MUST WIN against jets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

MUST WIN against jets?

Just like last year pats faced jets in must win situation having lost 2 in a row to Steelers and giants ... That game was at the meadowlands and was the decisive , defining victory of their season moving them to 6-3. That win also avoided the 2 consecutive losses to NY which would have sucked beyond belief .

This year pats are seeking just to get above .500 but also to define themselves and their season.

After the three tough losses... Each more brutal than the last,  this team MUST HAVE THIS GAME.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: MUST WIN against jets?

Well . . .  technically it's a little early for a "must" win, even in a division game, but the sad reality is that if New England can't beat Green New Jersey then it doesn't really deserve to win a division that could very well be won with a .500 record.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

If the Pats can't figure out how to finish games it's not going to matter who we beat in the regular season.  I can't believe they can look so good in the first half of the game and so bad in the second half...Someone in the locker room needs to start preaching 60 minutes again...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Probably not a "must" but definitely a game they need.  A win this week sets them up real nice for the rest of the way.

The next 6 games are against NYJ(x2), STL, BUF, INDY, and Miami.  That is pretty light.  Pending a disaster that should be 5-1 at worst.  So once they are 8-4 or 9-3, I'm guessing people will barely remember when there was 4 way tie for first place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well . . .  technically it's a little early for a "must" win, even in a division game, but the sad reality is that if New England can't beat Green New Jersey then it doesn't really deserve to win a division that could very well be won with a .500 record.

[/QUOTE]

that's a bit pessimistic but I agree beating the jets is kind of a base measuring stick...

like... Losing this game would drop NE into unthinkable position that would test the psyche of this team.  They need their gut check this week putting the big hammer down on ny while distancing themselves from the 3 bad beats...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow you guys really do have a patty cake schedule after the Jets game. maybe the pats will be more focussed this week then last. If they play the way they did against the Seahawks the Jets should a field day against them.

With that easy schedule after the Jets the pats may be looking past the Jets. Who can really tell the mentality of any team ,but after reading BB's gibberish quotes after commenting on the beatdown in Seattle one can only surmise that not even the self proclaimed genuis knows what is going on with the pats right now.

Go get em Rexy!They are ripe for the pickin'!!

y'all gnaw on that awhile and I'll be sure to check in later. Until then- Y'all have a nice day now...ya'hear

[/QUOTE]

Hilarious.  What you fail to realize is that the "patty cake schedule" STARTS with the Jets game.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They will rout the hapless Jets, we know that. What we don't know is how will they perform the following week.? This game won't be a good gage as to how much they've corrected their earlier mistakes. The Jets are such a bad team that they make anyone look good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Every game is a must win as far as I'm concerned. I hate when people say it's early for a must win. Though true all games count the same in the end so if we won the earlier games then this would no longer be a must win. So imo every game is a must win but the more must wins that you lose the more weight those must wins have

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I had a bad feeling going into the Seattle game for some reason.  I have a good feeling going into this game.  I cannot see this team delivering clunkers in back-to-back weeks.  They will be up for this game, but it will be closer than some think.  I think they will get up early and force the Jets to pass.  Not sure if this is a good thing or not. 31-24 Pats. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from faninCT. Show faninCT's posts

Go Pats !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I had a bad feeling going into the Seattle game for some reason.  I have a good feeling going into this game.  I cannot see this team delivering clunkers in back-to-back weeks.  They will be up for this game, but it will be closer than some think.  I think they will get up early and force the Jets to pass.  Not sure if this is a good thing or not. 31-24 Pats. 

[/QUOTE]

As I live in SF bay area I am a local fan too but still a Pats fan first with my first 21 years in Maine.

Needed Pats to win for themselves last Sunday by knocking off Seahawks  but to help SF too as they are in 49ers division. 49ers need do it this Thursday after the pathetic showing against the NY Giants who seem to have the 49ers number with victory in last year Div playoff & last Sunday's thrashing. Then , hate to open wounds, but Giants beating Pats in their last 2 SB encounters and the 1st ruining a 16-0 season. As A Sox fan and Yankee hater I have turned into a NY Giant hater too.

Prior to last Sunday's games I said that I thought  49ers & Pats would be a great Super Bowl. Brady much better than Smith but 49ers running game a bit better so I would say it's about even with slight advantage to Pats. But I would give defense advantage to 49ers. Anyway, as a fan I couldn't lose as I'd root for Pats first but wouldn't be devastated in Niners won !!! But now, I'm not sure either will be in the Super Bowl as Giants looked very tough & Green Bay & Rodgers tosses 6 TDs. For Pats, Houston will be there and with Peyton Manning's comeback on Monday night from down 24-0, they'll be tough too.