MOSS...Now hear the rest of it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: MOSS...Now hear the rest of it.

I'll vouch for sfla4patriots making the call on Moss' seperated shoulder months ago.  It was an interesting point then and made a lot of sense.  He has been proven correct so I don't have any reason to doubt his other inside info on Randy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Maninca...You meet Cris Carter and tell me he's not trash...white or black, doesn't matter , trash is trash. He plays God on ESPN, but he is a crap person...and everyone who knows him will tell you...except Keith Byers, his only friend....What he did to Moss this year on ESPN was cowardly...but that Cris Carter...and you know what? His son is no different...a punk.

You tell me Jerry Rice did not run and hide after taking shot [ a brutal shot @ that] from Bruschi in 2001 playoff game????  He was afraid to get hit again, and Pats knew it. Tim Brown wasn't...Rice was.

Fact here is..moss could care less about what you, Breer or Carter says,,,but his message is to Jerry rice & Carter..do not be a hypocrite

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Sfla4patriots;

I honestly can't comment on the Oakland game.  I am a die hard 49er fan though and watched every single game he played in a 9er uniform.  I saw him take some pretty vicious hits, and his ability to go over the middle was legendary, ala Gary Clark.  He was also a very physical blocker.  I find it very hard to believe that Rice was intimidated by Teddy Bruschi after 15 years of getting hammered.  I certainly never witnessed it.  That sounds more like opinion than objective fact.

It's clear that Moss doesn't care about what I or anyone else thinks.  Sometimes he doesn't even care what his teammates think to be honest, or he wouldn't have quit in Oakland.  I'm not talking about "short arming" balls or getting intimidated, I am talking about a guy that just quit period.  And like I said, 60,000 people saw it and booed him off the field more than once. 

I have no problem with Moss' ability, it's second to none.  It's his character that sux, and has kept him from being a winner. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

When Bill Belichick said Randy was cool. That was good enough for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

ManinCa...The 'quitting' you're talking about in Oakland...is BS. Moss took a shot [ helmet] to his quad...Damn near totally severing it....and the Raiders called it a ..leg pull...only games he's ever missed

Why???...Because he was asking for/demanding a trade...because Oakland is such a cluster F of a place. 

QUESTION?? Other than Carter...have you EVER  heard anyone of his current ...or ex teammates say 1 negative word about him????...Never...And that includes Culpepper, who was Vikings cancer back then .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

sfla4patriots, I live in S.Fla myself (Miami). Can't stand the Dolphins and their obnoxious/flip flopping fans who go from optimistic to cynical with every game.

Nice work getting those tidbits on the Moss situation. It's great to find out some more detail to the that whole situation. I mean come on , BB and Brady went so far in their praise and defense of Moss and that says something. I love Moss and know he is hard worker and dedicated to this team. Hopefully we retool this offseason and are back next year with some hunger.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Sfla4Patriots;

So me and 60,000 other people that watched him lazily slug out of breaks in his routes and drop easy balls are all lying??  You are calling an entire stadium full of people that, unlike you, watched him play, liars.  I'm not talking about missing games, I am talking about mentally checking out.

He was miffed that the media would dare question his pot smoking incident in Oakland.  He glared at every reporter.  I'd watch local news and they'd ask him normal, unnoffensive questions and he'd slink in his seat with his chip on the shoulder attitude and that stupid irritated twang in his voice and shirk normal questions.  His character SUX!  I witnessed it first hand. 

He was supposed to be a leader, and instead turned a promising WR in Jerry Porter to a cr--p attitude whiner himself in less than a year.  His sulking was infectious.  Other receivers looked to Moss, but he even said himself he didn't want to be the leader. 

Like I said, 60,000 PEOPLE BOOED HIM MORE THAN ONCE.  Multiple times.  They didn't boo him for missing a game, or playing hurt.  Fans applaud players that play hurt, and everyone can see when a player is gutting it out hurt, ala Brett Favre.  Fans actually APPLAUD that.  

Moss was booed for quitting ON THE FIELD.  He wasn't hurt, unless you consider his feelings hurt.  And if he WAS hurt and still put out effort, the fans would have adored him just like any other city adores a star athelete like Favre, Emmit Smith, Kevin Garnet, etc., that play hard and play hurt.  Fans are not stupid bro.  60,000 them were not wrong, and you are not right.

People also don't need to have Moss' quotes explained or interpreted for them.  Again, everyone outside of N.E is equally as able to determine what he meant and in what context the statements Randy Moss makes are made. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Anyone on Twitter needs to send messages to Donte Stallworth...to come back to NE next year...He's a real good guy who went thru [ and still is ] hell.

He has sent me messages that he'd LOVE to come back if everything was right....An you know what?..Those guys had a blast in 2007...and he agrees w/me that he DOES NOT  want to play for Mangini next year.

His twitter handle is D_Stallworth18...and he's a damn good guy who made a big mistake...Lets get him back here where he belongs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

ManinCA...Moss would rather NOT play in NFL than play in Oakland cuckoo's nest...which isn't even the NFL anymore.

Oakland is a black eye to the league..and their admin's collective IQ is that of a bag of rocks

Noone cares what went on there...and trust  me Seymour is getting his butt out of there fast...lol, he didn't even hang around for final meetings..had plane waiting after last game.

oakland is not the NFL..is a mental institution.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Sfla4patriots;

True, Oakland is a sespool.  But, Seymour played all out all year.  No excuse for quitting.  Quitters quit when things are bad, and losing reveals character.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

MosshaterinCA, we get it, your opinion of Moss is crystal clear BUT thats not the real issue here, the real issue is the fabricated, slanderous story by Albert Breer, care to comment on that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

PatsRfineIn09;

My opinion on that is that I agree with Belichick.  No player on a losing team should be commenting about another team headed to the playoffs, or another player headed to the Hall of Fame.

If it was fabricated or not, I don't know.  For sure Moss gets a bad rap by the press, but at the same time he brought most of that on himself. 

His interviews in the bay area were always garbage.  He was always surly and on the defensive, even when presented with simple, normal run of the mill questions.  He was even offended when it was suggested that he was the leader of the team.  I didn't like his attitude from day one, and most others didn't here either.

So, I can see how the media has it out for Moss in the same way they did Bonds, and would fabricate or blow something up that didn't even occur, as may have been the case with Gamble.

I've never contended that Moss wasn't great or was a locker room "cancer", it's the other issues that bothered me, i.e., lack of effort, lack of preparation (PERFECT your routes in the offseason Randy), and the arrogant, dismissive nature of his fan base, who insist that he is misunderstood, picked on, and non-debateably the best WR to ever lace it up.  According to them, no one else is "even close". 

It seems like the people that are fans of Randy vibe with his Gen X personality, his prior flair, and as a result they are o.k with all or even support the things he says and does.

I'll leave you guys to disect the rest of this thread and its' topic.  I think I've filled it with enough filth by now Embarassed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cody16. Show cody16's posts

maninCa, how are you questiioning sfla4patriots when obviously he has some sort of connection to Moss? Who cares what you and 60,000 booing fans saw or think. He actuallly would know if Moss played through an injury and you wouldn't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Gamble has not and will not speak publically on it...but has made many calls.

He & Breer were classmates @ Ohio State...not sure of the deal there...But positive  he did not say it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KirkusFreak. Show KirkusFreak's posts

I have no doubt Moss was hurt...I do not know when he hurt his shoulder first for sure, but it was made worse at the Wembley game.  He was lit up by either Tanard Jackson or Phillips the safeties of TB...and went to the sidelines in some pain arm down by his side.  Later in the 3rd quarter he reached out and fell badly on a overthrown pass by Tom Brady that had him land on the same shoulder (the best way to discribe it is imagine the Preseason hit Brady had from Haynesworth only Albert was not on top of Moss...just the same impact of falling/diving).  He again came off in discomfort as I zoomed in on him to see if he was ok with my camera...and he was angry and looked in pain. Sadly that was the last of him in the game... The main thing is Brady stayed in a bit longer until Hoyer was in late on but Moss never returned when Brady was out there...so he was in my mind being protected.  It seems to fit really as Moss did not use his long arms and frame much to catch the ball high and might explain TB's lack of to many high passes he could go up for like in 2007 (ie the Dolphins '07game is a good example on his reach and jump he lacked his season )...just my 2 cents...get healed up Randy we need you back  shutting DB's up next year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Maninca...Yes seymour played all out there...it's his Free Agency year.

But he reared his ears back, had no 2 gap responsibility

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Sflapat;

Good point about the change in scheme.  That definitely benefited Seymour; they are a pretty free wheeling D in Oak, as they would like to be on offense.

Gridlocked;

People prasie Brady for playing through pain because he is a winner.  That is the difference.  Brady has made big time plays in big time games to WIN those games.  Moss has not.

Brady also doesn't have the same history of saying and doing outlandish things.  That's the obvious reason why people aren't on his case.  He's a class act.  At least to my knowledge, Brady has never whined about how the media has criticized him.  When you do that, it's like throwing gasoline on a fire, and the level of criticism just continues to grow exponentially, warranted or not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

maninca..Cmon child...Brady is a QB..just like Montana..you want to take that perspective then you can say same for J Rice.

Moss ADMITS he is a very bad loser..and in his life has been thru alot more than Brady...

Moss also tries to ignore the press...especially Globe junior varsity reporters now that Reiss is gone...but NFL forces him to speak.

Boston fans didn't take to Moss so much because of Touchdowns...they appreciated him for his run blocking downfield..Like I said,  I do not miss winter...but sure as hell miss Boston sports fans...best and most knowledgable in the world... They know when an athlete plays hard...and they run phonies out of town.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Solid post... I hope he is talking a 3 year extention that would be sick.. Once we get another receiver on the other side a healthy welker, a db, passrusher and sure up the offensive line all of which i think we will do this year in free agency and draft Pats will be back in the big game. A big game which MO$$ is hungry for and with a healthy brady 2 years removed from knee injury which is hard to comeback from pats will be nasty for years to come!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KirkusFreak. Show KirkusFreak's posts

Well Moss played out a season with one arm mostly and that showed a lot of heart.  As far as those saying he dogged it...most of the links to this were related to other team db's talking (which was a good strategy..after all Boston media picked up on it like gospel...),  pundits needing to hear there own voice and not be left out of a "story" real or imagined, or articles jumping on him when he most likely was playing hurt.  Sadly it was to easy for them...that makes me feel for Randy, he works hard shows he is a team guy and a few hiccups in this 2009 season and Moss gets called out like clock work.  I just hope he knows that Patriots fans do have his back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Kirkus...Funny how people handle adversity differently. Moss is an extremely intelligent guy, who sees [ correctly] the Boston media as being very low level....and he's for the most part correct.

Very few , if any, [ Tedy Bruschi, now] are qualified to analyze  football. Yet...the guy was tarred and feathered. From what I've heard...the most important thing for these guys is that they feel appreciated by their team, coaches etc.

We'll learn ALOT in the next month w/contract negociations..How will Pats handle potential lockout? Will their 2011 salaries be non guaranteeed?...Same w/the fans...All club seat contracts renew in 2011...How will this be handled? Thats alot of revenue.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Man, if only Randy could see this support from us the true Patriot fans. I'm positive he will resign with us as I see that he, Brady and Belichick have built a solid relationship. BB is always able to see through that unfair, biased media perception and see the true character and value of certain "bad" character players (i.e. Dillon, Moss, Harrison). I can't stand ESPN's biased football coverage with and refuse to watch anything football related there other than MNF.

On a side note, very interesting point on Stallworth wanting to come back. I would welcome him back with open arms as i'm sure he has learned his lesson and he deserves a second chance.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LenDaleUSC06. Show LenDaleUSC06's posts

The only thing about Jerry Rice's Receiving TD record in 1 Season was that Jerry did it in 14 games not the 16 games that Randy Moss had in 2007.

Of course, older guys may be angry b/c their records are being surpassed, but if someone broke my record & had done it w/more opportunities I would be pissed (internally), but as a professional w/a show I would still want the guy that broke my record on the show & I could razz him a little, but let it go.

I respect Randy's decision not to do the show as well.  I wonder if J. Rice was more pissed about losing his record or the possibility of the Patriots being labeled a dynasty & possibly winning more SB's in 1 Decade than the 49ers.  Even though that didn't happen for the Pats, but back in 2007 it looked like it would have been inevitable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Lendale...I think the issue is that Moss is his own man, has a very strong memory...and chooses not to associate w/those who back stab him...Rice has done that on Nat'l TV....so Randy spits on him.

But do not fool yourself....Moss wants to break ALL Rices records...and yes in Patriots uniform, management willing. And yes, is important to him....but not as important as winning.

Put Roger Craig behind Brady...and how many balls would Moss & Welker catch/year?...Craig a VERY underrated beast.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

sfla4patriots ..........any more insider information ?.......getting more from you in this thread then 6 weeks of Breer,Borges, and the gang. Good post