My final Mock's. 1 without trades, 1 with trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

My final Mock's. 1 without trades, 1 with trades

Well I've been holding out for my final mock until to day and with the Holt signing I'm glad I did. So here goes

No trades:

#22 - Brandon Graham OLB
    #44 - LaMarr Houston DE
    #47 - Jared Veldheer OT
    #53 - Jimmy Graham TE
    #119 - Matt Tennant C

With trades:

*Trade #22 to Philly for #37 and #70

#37 - Jerry Hughes OLB
    #44 - Damian Williams WR
    #47 - Alex Carrington DE
    #53 - Jared Veldheer OT
    #70 - Jimmy Graham TE
    #119 - Joe McKnight RB

No real insight in rounds 6-7 but I'd like to pick up in no order Joe Webb QB/WR/RB, Scott Sicko TE, Zoltan Mesko P, Rafael Priest CB, Joique Bell RB, Kevin Matthews C/G

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: My final Mock's. 1 without trades, 1 with trades

I know how you feel Macaroni. It's like being a kid on Christmas Eve. I've got butterflies thinking about what could happen. Of course if they trade out of the 1st tonight it's gonna be a long night, esp since I won't be able to sleep thinking about tomorrow night lol 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to My final Mock's. 1 without trades, 1 with trades:
    Well I've been holding out for my final mock until to day and with the Holt signing I'm glad I did. So here goes No trades: #22 - Brandon Graham OLB #44 - LaMarr Houston DE #47 - Jared Veldheer OT #53 - Jimmy Graham TE #119 - Matt Tennant C With trades: *Trade #22 to Philly for #37 and #70 #37 - Jerry Hughes OLB #44 - Damian Williams WR #47 - Alex Carrington DE #53 - Jared Veldheer OT #70 - Jimmy Graham TE #119 - Joe McKnight RB No real insight in rounds 6-7 but I'd like to pick up in no order Joe Webb QB/WR/RB, Scott Sicko TE, Zoltan Mesko P, Rafael Priest CB, Joique Bell RB, Kevin Matthews C/G
    Posted by PatsEng

Either way, #53 is a reach for Veldheer. He's projected late 2nd to 3rd round. I agree an OT would be a good move, but I'd see who else is on the board at that point. Of course, BB may be in love with the guy. I've heard a lot of talk about him. What a couple of bookends him and Volmer would make at tackle!

I hope they find a way to bring in McKnight but he's also projected as a second rounder and I beieve there are other needs more important than RB this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

unclealfie - how can Veldheer be a reach with our last 2nd pick if we have no 3rd and he's projected to go late 2nd anyways? Now taking him with #44 would be a reach, but either way I would love him and Vollmer bookending the line for years to come 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: My final Mock's. 1 without trades, 1 with trades:
    unclealfie - how can Veldheer be a reach with our last 2nd pick if we have no 3rd and he's projected to go late 2nd anyways? Now taking him with #44 would be a reach, but either way I would love him and Vollmer bookending the line for years to come 
    Posted by PatsEng

Well, his projection was "late second to third". I take that as meaning  picks 60 thru 96. Yes, if he were to go at 60 it wouldn't be much of a reach but it would be if he were to go closer to 96.  

Its irrelevant that we have no third; I'm looking at his value within the draft, based on those projections. Veldheer is rated 9th best OT in the draft.

What I'm saying is that what if a guy like Charles Brown from USC, rated 5th best OT, is available at #53? Do you still take Veldheer? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: My final Mock's. 1 without trades, 1 with trades:
    In Response to Re: My final Mock's. 1 without trades, 1 with trades : Well, his projection was "late second to third". I take that as meaning  picks 60 thru 96. Yes, if he were to go at 60 it wouldn't be much of a reach but it would be if he were to go closer to 96.   Its irrelevant that we have no third; I'm looking at his value within the draft, based on those projections. Veldheer is rated 9th best OT in the draft. What I'm saying is that what if a guy like Charles Brown from USC, rated 5th best OT, is available at #53? Do you still take Veldheer? 
    Posted by unclealfie

I do. I see more in Veldheer then I do Brown. One reason he is ranked so low is that he played at a smaller school but I see a lot of Vollmer in him when looking at his film. He's very fast on the move and uses his hands very effectively. The one thing I really liked was that he kept low and didn't stand up which most college players do. He knows how to use his size and leverage to his advantage and has the agility to move if someone tries to beat him on the outside. Don't forget where was Vollmer ranked last year before Bill grabbed him. I see the same in Veldheer and appearently a lot of scouts see the same since in years past he'd have a hard time breaking into the 4th round.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

I don't see a drop from 22 to 37. 15 slots on one trade? Don't think so. It's more likely BB will make multiple tradedowns for ex. Some team wants Dez and he's there at 22. We pick up a 3rd or next years 1st and move back to 24-25. Then 24-25 gets traded for another 3rd or a 1st for next year and we slide down to 30 etc. etc.
    Too much ammo to only make one tradedown when BB could make multiple tradedowns and pick up even more picks/value.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

#22 Dez Bryant,WR
    #44 Carlos Dunlap, OLB / DE
    #47 Patrick Robinson, CB
    #53 Dennis Piitta, TE
    #119 LeGarrette Blount,RB