My Greatest Concerns for the 2013 Pats...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

My Greatest Concerns for the 2013 Pats...

ALways number one is injuries because - as happened when Gronk and Mankins played too hurt to be effective in the SB 2 years ago - it can end your chances..... The healthier tema in the playoffs has a noticeable advantage.

Beyond that however I am concerned with:

1. Pass rush

2. O line against the most dominanting defenses - this is a tall order for any O line.. to play well against a dominating D... but that is what it will take to win a SB.

3. Quality in secondary (though a good part of this speaks to depth as I think McCOurty is a good S and Talib and Dennard good CBs)

4. WRs and TB being enough in synch to be good and not just riding TBs arm... I have no real worries (beyond health) about Amendola. ANd while I have hopes for a few WRs.. even high hopes... it needs to be realized on the field not on a fantasy football sheet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: My Greatest Concerns for the 2013 Pats...

I'd put concerns for the front 7 on D on my list.  We haven't seen Armstead play yet, Collins is an unknown, they've lost depth at DT, C. Jones is coming off an injury, can Kelly play at a high enough level ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: My Greatest Concerns for the 2013 Pats...

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I'd put concerns for the front 7 on D on my list.  We haven't seen Armstead play yet, Collins is an unknown, they've lost depth at DT, C. Jones is coming off an injury, can Kelly play at a high enough level ...

I agree. I lean that way with the comment about pass rush but it also does have import in  the  run D too. I just think that the greatest deficiency and need is in the pass rush in terms of the play of the front seven. ANd I am not talking about sacks as much as being able to regularly put pressure on passing downs. I expect we are either in agreement or very close to it.