Most likely No Delhomme this week. The Pats should be able to Capitalize.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Most likely No Delhomme this week. The Pats should be able to Capitalize.

Nothing like playing a beat up team with a weak defense to get you healthy mentally. The Panthers aren't saying it but the local beat writers seem to think that Delhomme won't play with a broken middle finger on his throwing hand. DeAngelo Williams was also inactive with an ankle injury last week and is highly questionable so they should be Starting Matt Moore at QB and Stewart at RB. The  Panthers struggled to put up 16 against a pathetic Tampa team last week and should be pretty one dimensional so let's hope this is what the DR. ordered for us. Should be pretty cold in Foxboro this weekend at the least and I expect the Pats to pull this one out by double digits. Pretty scary prediction after what we've seen the last few weeks but Carolina isn't good and if we blow this one I may throw the towel in....Nah

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Most likely No Delhomme this week. The Pats should be able to Capitalize.

The way Delholmme has been playing this year, it would be better if he were playing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

LMCLAO   Why wouldn't we want him to play!! He's averaging 5 picks a game!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Most likely No Delhomme this week. The Pats should be able to Capitalize.:
    [QUOTE]LMCLAO   Why wouldn't we want him to play!! He's averaging 5 picks a game!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

His stats are bad this year but he has had some good games against us in the past and Moore is a worse QB. If I had my choice it would be to face Moore especially after what I've seen our "D" do against what I feel to be Mediocre talent such as Chad Henne.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

LMBFAO!  You jinxed us lol.  There are a few of us on this board who think we play better against starting QB's than we do against backups.  Brees and Manning being the exceptions; give us their backups.  I'm going to sh#t cucumbers if we make the Carolina backup look like an all-pro QB this week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Most likely No Delhomme this week. The Pats should be able to Capitalize.:
    [QUOTE]LMBFAO!  You jinxed us lol.  There are a few of us on this board who think we play better against starting QB's than we do against backups.  Brees and Manning being the exceptions; give us their backups.  I'm going to sh#t cucumbers if we make the Carolina backup look like an all-pro QB this week.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

LOL..I'm not one of those so let's hope I didn't put the whammy on us. I don't mind Delhomme with a broken finger but I still consider him slightly better than Orton or Henne when he's healthy and those guys looked pretty good against us. I'll take my chances with Moore. Carolina had some trouble moving the ball against Tampa last week with this lineup and I actually think Tampa outgained them on offense by over 100 yards. I'm going to be scared going into every game from here on out and I'll take all the injuries another team can offer us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

I dunno...could be a trap game.  This defense may make Matt Moore look like
    an all pro QB  (see Chad Henne....good grief !!)

The 2009 NE Patriots are a transition team...IMHO

Too many holes to fill.... I actually think 7-5 is who they are.  Hoepfully BB has a plan and the "downtime" will be short.  Should be an intersting off season.

I think both the O-line and the D-line  are average at best.  This team needs to get back to basic smash mouth football.  Draft, trade or sign big, fast and especially mean linemen on both sides of the ball.  Both O and D begin upfront.

I'd love to get Toby Gerhardt in the draft....now there is a player with an attidude.  Just what this team needs...a meaner attitude.  We use to have that but this team has alot of new players that just don't that "it" and I think that "it" is attitude.  That "take no prisoners" attitude for 60min.

I am afraid thid team tends play down to its opponents ability...if they take this attitude into the Carolina game don't be shocked with they come up short.

I still think we make the playoffs...but I'd be shocked (and thrilled) if it's not one and done.

I've been a Pats fan since I was 8  and love this team but I am also a realist.
    This team is just not right.

Go Pats  !!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

rxmsg you say lets draft super big and yet super fast and mean d line and o line players. WOW you make it soudn so easy , lets just go get hybrid players and sign them all , to bad it isnt that easy. This team is good but poor coaching decisions and once again the BIG PLAYS have destroyed them in their losses. ie. sants,colts,miami(field goals). Are we that good, no we really arent, we know it would take over a year for TB to be back to 100% and he is still playing tremedous for what he had to overcome but im a realist, we need to make things happen in teh offseason, get a 3rd receiver, a new RG and a DL, i hope mkenzie our 3rd round linebacker will be a big time player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

The only thing going for the pat's this week is that the game is at home and not against an elite team.  I still expect the game to be alot closer than the pundits say.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]I dunno...could be a trap game. 1) This defense may make Matt Moore look like an all pro QB  (see Chad Henne....good grief !!)The 2009 NE Patriots are a transition team...IMHO Too many holes to fill.... I actually think 7-5 is who they are.  Hoepfully BB has a plan and the "downtime" will be short.  2) I'd love to get Toby Gerhardt in the draft....now there is a player with an attidude.  Pats  !!!! 
    Posted by rxmsg[/QUOTE]

Point 1: You're not alone on that but Delhomme could look like Johnny Unitas also and he has more experience. I could be numb but I expect to win pretty big this week as we have had pretty good success at home and Carolina really is a poor team.

Point 2) I love Gerhardt..He's not just a good hard nosed player he is a football junkie on and off the field and has been his whole life. His old man made sure of that. When he's playing at home his father is up in the stands coaching him on mannerisms and techniques using hand signals. We have a lot of picks this year, let's hope we choose wisely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Pats big no matter who starts for them. I think this could be like the Titans game. 

• TB's head clear knowing his family's doing well
    • Coming home after two really bad losses and two weeks of hotel rooms
    • BB obviously not happy
    • Players being sent home for being late
    • Team putting one up for TB and the kid
    Could equal blowout

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

The Pats DBz will still get smoked and the Front Seven will not get within five yards of what ever QB is playing,  this Defense shucks.  This D hasn't made a game changing play since Pees took over.  Every QB has a 158.3 rating when we play them, every QB has a carrer day against the Vaunted Patriots Defense.  this Defense is the sorriest bunch of "Football" players I have ever seen.  Is ther one player that can actually tackle?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

chad henne is a mediocre talent? really?

im not saying he is the next marino but he is far from mediocre with an arm like that and the head to not make silly turnovers

but to the point of the thread...i feel like this could very well be a trap game for the pats but with that said...i still expect them to win by actually playing a solid 2nd half of football

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Carolina is not as bad as they look, I'm also thinking this could be a trap game.  If its close coming into the 2nd half look for the Panthers to run the ball on just about everydown and take tons of time off the clock.  IF thats the case watch out it will not be pretty. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Chad Henne just tore our D to shreds. Chad Henne! We have the tendency to make mediocre QB's look good over the past few years. AJ Feeley and Kyle Boller in 2007? Seneca Freaking Wallace in 2008? JaMarcus Russell in 2008? JAMARCUS RUSSELL.

Be afraid of Matt Moore. Very afraid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]chad henne is a mediocre talent? really? im not saying he is the next marino but he is far from mediocre with an arm like that and the head to not make silly turnovers but to the point of the thread...i feel like this could very well be a trap game for the pats but with that said...i still expect them to win by actually playing a solid 2nd half of football
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

I'd say Henne is middle of the road in the NFL for QB's that fits as mediocre. He doesn't do anything special and he isn't headed to the pro bowl any time soon. I would lump him in with Orton right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Chad Henne just tore our D to shreds. Chad Henne! We have the tendency to make mediocre QB's look good over the past few years. AJ Feeley and Kyle Boller in 2007? Seneca Freaking Wallace in 2008? JaMarcus Russell in 2008? JAMARCUS RUSSELL. Be afraid of Matt Moore. Very afraid.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that thought Caesar but Delhomme is better Moore. Skrew it, I'm casting my fears aside for this game. Pats by 17.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Another chance for a nothing QB to shine. I'm sure we won't blitz him at all, he'll have all day to pass and a career game. I'm kidding of course, but you can see how jaded the defensive gameplanning has made me. Seriously, get after this guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

In 2007, the two teams that gave us two of our biggest scares(Egles, Ravens) were without their starting QBs(McNabb, McNair).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In 2007, the two teams that gave us two of our biggest scares(Egles, Ravens) were without their starting QBs(McNabb, McNair).
    Posted by FishTaco64

Yeah, but this is 2009..Every QB kills us this year.LOL  I'm using positive affirmations this week to achieve positive results. If that doesn't work I'll try the power of group prayer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Against either QB, I KNOW we will play extremely well in the first half and will probably take a double digit lead into halftime...

The question is what will we do in the second half - specifically in 4th Q ???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

[QUOTE]LMBFAO!  You jinxed us lol.  There are a few of us on this board who think we play better against starting QB's than we do against backups.  Brees and Manning being the exceptions; give us their backups.  I'm going to sh#t cucumbers if we make the Carolina backup look like an all-pro QB this week.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Start loosening that sphincter