Re: Most Intriguing Posters of 2013 Power Rankings
posted at 1/2/2014 1:15 AM EST
In response to AcheNot's comment:
Here is a list of the Most Intriguing Forum Posters of 2013 power ranked from 1-10:
1) Rusty - His detractors love to hate him, but I swear if he adopted a more orthodox/reverent view of Tom Brady, then all the other things he is routinely bashed for (ie, namecalling, thread hijacking, know-it-all-ism, giant ego, BB idolatry and so on) would be overlooked or at the very least more tolerated...If he seems like he's always here, it's because, well, he is never not here...Refuses to be talked down to by anyone he perceives to be his intellectual inferior, which come to think of it, is all of us...Presently working on a memoir of his experience here on the board. Tentative title: "In Defense of BB: Bludgeoning Trolls, Irrationals, and Millenials in the Free Agency and Salary Cap Era"...Biggest fault: Hello? His anti-Brady bashing harangues are legendary, but even for someone like me who sees merit in some of the tirades, they are just too much...Nickname: The Czar of Message Boarding
2) BabeParilli - Has reputation for being a grouchy, old sourpuss, but dont believe the hype...Most famous for abruptly retiring from the board one day and then abruptly unretiring the very next day. He's done it like seven times already. If/when he does it again, just say,"Yeah, right. Seeya tomorrow, Babe"...If Rusty Bashing were some kind of bacterial infection, then Babe might have to be considered Patient Zero. Technically not the first to bash Rusty, I suppose, but nobody does it better or with a truer sense of purpose than Babe does...Biggest fault: Hello? His ballwashing of Tommy Boy is at times so unmanly that even the other BBWs on the board seek to distance themselves from it...Theme song: Katie Perry's "I Kissed Tom's Balls, and I Liked It". (Full lyrics posted on demand)
3) Wozzy - Generally speaking, a voice of reason, optimism, and occasional wisdom on a board often dominated by bombast, flat ulence, folly, and doom. His levelheaded football analysis is welcome especially on days when others here are flipping out at the latest crisis affecting the NEP. Some like to rock the boat. Wozzy seems more inclined to steadying it...Biggest fault: Well, a week or two ago in a thread titled "Gronk's Replacement", Wozzy had this to say about the Newtown tragedy:
Yes, innocent people died that day, but the true perpetrators of what was really a ritual murder and an attempt to steal our civil liberties one inch at a time are still at large
Ever since, every time I read one of his posts, the following tv theme ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU ) starts playing in my head...
4) rkarp - Our very own Patriots Insider *groan* with his very own Harvard Business School degree *groan*...Most famous for 1) Making bets with fellow posters/Losing the bets/But then posting threads insisting that he won the bets...and 2) Posting rumors about the Pats, almost all of which turn out to be false. In November however he did accurately predict Tommy Kelly being placed on IR (blind squirrel/acorn theory, anyone?), a prediction that made him a hero to Rusty Bashers everywhere...Biggest fault: Hello? Dude is a shameless namedropper. THUD!!! That's the sound rkarp makes every time he drops the name of a semi-famous person he wants you all to think he is good buddies with...
5) TexasPat - Genial wingnut from (I believe) the Houston area. My mind's eye pictures him looking like Mack Brown's slightly younger brother...Most famous for his weekly in-season threads of original material (ie, Patriot Report Card & Pix of the Week). He also fancies himself a draft guru of sorts (think Mel Kiper but with less flamboyant hair), and every year he produces a damn good Mock Draft (think Mike Mayock minus the annoying lisp)...Biggest fault: His annnual explosion on draft night when the Pats select someone not on his personal Big Board is as predictable as it is seismic. I think he gets ripshit or something because the Pats do not consult him before making their pick. Look for him to explode again in April, okay? It's a longstanding tradition here and really kind of a hoot
6) TFB12 - Affable Pats fan/Welker apologist from Nevada and one of the more popular posters in the forum. Most famous for his masterful Photoshop work that everyone loves...high quality stuff that deserves a wider audience than this forum provides...Biggest Faults: 1) Still defends the indefensible: Welker's drop in SB46. 2) Seems more preoccupied thesedays with ongoing feuds with Rusty and Rally than he is in Patriots talk, and as a result his good guy image has taken a slight hit. No biggie though
7) The Butchise Family of Sock Puppets - Jets fan who alledgedly posts under various screen names (MeadowlandMike, Bungalow-Bill, UncleRico to name a few), who has been beat down so bad over the years by his team's abject failures that he has made it his mission in life to antagonize Pats fans here everyday, presumably because the team they support wins all the time, and he hates it. (Hey, Butchise, "your jealousy is delicious")...Famous for starting threads lauding the Jets for rising all the way up to number 12 on the ESPN Power rankings. Apparently in Butchise's World, being number 12 is something to brag about. Wow, talk about small victories, huh?...Biggest Fault: Hello? Stockpiling a million sock puppet accounts is pretty goony, but so is his fixation on Rusty. Many of you suffer from the latter affliction though, so in a way Butchise is no better/no worse than a lot of you here
8) zbelllino - If the polling feature still worked - it doesnt of course (Thank you, dottie/Youre doing a great job/Keep up the good work), but if it did - and I asked the question "Who is the most astute forum poster", it's a good bet that the sainted zbellino (aka Professor zBizzle) would win. The smooth, brainy Prof Z has been lecturing eloquently here on the State of the Patriots and of the NFL since way back in 2006. Seems like a pretty cool dude to me. The kind of teacher youd invite to your dorm party...Biggest fault: Last year he led a Let's Put Rusty On Ignore campaign that bombed. It fizzled out before it even got started. Hell, some of Babe's retirements lasted longer than this thing did. I tried to warn him that it wouldnt work, but my message never made it up the Ivory Tower, I guess...
9) Muzzwell - Ive always thought of Muzzwell as an underrated poster on the board, but a month or two ago in the "Best Forum Posters" thread, he got so many mentions, I'm startng to think he may be a little overrated right now. But whatever...Well informed, articulate, precise/to the point, and often very funny. What's not to like about ol' Muzz?...Biggest fault: None. Muzz rules!
10) UD6 - Giant Peyton Manning rumpswab from Indianapolis...The letters "UD" dont stand for "Ultimate Do uchebag", I dont think, but that doesnt stop the old timers here on the board from treating him like he is one. I'm fairly new around here, so I dont quite understand all the vitriol directed his way, but I take it that during the Spygate era, he was a real equine posterior to everyone, and the old regulars here havent forgotten...No longer "intriguing" really, so he doesnt belong on this prestigious list, but I included him anyway for the fun of it and for the thrill of calling him a "UD"...Biggest fault: Hello? Too many to mention...
sniff...snifff.. yep, just as I thought. Anyone who agrees with or defends ol Rustyie is either him or equal the idiot.
If you had any brain at all, you'd know that Rustyie's Brady bashing isn't really about a dislike for Brady or even a strong belief that extensive passing is an automatic detriment. The negative posts regarding Brady are completely about attempting to absolve BB from any responsibility of a decade of failures. His weird boy crush on BB blinds him from ever being able to accept that the team is run EXACTLY as he wants it run. The players are of his choosing, the coaches are of his choosing, the playcalling are EXACTLY what he wants or those responsible wouldn't be there. Brady is the only person who he could possibly try to lay the blame on. He just doesn't realize that about 27 other teams in the NFL would take Brady in a heartbeat.