Most Improved Player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Most Improved Player

I heard Troy Brown discussing this last night and I read an article today (link below) conjecturing who will be the most improved Patriot this upcoming season. For this discussion we can include all players. Except Crable.

Interestingly, Troy Brown predicts Kevin Kaulk, saying he's under 200 lbs and noticeably quicker. (He also predicts the Jets win the division.)

I'm going to go defense and surmise that Darius Butler will continue to improve and justify his earning the starting CB spot opposite Leigh Bodden.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2010/7/28/1592860/2010-patriots-nfl-predictions-most?ref=yahoo

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Most Improved Player

I'll say Brace.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Most Improved Player:
    kevin Kaulk...must have been on the taxi squad My vote for MIP...isn't it obvious: Shawn Crable, of course!
    Posted by jfaust1954

Most improved player not most injured player.Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'll say Brace for the simple reason that it can't get any worse.  Just putting his pads on correctly is an improvement.
    Posted by Tcal2

It would be nice to see Brace on the field more. I'm looking forward to seeing a vastly improved defense overall this season. Go Pats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I hope Guyton. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

kevin Kaulk...must have been on the taxi squad
    Posted by jfaust1954

LOL, kevin kaulk

how bout maroney? he needs to breakout or he'll be gone

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

it'd be funny considering all the grief he's gotton if he earned the RE spot or he got the NT spot with Wilfork moving over to RE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

If Kevin Faulk is our most improved player than we win the Super Bowl.  The guy is our most important player on offense after Welker.  He might even be better than Welker at moving the chains.  If Kevin Faulk has a great year and is injury free then our offense will be clicking all the way to the Super Bowl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

mighty it would be hard pressed for Faulk to improve on what he already does for this team. If he actually is improved it would pressure the defense to focus more on him and leave Brady an assortment open targets to choose from.

lol, it is fun to dream.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpporters. Show bpporters's posts

There are quite a few guys who could become most improved. Several of last years rookies have lots of potential, a few of them should take a big step forward this season. I'll guess Patrick Chung.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

If Kevin Faulk is our most improved player than we win the Super Bowl.  The guy is our most important player on offense after Welker.  He might even be better than Welker at moving the chains.  If Kevin Faulk has a great year and is injury free then our offense will be clicking all the way to the Super Bowl.

Posted by themightypatriotz

In my opinion defence will be the key if we are to make a deep run in playoffs. I mean we can put 40 points on any opponent but the defense has to get the ball for us. So I would say atleast hoping Darius Butler.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

my bet is on butler or chung. but i am hoping it is maroney!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

For most improved player from last year going to go with Darius Butler followed closely by Pat Chung. Most improved position on the team will be our 3rd WR going from Galloway/Aiken to Holt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Myron Pryor                the guy played out of his league last year. I bet he's the new Ty Warren.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Light...?????......Koppen....Neal....Vollmer

this entire unit needs to improve or it will be a very long season

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

I'm going with Chung.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Mayo.  Tough sophomore season due to injuries and running mates.  Think he is going to have a huge Pro Bowl worthy season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Id like to see Chung become the most improved player in 2010 - starting alongside merriweather. Chung brings a presence that hasnt been around since Harrison. He can play near the line and threaten to pass rush in certain situations.

My next improved player im hoping is Ron Brace. think he got a bad rap for being pushed around. He was a monster in HS and at college so hopefully he learned from his mistakes as a rookie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Terrance Wheatley.  I heard on Pats preview that he is really healthy for the first time in 3 years.  Plus I refuse to believe that the Pats could blow 2nd and 3rd rounders from one draft.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This is a stretch but if Burgess retires I am casting my vote for.....Piere Woods. Before you laugh me off. Woods has arguably been our best special teams player since joining our team. From 2006-2008 he had more ST tackles then any play on team(Izzo had 2 less) In 2008 he became the full time starter from week 9 on but broke his jaw and hit the IR. He had 34 tackles at the time but that # would have gone up if he had not been injured and maintained his starting role. Last year he ha had 36 tackles and started 3 games.

He is 6ft5 250 #s fitting the BB typical OLB. This is his 5th year in the Pats system and has starting experience. He has done his time on ST and is a do whatever it takes guy. I also remember a pre season game I think in 08 where he had 2-3 sacks and 6 QB pressures.

Remember guys like Bruschi and Vrabel were nothing more then ST players until they got the chance(around the same age that Woods is now 28) I think this could be an opportunity for P Woods to step up!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I love the optimism.

Faulk, Butler, Brace, Guyton, Chung, Maroney, Pryor, Mayo, Wilhite, Burgess, Brace, Wheatley, Edelman, Tate, Woods, all these were named. If only half of these players improve, what an improved team we will have!