Moss trade??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Re: Moss trade??

This would be a good move IMHO. Moss is not part of the future. This Patriot team is coming together made up of no names and young guys (exception being Brady, Welker and Wilfork)  just as it started in 2001.
    If we moved Moss perhaps we take a run at aquiring Vincent Jackson the hold out WR in San Diego. He younger than Moss and he's a big target at 6'5" 230lbs.
    Belichick is a wheeler and dealer. Here's hoping the Pats  get a first Rd pick (or at least a 2nd) for Moss. The Vikings are one player away from making another run at an NFL title. The Patriots are rebuilding and as I said Moss is not part of the future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

In Response to Re: Moss trade??:
    [QUOTE]the pats would get a third round compensatory pick in the draft if he doesnt re-sign. why would they accept a third they would get anyway
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that the comp pick will also be effected by the free agents we choose to sign. So if we make a big splash then it would get knocked down. Can anybody else back this up?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

[QUOTE]I strongly believe Welker is the player he is because of attention to Moss creating favorable matchups for him.  Yes Moss has his issues and can sometimes make us wonder if he is the same guy who caught a pass with his feet while upside down the week before.  But make no mistake, he makes this team MUCH better than it would be without him.  I don't want to see us break the bank for him next year, but for the love of all that is holy, don't get rid of him this year.  It would create too much turbulance and we have no one that can do what he does. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

I don't agree! Welker used to torment the Patriots when he was at Miami. Frankly I'm a big Welker fan. He plays with heart and contucts himself like a man. Moss is a stat guy. He will never have a ring. If I were a coach I would hate baby sitting that guy. Hey coach Randy's unhappy! I said it last month, this is Terry Glenn all over again.The Patriots are rebuilding around young solid high character guys! Time to get back to what made those Super bowl teams great. Unselfish hard working ballplayers. In 2001 the Patriots won the whole thing with bunch of hungry hardworking guys.There were no Super Stars! Now all of the sudden we can't win without Moss? Baloney!
     Football is a team sport and there is no I in team! See ya Randy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Here's what I would ask for were I BB: Moss and a third round pick for Gerhart,Berrian,Webb and a Fourth round pick. They don't need another Wanna be DE/OLB,Ray Edwards is good player but if you are going to lose your outside threat at least replace him with a viable speed guy and shore up your running game at the same time. If it's just Moss for a third round pick save your breath Minnesota. By the way if they can skin Minnesota out of Berrian and Gerhart they come out ahead of the game,Iu just threw Webbs name in there because he played both WR and QB in College and he's 6'4".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How bad would it have been to keep Randy and Brady together while rebuilding?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Even with moss here(and perhaps he had checked out), it looked like the 2010 pats offense had changed. The emphasis appears to be on the tight ends. I guess you have to  welcome the change. I don't know if this year is our year but i like this team- the best incarnation since '07.
    oh well what can you do. this does reflect badly on moss however.  i know its hard but why couldnt he play the season for 9 milli and be content? oh well oh well oh well. but the belichick team-building stategy is evident- he wont go all in for just one season. it is a long term approach that can be frustrating for us fans to watch in the short term but ultimatelty, in the long view, he is doing right by us- this does SUC K though
    with welker edelman hernandez gronkowski tate crumpler the pats have one of their best receiving corps of the last ten years- looking at it that way its not so bleak
    [QUOTE]If the Patriots trade Randy Moss, They will say good bye to this season, because Teams will doulble up on Welker and no matter how many good rookie players the Pats have, it won't be enough to beat the good teams that remain on there schedule.
    Posted by SportsCar[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

If we get Bernard Berian I'll be happy too and a pick? that's an early christmas gift from Vikes yikes!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I like Randy Moss as a player and think he has contributed a great deal to the Pats.  That said (and I do not wish to start a sh*t storm) the Pats won 3 S/Bs without him and have won none with him. 

If I look at our receiver corps without him I don't see a significant drop down.  TB would still have ample weapons.

And, finally, (no, I am not a particularly big fan of KoolAid) BB does things for a reason and if he's looking to trade Moss he has his reasons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

Remember: Even when Moss wasn't catching 5-10 passes a game and scoring 3 TDs a game, He was still drawing double coverage A LOT...this has helped Welker a lot..I feel with no other deep threat, Welker's numbers will suffer for this....they need a deep threat..Period...and as far as Moss "losing his chance at a superbowl" : its clear that a super bowl is not what he is after...He wants his money while he still has reasonable value.. he is NOT concerned with a ring, but we all know once he gets his cash from the Vikes, he'll be all smiles on TV wearing his purple hat saying : "yeah man, I just wanna come here and help this team win a superbowl ! " yeah OOOOOOOOOOOOk buddy...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

WOW I'm shocked. Why don't we just sign moss and get on with the season

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: When the Randy Moss-to-Minnesota trade is completed later, Patriots will receive a third-round pick in return from Vikings. 4 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

SOOOOO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least a 2nd...W*T*F!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: When the Randy Moss-to-Minnesota trade is completed later, Patriots will receive a third-round pick in return from Vikings. 4 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter
    Posted by Anarchy99[/QUOTE]

I'd rather see the Pats keep him on the bench for the rest of the season, then give him away to Minnesota for a 3rd round pick. AWFUL!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

For a 3rd round pick only! Wow! Vikings fans will surely feel better about this than most Pats fans. That's for sure. Couldn't we at least get a reach around with the 3rd round pick?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

When you consider that the Pats traded a 3rd and 5th rounder to Oakland for Derrick Burgess...seems that they should be getting more for Moss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]I like Randy Moss as a player and think he has contributed a great deal to the Pats.  That said (and I do not wish to start a sh*t storm) the Pats won 3 S/Bs without him and have won none with him.  If I look at our receiver corps without him I don't see a significant drop down.  TB would still have ample weapons. And, finally, (no, I am not a particularly big fan of KoolAid) BB does things for a reason and if he's looking to trade Moss he has his reasons.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Everyone seems to forget that when we won those 3 SB's we had an excellent defense that was giving up around 14 to 17 points a game.  This current defense is giving up around 25. 

This team has been transformed from a "defensive" team to an "offensive" team.  We have to outscore people now, we dont win with defense.  To lose Moss from this team this year, would kill this year.  This defensive is NOT could enough to carry this team this year.  Maybe in the future but not this year.

And before people list all the other weapons we have, please remember those guys are open because Moss has two guys on him most of the time.  See how less room welker and the TE's have when there is no Moss spreading the field.

This maybe a good deal in the long run, but just like Seymour trade killed the team that year, this will end any hope of a SB here this year.  Then again maybe Kraft and BB don't think they have a legit shot at the SB this year and are doing that "planning for the future thing".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

A 3rd round pick?...i'm gonna throw up. 

seriously, isn't he worth more than that? We got fleeced on Burgess, so I can't compare 3&5 for Burgess vs. what we get for Moss...but, Moss is clearly a better player and although on the downside of his career, surely worth more than a 3rd. 
    So in the end, we rent him for 3+ years for a 4th and trade him for a 3rd.....assuming it goes down that way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]I look at it this way. We only gave up a 4th round pick to get him and we got 3 good years of service. He said he was going to hit the road anyway. Nothing wrong with another 3rd rounder.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

ewhite - finally a smart post. Great value for a player that is gone at the end of the year anyways.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]A 3rd round pick?...i'm gonna throw up.  seriously, isn't he worth more than that? We got fleeced on Burgess, so I can't compare 3&5 for Burgess vs. what we get for Moss...but, Moss is clearly a better player and although on the downside of his career, surely worth more than a 3rd.  So in the end, we rent him for 3+ years for a 4th and trade him for a 3rd.....assuming it goes down that way.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

That's my point!! If the Pats traded a 3rd and a 5th for Burgess, it seems silly to settle for just a 3rd on Moss. It could be that, with a strike looming in 2011...that the labor situation may be having an impact on this trade. Plus, the Vikes are going to have to commit big bucks to sign him.

What a bummer...especially coming off such a great win in Miami.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Bummer!! http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b1a1a9/article/vikings-reacquisition-of-moss-from-patriots-nearly-finished?module=HP_headlines

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

We had a shot the SB, it will be much harder now 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

I am speechless. A third rounder. Really? Is this a joke?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss trade?? :      That's my point!! If the Pats traded a 3rd and a 5th for Burgess, it seems silly to settle for just a 3rd on Moss. It could be that, with a strike looming in 2011...that the labor situation may be having an impact on this trade. Plus, the Vikes are going to have to commit big bucks to sign him.      What a bummer...especially coming off such a great win in Miami.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Moss wasn't staying after this year, so the absolute best the Pats could get in compensation would be a compensatory pick at the end of the third round (if that system even exists in the new labor agreement). So instead of a potential pick in the 2012 draft somewhere around #100, the Pats pick up a definite pick somewhere in the #75-85 range a year earlier. And who knows what BB eventually turns that pick into down the road?
    I'm not sure the Vikings are looking at anything past this year. They don't even know if Favre will be back next year....do you actually think Moss is going to sign an extension if Tavaris Jackson is chucking to him come next year? That's really laughable.
    NFLNetwork reporting deal is done BTW for the Vikings 3rd next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

Trade is done guys :((