motivation is for kindergarteners a quote by AD thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

motivation is for kindergarteners a quote by AD thomas

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/13769/belichick-banishes-thomas-second-time

its obvious thomas dosent really want to be a patriot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Re: motivation is for kindergarteners

Then he must go!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to motivation is for kindergarteners:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/13769/belichick-banishes-thomas-second-time its obvious thomas dosent really want to be a patriot.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

He was supposed to an impact player. I certainly was hoping he'd be a playmaker on defense - based on his previous reputation.  Are the Patriots using him correctly or is it a matter of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I agree with Adalius.  If you're paid millions of dollars per year, or even a league minimum $400,000 or so, you shouldn't need additional motivation.  BB's treating him like a child, and I'd take offense too... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Disagree with Jules.

As veteran player, he should be the one setting the bar that the young players try to reach. Instead, he acts like a child and shows up late. I think that was the most "fire" I saw in AT during that interview, at least more than in anygame. I applaud BB for not fluffing an ego. It is about the team! If you are late, you will sent home and hurt the team, period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

In Response to Re: motivation is for kindergarteners:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Adalius.  If you're paid millions of dollars per year, or even a league minimum $400,000 or so, you shouldn't need additional motivation.  BB's treating him like a child, and I'd take offense too... 
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

It's called discipline, something these spolied athletes need. He doesn't fit into the Pats team first philospohy and hopefully the Pats dump him after the season.  I applaud BB for showing this clubhouse cancer who is the boss. What has he done in his almost 3 ys w/the Pats? He was overrated w/the Ravens as Suggs and Lewis were often dbl team which inflated Thomas's sack totals. He's an average OLB/DE. Adios Adalius. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

This smacks of Iverson's famous "practise is for chumps" tirade and we all know what a stand up guy he is. Who are you going to trust? The successful coach or the underachieving player? I'll venture to guess that this was not an isolated incident.  P.S. Players performing up to snuff do not need motivation, so in convoluted way Thomas has indicted himself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: motivation is for kindergarteners : It's called discipline, something these spolied athletes need. He doesn't fit into the Pats team first philospohy and hopefully the Pats dump him after the season.  I applaud BB for showing this clubhouse cancer who is the boss. What has he done in his almost 3 ys w/the Pats? He was overrated w/the Ravens as Suggs and Lewis were often dbl team which inflated Thomas's sack totals. He's an average OLB/DE. Adios Adalius. 
    Posted by MarylandFan[/QUOTE]

so, if it's about the "team" and "winning" - why is BB being irresponsible and LOSING games by making poor decisions like going for 4th and short vs. the Dolphins vs. going for a WIN by kicking a FG?

It's not like AT was late in GOOD weather.

Just like any other areas that have bad weather - MOST people show up on time - but some come in late - what's the big deal?  I don't know of any time when someone has been sent home when showing up 10 minutes late due to inclement weather.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the only problem is the pats will eat a lot of money.and the only thing that can save them next year is a no cap year to cut him or some how trade him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]This smacks of Iverson's famous "practise is for chumps" tirade and we all know what a stand up guy he is. Who are you going to trust? The successful coach or the underachieving player? I'll venture to guess that this was not an isolated incident.  P.S. Players performing up to snuff do not need motivation, so in convoluted way Thomas has indicted himself.
    Posted by plinny[/QUOTE]

I'm with you P.  Tedy Bruschi took less money and was self motivated more than anyone we have ever had. This is no different from any other job in that there are some people that come into work every day and want to perform above everyone else. Then there is the working class stiff that slacks off and makes everyone else's job harder and is only looking forward to collecting his check at the end of the week."Entitlement" 101. I hate the working class stiff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

To paraphrase the Upanishads: "The fruits of labor are merely an end result of a process, it is the labor itself that is the true reward."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: motivation is for kindergarteners : It's called discipline, something these spolied athletes need. He doesn't fit into the Pats team first philospohy and hopefully the Pats dump him after the season.  I applaud BB for showing this clubhouse cancer who is the boss. What has he done in his almost 3 ys w/the Pats? He was overrated w/the Ravens as Suggs and Lewis were often dbl team which inflated Thomas's sack totals. He's an average OLB/DE. Adios Adalius. 
    Posted by MarylandFan[/QUOTE]

Hmm, AT doesn't fit the mold. Wasn't it BB who "hired" AT. So, basically what your saying is that BB made a poor administrative decision. Maybe BB should be fired for making a poor hiring decision.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]To paraphrase the Upanishads: "The fruits of labor are merely an end result of a process, it is the labor itself that is the true reward."
    Posted by plinny[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of them but I Like them.  Good Quote

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm sure BB is kicking himself for signing this loser.   At the time I remem ber people bitching that the Pat's didn't sign any big name FA's.  Then they signed AD.  Everyone was excited.  He was supposed to be one of the most sought-after FA's that off-season.  BB signs him for his supposed versatility.  It obviously was a mistake.  Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.  Bringing FA's don't always work out.  It was an expensive mistake.  I don't see the Pat's putting themselves in a hole when it comes to signing FA's in the future.  In fact,  I think they have already begun to do that.  Anyone still want Julius Peppers?   If we got him and it didn't work out then BB is an idiot,  right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: motivation is for kindergarteners : Hmm, AT doesn't fit the mold. Wasn't it BB who "hired" AT. So, basically what your saying is that BB made a poor administrative decision. Maybe BB should be fired for making a poor hiring decision.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    I usually don't respond to troglodyte (quick go to Webster's) trolls, but in your case I'll make an exception. Don't put words in my mouth Bubba, and the tone of your email indicates that you're a BB hater. He's got 3 rings this decade, should have been 4 so how many has your team got if you're not a Pat fan. The Indy and Saints games are ancient history, I live in the present  and I concurred w/both of BB's decisions, you obviously dont. AT has been a bust and you want to fire the best coach in the NFL. If you want to engage in an  constructive adult manner that's fine, just chill out and don't shoot the messenger! I'll ignore anymore of your caustic posts. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to motivation is for kindergarteners : He was supposed to an impact player. I certainly was hoping he'd be a playmaker on defense - based on his previous reputation.  Are the Patriots using him correctly or is it a matter of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole?
    YOU expected a playmaker... but he is NOT making plays... so (like a LOSER) you blame everyone else... GOOD JOB LEON~!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: motivation is for kindergarteners : Hmm, AT doesn't fit the mold. Wasn't it BB who "hired" AT. So, basically what your saying is that BB made a poor administrative decision. Maybe BB should be fired for making a poor hiring decision.
    If every coach in the NFL got fired for poor signing decisions you wouldn't be able to keep coaches employed in the NFL.  BB has made some bad signing decisions, but he's also made some brilliant ones (Welker anyone?).  At the time, it made sense, but what you cannot predict is how a player will respond with a new team.  Maybe AT's shortcoming's were masked by Baltimore's excellent defense.  

Either way, BB pays for his own bad decisions.  Is it enough to fire him?  I'm a long way from even beginning to think BB should no longer be the Patriots head coach.  While BB is not beyond reproach, he's still one of the very best coaches in the NFL.  

If you're asking me to choose between an overpaid underachieving LB and a future HoF head coach with 3 rings, that's a no brainer.  BB wins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Adalius.  If you're paid millions of dollars per year, or even a league minimum $400,000 or so, you shouldn't need additional motivation.  BB's treating him like a child, and I'd take offense too... 

I think the more money you make, especially guaranteed money, perhaps the more motivation you need.

As for motivation being for kindergartners...  I guess our military had got it all wrong.  Yes, you still have to motivate and discipline soldiers even though their life and the lives of others may be on the line.  Of course, I've been out a while, maybe they can call out their commanders now... Don't think so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The irony, of course, to Thomas's kindergarten remark is that he makes reference to the Jetsons within the discourse, and in improper form (i.e. like a kindergartner).  How perfect!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/14/warren-says-adalius-thomas-leaked-lategate-news/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/14/warren-says-adalius-thomas-leaked-lategate-news/

I knew it...He's a snitch!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Mosse, Ty must have said this knowing Adios Thomas is done in N.E. otherwise this will or would have spilt the locker room.....not there are to many on Adios's side.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Mosse, Ty must have said this knowing Adios Thomas is done in N.E. otherwise this will or would have spilt the locker room.....not there are to many on Adios's side.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE] i agree if he is a cancer on the team he needs to go.even in this article it is saying some of the players are alienateing themselves from thomas.more the reason to let him go before it really disrupts the locker room.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/14/warren-says-adalius-thomas-leaked-lategate-news/

While listening to the interview Ty sounded like he was laughing and saying it in jest and followed the comment up by saying something to the effect of I thought that's what you all were saying. That's what I read or heard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

If he doesn't want to be treated like one why was he acting like one? Its not like it's his first year here in NE. It's not like he doesn't know how long it might possibly take to get to work when it snows and everyone drives like it's the first time they ever saw snow.

The NFL is not a normal 9 to 5 job. You have a 16 game regular season and each game is critical to what your chances are at making the post season and how you might do in the post season based on your seed.

If he's a professional and doesn't need motivation then why was he late? If he's a professional and a man then why is he looking to deflect blame elsewhere instead of manning up, sucking it up and shutting up when he knew it was his own fault for not planning accordingly?

This would be akin to having a morning meeting in a professional corporate job and the meeting being about some real serious issue, a major project maybe, not your everyday show up to work and its business as usual. There are no business as usual days of preparation in the NFL schedule, certainly not after 2 consecutive losses. The season is so short. It's not hockey, baseball or basketball with long seasons of many games where a single or couple losses aren't so dramatic.

Even if you want to defend his tardiness due to circumstances, his attitude, excuses and ramblings are indefensible if he is a true professional.