Moss/Jets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Moss/Jets?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/03/report-moss-spent-tuesday-with-jets-players/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Moss/Jets?

I think Moss only complicates the Jets' offense. They have a formula that works, and it looked muddied that last game, like Ryan tried to add too much. 

They could add Moss, but I'm not sure what effect he would actually have when it is pretty evident that they are far better off handing the ball away to running backs and picking spots to hit their other targets like Edwards, Holmes, and Keller.

He is a worse down-field blocker than anyone on the roster, and either Edward or Holmes would have to come off the field to get him on unless they went spread, and if the Jets want to go spread and give the ball to Sanchise all the time, it only benefits their opponents.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Thanks for that. To a degree, I'm sure Rex is aware of that. He's been at odds with Schotty lately anyway so this would be a tipping point because that offense would really stall.

But if any team would be willing to eat the cost and have Moss sit just to prevent him from coming to the Patriots, it'd be the Jets

This wouldn't surprise me if it happened but I'm still assuming Moss wants to be nowhere but New England. We'll find out soon enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think Jason La Canfora tweeted that the feeling around the league is that Moss won't play for anyone but NE this season. There was a funny tweet on PatsInsider passed along there that read:

"Moss is under Bill Belichick's window holding up a boom box playing "In Your Eyes."

Not necessarily true on both accounts, but hilarious on both accounts. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Moss/Jets?:
    [QUOTE]I think Moss only complicates the Jets' offense. They have a formula that works, and it looked muddied that last game, like Ryan tried to add too much.  They could add Moss, but I'm not sure what effect he would actually have when it is pretty evident that they are far better off handing the ball away to running backs and picking spots to hit their other targets like Edwards, Holmes, and Keller. He is a worse down-field blocker than anyone on the roster, and either Edward or Holmes would have to come off the field to get him on unless they went spread, and if the Jets want to go spread and give the ball to Sanchise all the time, it only benefits their opponents.  
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree that The Sanchize is not really the guy to take advantage of what Randy could bring. I could see Green New Jersey putting in a claim as a preventive measure (although I'm pretty sure the Pats don't really want Randy, and it would be a waste of a resource). I'm thinking Miami, which precedes New Jersey in the selection order, would be a better fit and has the same dilemma of preventing Moss from dropping to the Pats -- who don't have to even put in a claim, as they are last on the list and would not have to pick up Randy's salary if he clears waivers, and already have the knowledge that Randy is truly, madly, deeply, sweetly and completely in love with them (this week).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

wonder if the jets wonder how dedicated Moss would be?.......imagine playoffs with game on line against Pats.....pass to Moss by Sanchez and he misses or dogs it on purpose?......lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]wonder if the jets wonder how dedicated Moss would be?.......imagine playoffs with game on line against Pats.....pass to Moss by Sanchez and he misses or dogs it on purpose?......lol
    Posted by sday4x45[/QUOTE]

This conspiracy theory is really starting to take shape now...

If Moss is claimed by the Jets, lets see how much Randy really loves BB, TB, Krafts and the Pats organization. Willing to play for your arch enemy in the same division is no love at all. I understand playing is playing, but the way he professed his love, you got to think he wouldn't cheat on his lover. Or perhaps like the song says, Moss is really a "part-time lover". 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

So according to PFT Moss met Jets players at Mark Sanchez's favorite hangout. My question is,Why was Moss at a gay bar?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

This is not happening.  Mandy Ross is not going to be a YET.  Even he did become one, would it make a difference?  I really think this guy is pretty much done but most fans are behind on that information.  He did not have a stellar year last year and this year has been woeful, except for the one handed grab over an injured Revis.  That's pretty much it.

So Mandy's search for a team to pad his stats for a new contract continues.  Whoopee!!

Did anybody notice that the PATS defensed Mandy the same way that other teams have successfully done it and he was a non-factor in the game..  He can't outrun the coverage anymore, so how is he valuable?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The Jets have all the receivers they need. That said to pickup Moss just so the Pats can't would be right in line with the boneheaded moves they've made in the past

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Even if he is a Jet, I don't think it matters too much. Having the kind of formations/playcalling that would be able to optimize Randy and other WR's would simply blow Sanchize's head up. 

I thought it was interesting how the Pats decided to cover him last game. He seemed to be passed depending on where he was on the field..from CB to LB to Safety, a few doubles I saw, etc. I'm not sure this is consistent with how other teams have accounted for him this year, but would like to know...anyone?

Even though Randy is not Randy of old, we saw firsthand how BB had to account for him. We didn't simply put Arrington on him with no help all game and say good luck. We did some creative things on defense to account, and just by doing so, requires energy and focus of other teams...meaning, less time they have to dedicate to everything else. So, yes, although skills diminished, I still think teams need to prepare for him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

I wouldn't consider freeing up Percy Harvin in the middle a nonfactor in the game. No to mention he did hurt us on the one time we put single coverage on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't consider freeing up Percy Harvin in the middle a nonfactor in the game. No to mention he did hurt us on the one time we put single coverage on him.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

True but we still won and in the final stats there wasn't a heck of a lot of difference in total passing yards.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Won't happen. Miami unfortunately will put a claim in off waivers to avoid that scenario.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If Moss is available by the time the Jets are in line then consider him going to the Jets.  However, Moss won't make it down the list that far. 

My thoughts where he goes in order of highest possibility

Rams
    Redskins
    Titans
    Dolphins
    Jets

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]So according to PFT Moss met Jets players at Mark Sanchez's favorite hangout. My question is,Why was Moss at a gay bar?
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahaha well played sir. 

anyway, i think this whole thing is blown way out of proportion. Maybe I am the only one who believes this, but Moss isn't seperating from CBs. I don't see the quickness at all.  I think we are better off without him and honestly, I hope the jets get him just so can play us and lay down bc of his emotions for New England. 

The Patriots have won the Randy Moss battle vs. the NFL. They have him by the neck and any team besides us that claims him is just asking for trouble and ticket sales. Jax can use him haha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

[QUOTE]So according to PFT Moss met Jets players at Mark Sanchez's favorite hangout. My question is,Why was Moss at a gay bar?
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

I fell out of my chair when I read this. LMAO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Yes Moss and Revis should get along swimmingly.  How would that look if you bring in a player that your best player says doesnt even try all the time.  Doesnt sound like the type of player the Jets would want.  Wasnt AD a surefire bet to go to the Jets as well? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I hope we dont get him.  I know the jets have thier share of "questionable characters" but I cant stand an athlete that spits on the common folk.  His actions toward the business owner that catered the vikings Friday night meal made me sick.  I disliked more than a few players I cheered for due to first hand knowledge of thier jerk off mentality, Warren Sapp and Patrick Ewing to name a couple.

From a football stand point we have all the receivers we need in Braylon, Holmes and Cotchery.  Last week there were a ton of dropped passes, hopefully we can put that behind us.

As for the comments on the Sanchize being gay, only in your dreams my man, only in your dreams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What about Cromartie's actions as a deadbeat Dad and loser father?  Sharing an opinion on food quality seems a lot less egregious than Antonio Cromartie not knowing what birth control is and ruining the lives of multiple kids who have no father.

Spin away, troll dork.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]I hope we dont get him.  I know the jets have thier share of "questionable characters" but I cant stand an athlete that spits on the common folk. 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

I was a Patriot's training camp this summer with my two (grown) sons.  No player other than Randy Moss came close to the stands.  When he was there, he tossed the football to a boy in the stands (about 12 years old) for him to throw a pass to him.  Can you imagine the thrill that gave that kid?  So, don't talk about spitting on the common folk.  You have no idea what you are even talking about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]I hope we dont get him.  I know the jets have thier share of "questionable characters" but I cant stand an athlete that spits on the common folk.  His actions toward the business owner that catered the vikings Friday night meal made me sick.  I disliked more than a few players I cheered for due to first hand knowledge of thier jerk off mentality, Warren Sapp and Patrick Ewing to name a couple. From a football stand point we have all the receivers we need in Braylon, Holmes and Cotchery.  Last week there were a ton of dropped passes, hopefully we can put that behind us. As for the comments on the Sanchize being gay, only in your dreams my man, only in your dreams.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOT

How was school today? Did you stay between the lines in coloring class?

As for sanchez don't you mean in your dreams? As in wet ones.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

1. I am not the one who calls Sanchez  gay.
    2. I purposely did not post on ATJ's thread because you and rusty are proving yourselves to be the biggest losers on the board.  I dont want a Jets fan pointing in out on that thread to take away from the specticle you 2 are making of yourselves.
    3. That is a great story about Moss.  I wonder what his deal was last friday night, or with the police officer by his car a few years back.  Or what happened in college that he was kicked off the team.  Maybe Kraft told him to go out and throw the ball around with a fan and see how it feels to make someones day instead of pi ssing on them.  I dont know. Dont really care about the guy.
    4. I dont think Cro is a deadbeat since he recieved up front money when he came to the Jets to put that situation behind him.  I dont know if he is current with his payments.  Hope he is and I hope he is able to have a relationship with his kids.

Rusty and Princess, I would like to make a deal with you both.  I dont expect you to take it but I will offer it anyway.  I have a very low opinion of both of you and I am pretty sure you dislike me.  My biggest issue is that I think that most of Rusty's posts are worthless from a football fans standpoint and I think that an even larger percentage of Princess' posts are just idiotic. My deal is this, beyond this thread, you do not post a response to any of my posts, ignore me please(literally press that button).  I will give you my word that I will NEVER respond to any of your posts.  I think it would appease the masses on this board not to see us argue about who lives in a basement or under a bridge.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

he did seem grow up a lot since coming to the pats, I give him that.  I mentioned that in past(before the season) threads when we discussed how this year would go with moss being in his last year of his contract.  I said an unhappy moss might be a distraction and he might just quit on the team.  Now I wont say that he blew up(as I would have bet on in the past) but he did manage to get himself traded.  So do you think that what went down last Friday was someway of Chili to save face or his job maybe?  I might consider that it was made bigger than what it was but when I read the article it pi ssed me off.

Most of the Jets that get shredded on this board are under 30 as well.  Actually all of them are.  Cro just got married in fact and I think he is 26.  Most of us did stupid isht in our 20s some kept in up into thier later 20s.