most fun preseason discussion: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE PATS FINISH AHEAD OF THE JETS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: most fun preseason discussion: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE PATS FINISH AHEAD OF THE JETS

TO make this a little more fun please make a case for your answer. For example, say why you believe (or know) that the Pats will finish 5 games ahead of the Jets... perhaps the Jets will not have quite as a good a running game as last year as their RT retired and their #2 RB will need a walker soon and their QB has regularly had QB efficiency ratings in the bottom half of the league starters so relying on a passing game might not be the best answer for them...

Or perhaps you think that players can take only so many failed coach's guarantees before they think he is a joke.

Or perhaps the three games they got handed to them wont likely be handed to them again this year... Or ... ?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: most fun preseason discussion: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE PATS FINISH AHEAD OF THE JETS

In Response to Re: most fun preseason discussion: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE PATS FINISH AHEAD OF THE JETS:
    [QUOTE]In Response to most fun preseason discussion: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE PATS FINISH AHEAD OF THE JETS : I think another 14 win season and 0-1 in the playoffs is likley for the Patriots.  The Pats are built for the regular season.  And as long as they continue to go up by 14-21 points, that awful pass D will be able to sit back and try to pick off passes they know are coming.  If they don't have that big lead... watch out. With all of those Jets wins you mentioned that should have been loses, why didn't you mention the three losses for a combined total of 9 points?  Or for that matter the Patriots three wins by a combined 9 points?  Keep those blinders on, sparky.
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

The Jets won some close games by outplaying their opponents. I give them credit where due. Not for amazing chokes by opponents. The Pats also won some close games but neither were those games HANDED to them.

Lets see if the Jets can win enough games this year without cheating... without their coaches having to actually go on the field to make the plays like they AMAZINGLY tried to do last year...

Have fun watching the Pats during the playoffs this year while the Jets fail to win any sort of tital YET AGAIN.... sparky....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: most fun preseason discussion: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE PATS FINISH AHEAD OF THE JETS:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: most fun preseason discussion: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE PATS FINISH AHEAD OF THE JETS : When a coach takes over a 4 win team, replaces the 1/2 the roster in a year, starts a rookie QB and brings them to back to back championship games,  he can promise anything he wants for as long as he wants.

So you must really really REALLLY love BB because not only did he win games, he won MANY Division titles, appeared in MANY AFC title games, and WON 3 SBs...

Also nice to hear that you really dont value winning SBs... or even games.. as long as his team won a few games last year or maybe the year before....

Lots of coaches have had a good year or two or three... but you might not remember their names if they never won even a division title... (I mean really, you gotta win at least a Division title at some point don't you?)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

5 games and f*** your mom

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: most fun preseason discussion: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE PATS FINISH AHEAD OF THE JETS : Sure, ok.  What did BB do in his first 2 years as a HC in the NFL?

OK - I agrree that is a fair thing to say. So, what team do you think Rex will finally coach when he is able to finally win a Divsion title? THis will be his thrid year in a row not even winning a Division...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

here's a thought:  the first of BB's defensive game plans for a SB to go to Canton happened before he became a head coach.  The 2nd SB game plan to head to Ohio, of course, came after.

Did Rex's game plan enshrinement come before or after he became an HC? just wondering.  i was googling, but can't seem to find anything...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: most fun preseason discussion: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE PATS FINISH AHEAD OF THE JETS : Bwa hahhahahahahahahahhaahahah You can't even give Rex credit for replacing 11 starters in his first season, installing the number one defense, the number one running game and with a rookie QB, going to the championship game.  That is just too hilarious.  You have topped even your most moronic statements to claim that Bill's failure in Cleveland is better than what Rex has done with all that poor drafting you keep talking about, dealing with the pile of rubbish left by Mangini (who you claim did a horrible job becasue he was a horrible coach).  That is priceless.  Rex has already been to more playoffs than Bill did in 5 years with the Browns.  Oh wait, it does take three years to rebuild, right?  Or is it 5?

With whatever respect might be due, BB was the defensive coach of some SB winners. THis might ahve been before you were watching football. We are talking about when he coached D for the Giants. Nothing to do with Cleveland. The Giants D was their greatest strength. It was what made them great. So BB has been a key coach on 5 SB title teams (if you are trying to count that would be using all your fingers on one hand.... including your thumb).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

I'm not sure I see the Pats duplicating 14-2 from last year.  They played the Packers playing without Rodgers, beat the Vikings without Sidney Rice and with a beat up Percy Harvin, and snuck by the Ravens.  I think a bounce of a ball here and there and they could have had about 11-12 wins last year.  Given, they did what they had to do and had an injured defense on their side, so there can be an argument that they could be better this year.

I say 12-4 for the Pats - I could see them dropping a game to the Eagles, splitting with the Jets (just because I hate the Jets and somehow they'll manage to get at least one win in some enfuriating fashion), Pittsburgh will avenge last years loss with a win at home, and the Pats will come out flat and lose a game they should win to say....Miami on Dec.24.

Jets take a step back due to their losses on the offensive side of the ball, as well as a less experienced D-line and finish 9-7.

I hope for better from the Pats, but injuries and crap pops up and I think the offense will have some hot and cold games with the new pieces in play.  12-4 seems reasonable, and good enough to win the division AGAIN.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: most fun preseason discussion: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE PATS FINISH AHEAD OF THE JETS : Sure, ok.  What did BB do in his first 2 years as a HC in the NFL?

Rex did not inherit a bad football team....  but give him his due.. he has done well to date.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

We wont see trolls here for months when the Yets fail to make the playoffs...

If we win the superbowl, which is likely, we wont hear from a Yets fan until the following pre-season.

As for making the superbowl, Im not the only one that sees it as a possibility, the individuals in Vegas see the pats as the team with the best odds of representing the AFC this year. This is so that McPhatty doesn't go the "homer" route, lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

4-5, the jets don't make playoffs.  their offense sucks big time. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

im of the opinion that we played one of the easier schedules in the league last year, and one of the most difficult this year.  that being said, i think we win 13 and the jets win 9-10

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

11-5 for the Jets- They play the Ravens and the Pats back to back, which is the hardest part of their schedule- besides that its smooth rolling until the Chiefs and eagles 

12-4 or 13-3 for the Pats, The reason they might have 4 losses is the tough schedule after the bye of Steelers, Giants, Jets, Chiefs, Eagles, and Colts. They are all 10+ win teams, and will be hard to play in a row like that.

So the Pats will finish probably 1-2 games above the Jets, but expect both to make the playoffs. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

To be honest, I don't care. As long as we win the division, get homefield advantage, and a 1st round bye.

To do the above, I think we'll have to go 12-4. I predict the Jets will finish roughly at 10-6.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

i dont think 12-4 secures home field or a bye.  perhaps the second by thru a series of tiebreakers, but there will be two 12+ win teams in the afc this year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to most fun preseason discussion: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE PATS FINISH AHEAD OF THE JETS:
    [QUOTE]Last year the Pats had one of the toughest schedules of the past decade and they finished 14-2. The Jets had three games that were about to be losses but the opponents played as if they were paid off and hadned them back to the Jets. With those three GIFTS the Jets finished 3 games behind the Pats at 11-5. During the offfseason the Pats have significantly improved their team while the Jets have scrambled just to keep as many of their players on the team as they could. The Pats drafted two bonifide O lineman stars of the future... and maybe not so distant future. THey add depth and real talent right away. The Pats added a well regarded, larger CB who adds depth and complementary skills right away. THey added two RBs, one of which looks to be perhaps the best feature back in the Division (though Spiller has the pure skills to blossom into the most dangerous if he makes strides this year). The second RB could be as good a short yardage back as there is in the Division - though this is not as strong a case as the one for Vereen. THe Pats added a monster blocking TE described by some as the best blocking TE they have seen coming ut of college in some time. The Pats added a late round OLB who has a chance of adding depth and possibly even challenging for a starting spot in his second year if he is as good as his film indicates. The Pats added via trade an All World D lineman... a HUGE addition - no pun intended. The Pats added a solid, sound, smart, WR (#85) who can run routes and gives another Branch type receiver but with a bigger frame and perhaps a little more threat deep (he is not his prime time self anymore but still very solid). Meanwhile the Jets added in places only where they lost key players so just hoping to tread water: a D lineman in the draft hoping he can replace their BEST D lineman from last year (doubtful a rookie will be able to keep this from a loss of talent over last year); they added a 34 year old WR who hasnt played in 2 years to replace a younger, faster WR who was their second best receiver last year (this could be a wash or it could be a drop off depending on what Burress has left); they lost their most dangerous playmaker (unless you consider that to be Holmes) in Brad Smith. Joe McKight was not able to unseat Smith last year so I suspect this is either a slight drop off or a real drop off. THe Pats D has quite a few good young players who have played 1, 2 or 3 years. THe added year of experience should be meaningful for most and possibly quite an uptick for some. THe likes of Brace, Moore, Pryor, Spikes, Cunningham, McCourty, Chung, Arrington, Butler, etc.... Meanwhile the Jets have perhaps one player on their D whom they hope shows more than last year (their rookie CB from last year). The Pats have their best CB coming back from missing the entire year. THey have perhaps their best big play D player coming back from having missed a good portion of the year along with adding a year of experience (Chung who could end up being the best safety the Pats have had since Rodney Harrison). The Pats have several decent D linemen coming back from missing meaningful amounts of time. The Jets big injury to the D last year retired. With all the above, from the records to the key additions to the added experience for many key players, to returning players from injury, how many games do you think the Pats will finish ahead of the Jets this season?
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

The Pats should not be focusing on just the Jets. They should be focusing on beating those tough NFC teams, like Green Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Philly. For the Pats this year, it's championship or bust. I still think that they need to add to their "D" to enable them to win it all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

the only one of those teams we play this year is philly...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]im of the opinion that we played one of the easier schedules in the league last year, and one of the most difficult this year.  that being said, i think we win 13 and the jets win 9-10
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

One of the easier schedules?  They played--and beat--six playoff teams, including all four teams in the conference championship games (Jets, Steelers, Bears, and Packers).  I doubt any team had a harder schedule than the Patriots last year, and none had a better record against playoff teams. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

16-0 Pats
    9-7 Jets