My 2014 FA Shortlist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***My 2014 FA Shortlist***

Below are (12) players that I feel are somewhat realistic and would fit in well in Foxboro (includes a few current NE players):

S- TJ Ward (CLE)
    DL- Arthur Jones (BAL)
    DL- Tony McDaniel (SEA)
    CB- Aquib Talib (NE)
    OG- Jon Asamoah (KC)
    TE- Scott Chandler (BUF)
    TE- Bear Pascoe (NYG
    WR- Julian Edelman (NE)
    WR- Emmanuel Sanders (PIT)
    WR- Golden Tate (SEA)
    RB- LeGarrette Blount (NE)
    RB- Toby Gerhart (MIN)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: My 2014 FA Shortlist

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Below are (12) players that I feel are somewhat realistic and would fit in well in Foxboro (includes a few current NE players):

S- TJ Ward (CLE)
    DL- Arthur Jones (BAL)
    DL- Tony McDaniel (SEA)
    CB- Aquib Talib (NE)
    OG- Jon Asamoah (KC)
    TE- Scott Chandler (BUF)
    TE- Bear Pascoe (NYG
    WR- Julian Edelman (NE)
    WR- Golden Tate (SEA)
    RB- Toby Gerhart (MIN)

[/QUOTE]

You do not feel Mack (C Clev) is a possibility? Being a C he might not command as much special interest in teams that often overpay for names....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

S- TJ Ward (CLE)
    DL- Arthur Jones (BAL)
    DL- Tony McDaniel (SEA)
    CB- Aquib Talib (NE)
    OG- Jon Asamoah (KC)
    TE- Scott Chandler (BUF)
    TE- Bear Pascoe (NYG
    WR- Julian Edelman (NE)
    WR- Golden Tate (SEA)
    RB- Toby Gerhart (MIN)

[/QUOTE]

You do not feel Mack (C Clev) is a possibility? Being a C he might not command as much special interest in teams that often overpay for names....

[/QUOTE]

Will they be interested?  I think so... very good player... will they want to set the market at the C position?  I don't think they will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

S- TJ Ward (CLE) Having a great year. Will cost. Pats won't buy. Might get tagged.
    DL- Arthur Jones (BAL) Overweight and conditioning is an issue. Don't really need him.
    DL- Tony McDaniel (SEA) See Arthur Jones. Rather have Chris Jones, Siliga, and Vellano.
    CB- Aquib Talib (NE) Little or no guaranteed money. Hip is an issue.
    OG- Jon Asamoah (KC) No need to spend big money on a Guard or Center. There's still debate over the worthiness of Mankins' contract. People forget Donald Thomas played well for the Pats in 2012, before getting snagged by Indy in UFA. Torn ACL ended his 2013 season.
    TE- Scott Chandler (BUF) Mediocre receiver who can't block.
    TE- Bear Pascoe (NYG) Mediocre blocker who contributes little in the passing game.
    WR- Julian Edelman (NE) Good punt returner adds to his value. Will the Pats get into a bidding war in the open market on a player with the same durability issues as Amendola? They didn't extend him during the season. Not a good sign.
    WR- Emmanuel Sanders (PIT) Mediocre performer. Better to stick with the younger players.
    WR- Golden Tate (SEA) I would like to see the Pats get him too. There will be a bidding war for him, so, no.
    RB- LeGarrette Blount (NE) Tag! You're it!!! Seriously, does anyone want him going to the Jets? Force him to take performance incentive contract. Remember Corey Dillon.
    RB- Toby Gerhart (MIN) Interesting. Shouldn't cost much. Durability an issue. Worth it, IMO. Most likely Patriot among this list.

Just to add...

DE- Robert Ayers (DEN) Underrated pass rusher who's good against the run. Could move Chandler Jones inside and provide more depth in the D-line. Could get tagged over Decker. Is 28. Worth it if the Pats are serious about competing in 2014.

T- Ebon Britton (CHI) Former 2nd round pick who fell out of favor when Jerry Angelo got fired. Durability is an issue, but finished 2013 strong. A sleeper who can play RT and both G spots. Only 26.

T- J'Marcus Webb (MIN) Was a victim of the OL purge in Chicago after Angelo was canned. Former 7th rounder was forced to start at LT for the Bears when Chris Williams turned out to be a 1st round bust. Struggled for years but has improved enough to be a solid backup at both tackle spots. Only 26. Could be had for reasonable money.

LB- Russell Allen (JAX) Isn't a FA, but could be cut in a cap move ($2mil savings). Underrated player on a bad team. Undrafted in 2009. Can defend the run and cover. Still young (28 in May). With Spikes gone and Mayo recovering, the Pats need LB depth.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All three of our own FA's should receive the most attention from our GM/HC. Next up and though some of you might think this is crazy I'd sign Richie Incognito, he's argaubly one of the top O-linemen available, plus I'd take a run at Scott Chandler he's a move TE, and could conceivably replace the lost production from Hernandez.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

Always liked T. Gerhart (hope it happens) - why not V. Jackson with Bucs?  Shouldn't he be available??  

S- TJ Ward (CLE)
    DL- Arthur Jones (BAL)
    DL- Tony McDaniel (SEA)
    CB- Aquib Talib (NE)
    OG- Jon Asamoah (KC)
    TE- Scott Chandler (BUF)
    TE- Bear Pascoe (NYG
    WR- Julian Edelman (NE)
    WR- Golden Tate (SEA)
    RB- Toby Gerhart (MIN)

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Mack has been my #1 clear cut biggest need FA request all season

GET HIM!

Keep Talib, Edelman and Blount in that order and we are all set as far as I am concerned, the injured and the draft can solve the other issues, with maybe a cheap veteran here or there.

Scott Chandler if we have extra $ would be nice

Boldin is they guy I want (or trade for Andre Johnson and restructure his deal) if we can't keep Edelman. Team needs a big threat, size, downfield or both.