptions.  His head is not here anymore.  He wanted out and got it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]How many super bowls did they win with Moss?
    Posted by 2for4[/QUOTE]

They same amount as they will win now without him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I said it in another post and I will say it here again.  The Pats orginazation had to feel they were not a legit Super Bowl contender this year (the defense needs more then this year to be SB contender level) so they unloaded Moss now for the pick.  Its the same pick they would have gotten if he stayed for this year and left as a free agent after, so I can only  guess they didnt want to deal with him for the rest of the year.  Obviously, they had no desire to sign him beyond this year.

This is just like those trades at the baseball deadlines.  Teams that buy (like the Vikings just did) think they have a shot to win it all this year.  Teams that sell (like the Pats just did) DON"T think they have a chance this year and start building for the future.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2for4. Show 2for4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss has been traded for a 3rd round pick : They same amount as they will win now without him.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Then nothings changed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikem235. Show mikem235's posts

I'm about 8 time zones away, so I had all day to talk this over with guys before it happened.  A guy here who works with me is a huge Vikes fan, and this morning, when when we saw the potential trade, I offered him Moss for a 2nd and a 5th and he thought that was a good deal for both sides.  Getting a 3rd seems like way too little.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]AlbertBreer Albert Breer Deal done. Randy Moss to Vikings for a third-round pick.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Way to jump on the pile Albie after Schefter did all the leg work.