Mount Rushmore of Boston Sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Mount Rushmore of Boston Sports

Orr

Ortiz

Brady

Russell

Ortiz, could be up their with brady. With the 3 rings. His team NEVER lost in the WS. He is the greatest clutch hitter ever. Brady his file is there as well. Russell 8 championships in a row. 

Orr is still at top he was the best DMan ever. I was only little but I believe the people who saw him play. Never saw russell plus not a real big basketball fan, 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Orr

Ortiz

Brady

Russell

Ortiz, could be up their with brady. With the 3 rings. His team NEVER lost in the WS. He is the greatest clutch hitter ever. Brady his file is there as well. Russell 8 championships in a row. 

Orr is still at top he was the best DMan ever. I was only little but I believe the people who saw him play. Never saw russell plus not a real big basketball fan, 

Agreed. Ortiz is one of the best clutch players in MLB history.   Brady clutch? Not so much anymore after going LA.

Orr and Russell are untouchable, Williams too, considering he was arguably the best hitter who ever lived playing for a terrible franchise.

What Williams did, with no support, career interrupted by two wars, is amazing.

[/QUOTE] Williams had astonishing numbers but he never made his team better nor did he ever carry them to a WS title. Ortiz's #s are not as great but 3 WS titles and terrific clutch hitting more than makes up for it. As for no support Williams had Pesky, Doerr, Vern Stephens and Dom Dimaggio---all terrific ballplayers at the time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Its too difficult to do. We've had more great sports figures than presidents. haha We need 8 slots minimum

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

probably should have a Rushmore for each.  That being player, coach and owner.  The player picks are spot on.