***My Latest Mock Draft 4-7-13***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: ***My Latest Mock Draft 4-7-13***

Has anyone taken Gronks injury woes into consideration as a possible need at TE? I only ask because from everything I've read mock wise has the top two TE's going after #29,with that being said does BB protect his backside and draft one of them? Eifert or Ertz who would you want? Or would you rather gamble on a guy from the undrafted like Fauria or Williams? Just a question for everyone to think about. There is always the possiblity they sign another FA to compete with the rest of the cast of TE's already under contract. Kevin Boss is availible as is Jeremy Shockey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Has anyone taken Gronks injury woes into consideration as a possible need at TE? I only because from everything I've read mock wise has the top two TE's going after #29,with that being said does BB protect his backside and draft one of them? Eifert or Ertz who would you want? Or would you rather gamble on a guy from the undrafted like Fauria or Williams? Just a question for everyone to think about. There is always the possiblity they sign another FA to compete with the rest of the cast of TE's already under contract. Kevin Boss is availible as is Jeremy Shockey.

I'm livid about how the Patriots handled Gronk's injury. They may have ruined this kid. Rest assured that there will be no SB trip in2013 without a healthy Gronk. Bob Kraft needs to stop chumming it up with Roger Goodell, and take a long hard look at what happened with Gronk. Heads should roll on this one...with the Pats' medical and training staff being completely revamped.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Has anyone taken Gronks injury woes into consideration as a possible need at TE? I only because from everything I've read mock wise has the top two TE's going after #29,with that being said does BB protect his backside and draft one of them? Eifert or Ertz who would you want? Or would you rather gamble on a guy from the undrafted like Fauria or Williams? Just a question for everyone to think about. There is always the possiblity they sign another FA to compete with the rest of the cast of TE's already under contract. Kevin Boss is availible as is Jeremy Shockey.

There are a few of us on MB's other draft post that have discussed possibly taking a TE early given Gronk's set back and the heavy focus on te's in our offense. If I knew Gronk would be ready day 1 and would play the entire season, then TE is not even in my thought process. However, there are tons of ???'s now.

the only 2 kids that are worthy of an early pick are ertz and eifert. And, I think both could contribute early. so, depends if we are drafting for depth or expect production day 1. Again, tied to gronk's prognosis.

the big ??? For me is what can we get from Ballard. Coming off acl injury, and even before it, he showed promise but didn't light the world up. Hern is more of a receiving threat from multiple spots than a traditional,inline TE. Hooman, fells, n better blockers than receivErs. So if your comfortable going into the season with this, then wait til later and draft a developmental kid, replace fells with him to save money. 

The offense is dangerous with 2 receiving/blocking te's on the field at the same time and Brady at thE helm. With all the talk about WR in round 1, I might consider a kid like eifert, or ertz in round 2. If Gronk is ready to go, you could still use Gronk and Ballard as your inline te's, with Hern in the backfield and an eifert as your flanker, amendola as your wide out. There are schemes where you could literally have 3, 6'6"+ guys on the field at the same time Either catching or blocking. It's worth consideration anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Below is my latest Mock... I'm projecting what I, as well as a lot of fans would like to see... an upgrade to the DL and double dipping to add perimeter talent at both WR and CB.  Kayvon Webster is a new name that I found while researching potential Day 3 CB's... certainly looks like a BB type CB due to his physicality, speed and triangle #'s:

Let me know what you think:

Rd 1- DT Jesse Williams (6-3 320)- Alabama:   I haven't moved off of this pick in a long, long time... I just think his size, power, versatility, pedigree and upside makes too much sense if he's available.  Alternatives: DE/OLB- Tank Carradine - DT- Sylvester Williams UNC - WR- DeAndre Hopkins - WR- Keenan Allen - DT- John Hankins   - DL- Datone Jones

RESPONSE: Please explain WHY?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Pats' greatest needs were for a pass-rusher, help in the secondary, deep-threat WR, interior DL help to back up Vince Wilfolk, and OL depth. I haven't read where BB plans to go back to a 3-4 base defense? Why select a two-down, run-stuffing NT? Especially a one dimensional one, with short-arms, and no track record for collapsing the pocket on passing downs? NT is the deepest position talent-wise in this draft. A good one like Williams likely could be had late in the second round. I see the Pats trading down. 

Rd 2- WR Stedman Bailey (5-10 193)- WVU:  As underrated a kid as there is in this class, IMO.  He looks like a complete WR to me:  Very good route runner, seperates consistently, excellent hands and ball skills, good quicks/RAC ability, competitive, can play on the outside, productive, good effort as a blocker, playmaker.  Alternatives:  CB- DJ Hayden  - CB/S- Johnthan Banks  - WR- Quinton Patton  - CB- Logan Ryan  -   CB Darius Slay - WR-Markus Wheaton  

Rd 3- CB/PR Tyrann Mathieu (5-9 186)- LSU:  Extremely competitive and aggressive kid that brings  versatility, physicality and a lot of playmaking potential to the table, both as a defender and return man.    Alternatives:  - WR- Da’Rick Rogers - S-Shamarko Thomas - S- Josh Evans  - CB- Dwayne Gratz - WR- Ryan Swope  - DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

RESPONSE: If the Pats decide not to sign Steeler WR Manuel Sanders, and keep their 3rd round pick (91st overall), I can live with this selection. Though Mathieu is an airhead, BB and his boys may be able to keep this kid in line. If so, the Pats will have one heck of a punt returner...and a nickel CB, with a nose for the ball. But, why would the Pats want a nickel CB, after investing so much money to resign Kyle Arrington?   

Rd 7- CB- Kayvon Webster (5-10 192)- South Florida:  Looks like the prototype BB CB prospect… physical, fast, very good triangle #’s and is a very good open field tackler.  Alternative:  CB/S- Micah Hyde - DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore - DL- Quinton Dial - S- Orhian Johnson

RESPONSE: An acceptable 7th round project. 

Rd 7-WR TJ Moe (5-11 204)- Mizzou:   A very good quicks/COD type kid that projects to the slot in the NFL.   Alternatives:  RB- Spencer Ware - TE- Michael Williams - WR- Mark Harrison - OL- Tanner Hawkinson

RESPONSE: Another Ebert type. Why roll dice on a slot receiver?

Sorry...don't take this personally, but these are not good picks for the Patriots. None of these selections can possibly improve their pass rush. Williams in round one is an awful pick, even if BB decides to re-commit to a 3-4 defense. The guy likely could be had late in the second round...or even in round three. The 3-4 is not the best scheme to fit the talents of BB's best young defender, DE Chandler Jones. Stedman Bailey doesn't have the elite speed or size to justify taking him over a defender in round 2. The Honey Badger is an intriguing project. He'd be worth the risk, if he can be had with the 91st overall pick.  

That said, I like your alternative selections far better. Datone Jones in round one makes far more sense than Jesse Williams. Jones is a much more scheme versatile player, who can rush the passer. Love CB D.J. Hayden in round 2...and the Honey Badger in round 3, as discussed above. I'd be pleased if the Pats could pull off that trifecta.    

I don't think DE/edge rusher is a must have... could they use some help?  Sure... I'd love Tank Carradine in Rd 1 for that reason... versatile kid with solid vs. the run and has upside as an edge rusher.  Williams has the size and power to push the pocket from the interior which is prob the best you can expect from an interior DL in a BB scheme which focuses more gap control and occupying blockers... he's also one of the strongest players in this class at the POA with a proven ability to eat up doubles... as good as VW (who isn't getting any younger) is, his career high in sacks is 3.5.

RESPONSE: You don't think improving the pass-rush is a must have"? So...I guess that you have enjoyed watching Joe Flacco and Eli Manning have all day to throw, every time they dropped back to pass, in big games against the Pats? Sorry...but Williams is a short-armed, one dimensional guy, who is worthless as a pass rusher. He'll be a two down player at best in the NFL. You're not really going to try to equate Vince with Williams, are you?? Vince can collapse the pocket on passing downs. Williams merely clogs the middle on running plays.    

Wasn't aware that elite speed was a necessity for a good NFL WR... the kid's overall game is what makes him so good and there's a chance that he may not even be available at the end of Rd 2.

RESPONSE: Really?? You pose as a knowledgable draft evaluator, yet you claim that you weren't aware that elite speed is a necessity for a deep threat WR?? FLASH...the Pats need a deep threat...not another slot guy, or possession guy. They could have had Mike Wallace in 2009...and Torrey Smith in 2011. Never mind...don't get me started. 

Put in the tape... kid is an awesome route runner... really knows how to tempo his routes, set his man up... he's constently able to seperate on the outside, can make plays underneath and down the field, plucks the ball with his hands and has excellent ball skills, particularly over his head... reminds me some of a young Deion Branch or maybe Steve Smith (CAR)... have also seen him compared to Greg Jennings.  He also strikes me as a kid that could come in and pick up the offense quickly, get on the same page as TB, something that some previously drafted WR's were lacking.

RESPONSE: So now you're telling me that Stedman Bailey compares to Greg Jennings and Steve Smith?? And you know this because you claim to have watched tape of him performing?? Yeah...okay.

I'm confident that both of these kids could come in and impact/improve their respective positional groups early.

RESPONSE: So...the bottom line is that you feel that a NT with zero ability to rush the passer, should be the Pats' #1 pick...and that a WR under 6'0", who lacks elite speed, is the Pats' answer as a deep threat WR. Got it. 

Agree that trading down is always an option with BB.

RESPONSE: Of course trading down is always an option!! The question is...considering the team needs, and who will likely be available to the Pats at pick #29...should BB do it?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm livid about how the Patriots handled Gronk's injury. They may have ruined this kid. Rest assured that there will be no SB trip in2013 without a healthy Gronk. Bob Kraft needs to stop chumming it up with Roger Goodell, and take a long hard look at what happened with Gronk. Heads should roll on this one...with the Pats' medical and training staff being completely revamped.

And how would you like them to have handled it? It the bone is healed then it doesn't matter if he played on it or not, esp considering it broke if in a different location. If you are referring to the infection how were they suppose to prevent it? It's not their fault Gronk is picking people up at bars and drinking while on anti-biotics, that's his own dumb fault. In both cases the Pats medical staff had nothing to do with the second break nor the first nor the infection

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

This is why we have Jake Ballard still on this team. No way they look at TE in the draft. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

TP, I'm curious; what specific aspect of how the Pats handled Gronk's injury are you referring to?  The choice of surgeon, perhaps.  His follow up treatment.  His rehab.  That he got the injury in the first place.  That he returned to play.  That the second break occurred in a different location than the original break.  That he got an infection.  What exactly?  And please, don't say all of it.  Please be specific.

I ask because I really don't have any real details on how the Pats handled any of it but apparently you do.  So please, educate me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below is my latest Mock... I'm projecting what I, as well as a lot of fans would like to see... an upgrade to the DL and double dipping to add perimeter talent at both WR and CB.  Kayvon Webster is a new name that I found while researching potential Day 3 CB's... certainly looks like a BB type CB due to his physicality, speed and triangle #'s:

Rd 1- DT Jesse Williams (6-3 320)- Alabama:   I haven't moved off of this pick in a long, long time... I just think his size, power, versatility, pedigree and upside makes too much sense if he's available.  Alternatives: DE/OLB- Tank Carradine - DT- Sylvester Williams UNC - WR- DeAndre Hopkins - WR- Keenan Allen - DT- John Hankins   - DL- Datone Jones

RESPONSE: Please explain WHY?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Pats' greatest needs were for a pass-rusher, help in the secondary, deep-threat WR, interior DL help to back up Vince Wilfolk, and OL depth. I haven't read where BB plans to go back to a 3-4 base defense? Why select a two-down, run-stuffing NT? Especially a one dimensional one, with short-arms, and no track record for collapsing the pocket on passing downs? NT is the deepest position talent-wise in this draft. A good one like Williams likely could be had late in the second round. I see the Pats trading down. 

Rd 2- WR Stedman Bailey (5-10 193)- WVU:  As underrated a kid as there is in this class, IMO.  He looks like a complete WR to me:  Very good route runner, seperates consistently, excellent hands and ball skills, good quicks/RAC ability, competitive, can play on the outside, productive, good effort as a blocker, playmaker.  Alternatives:  CB- DJ Hayden  - CB/S- Johnthan Banks  - WR- Quinton Patton  - CB- Logan Ryan  -   CB Darius Slay - WR-Markus Wheaton  

Rd 3- CB/PR Tyrann Mathieu (5-9 186)- LSU:  Extremely competitive and aggressive kid that brings  versatility, physicality and a lot of playmaking potential to the table, both as a defender and return man.    Alternatives:  - WR- Da’Rick Rogers - S-Shamarko Thomas - S- Josh Evans  - CB- Dwayne Gratz - WR- Ryan Swope  - DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

RESPONSE: If the Pats decide not to sign Steeler WR Manuel Sanders, and keep their 3rd round pick (91st overall), I can live with this selection. Though Mathieu is an airhead, BB and his boys may be able to keep this kid in line. If so, the Pats will have one heck of a punt returner...and a nickel CB, with a nose for the ball. But, why would the Pats want a nickel CB, after investing so much money to resign Kyle Arrington?   

Rd 7- CB- Kayvon Webster (5-10 192)- South Florida:  Looks like the prototype BB CB prospect… physical, fast, very good triangle #’s and is a very good open field tackler.  Alternative:  CB/S- Micah Hyde - DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore - DL- Quinton Dial - S- Orhian Johnson

Rd 7-WR TJ Moe (5-11 204)- Mizzou:   A very good quicks/COD type kid that projects to the slot in the NFL.   Alternatives:  RB- Spencer Ware - TE- Michael Williams - WR- Mark Harrison - OL- Tanner Hawkinson

Sorry...don't take this personally, but these are not good picks for the Patriots. None of these selections can possibly improve their pass rush. Williams in round one is an awful pick, even if BB decides to re-commit to a 3-4 defense. The guy likely could be had late in the second round...or even in round three. The 3-4 is not the best scheme to fit the talents of BB's best young defender, DE Chandler Jones. Stedman Bailey doesn't have the elite speed or size to justify taking him over a defender in round 2. The Honey Badger is an intriguing project. He'd be worth the risk, if he can be had with the 91st overall pick.  

That said, I like your alternative selections far better. Datone Jones in round one makes far more sense than Jesse Williams. Jones is a much more scheme versatile player, who can rush the passer. Love CB D.J. Hayden in round 2...and the Honey Badger in round 3, as discussed above. I'd be pleased if the Pats could pull off that trifecta.    

I don't think DE/edge rusher is a must have... could they use some help?  Sure... I'd love Tank Carradine in Rd 1 for that reason... versatile kid with solid vs. the run and has upside as an edge rusher.  Williams has the size and power to push the pocket from the interior which is prob the best you can expect from an interior DL in a BB scheme which focuses more gap control and occupying blockers... he's also one of the strongest players in this class at the POA with a proven ability to eat up doubles... as good as VW (who isn't getting any younger) is, his career high in sacks is 3.5.

RESPONSE: You don't think improving the pass-rush is a must have"? So...I guess that you have enjoyed watching Joe Flacco and Eli Manning have all day to throw, every time they dropped back to pass, in big games against the Pats? Sorry...but Williams is a short-armed, one dimensional guy, who is worthless as a pass rusher. He'll be a two down player at best in the NFL. You're not really going to try to equate Vince with Williams, are you?? Vince can collapse the pocket on passing downs. Williams merely clogs the middle on running plays.    

Jesse Williams is a good football player that's proven in the SEC with size/strength and upside to improve his game as he develops (only started playing football at 15).  You don't like him as a player, I get it and believe it or not, I'm OK with that.

Wasn't aware that elite speed was a necessity for a good NFL WR... the kid's overall game is what makes him so good and there's a chance that he may not even be available at the end of Rd 2.

RESPONSE: Really?? You pose as a knowledgable draft evaluator, yet you claim that you weren't aware that elite speed is a necessity for a deep threat WR?? FLASH...the Pats need a deep threat...not another slot guy, or possession guy. They could have had Mike Wallace in 2009...and Torrey Smith in 2011. Never mind...don't get me started. 

Hahahaha, you should also do a better job of reading what I write there, tough guy... "Wasn't aware that elite speed was a necessity for a good NFL WR."  NE needs WR's that can seperate and make plays down the field, Bailey is a kid that can do that.

I would've liked Wallace or Smith too, but they didn't draft them, so we move on... heck I wanted Randall Cobb and they took Shane Vereen... I wanted Eric Decker and they ended up with Taylor Price... it happens.

Put in the tape... kid is an awesome route runner... really knows how to tempo his routes, set his man up... he's constently able to seperate on the outside, can make plays underneath and down the field, plucks the ball with his hands and has excellent ball skills, particularly over his head... reminds me some of a young Deion Branch or maybe Steve Smith (CAR)... have also seen him compared to Greg Jennings.  He also strikes me as a kid that could come in and pick up the offense quickly, get on the same page as TB, something that some previously drafted WR's were lacking.

RESPONSE: So now you're telling me that Stedman Bailey compares to Greg Jennings and Steve Smith?? And you know this because you claim to have watched tape of him performing?? Yeah...okay.

I know weird concept... you actually watch a guy play an build an opinion of him.

I'm confident that both of these kids could come in and impact/improve their respective positional groups early.

RESPONSE: So...the bottom line is that you feel that a NT with zero ability to rush the passer, should be the Pats' #1 pick...and that a WR under 6'0", who lacks elite speed, is the Pats' answer as a deep threat WR. Got it. 

Williams projects as having the ability to play inside in a 43 as well as the 5 and NT in a 34 and has upside and strength to develop as a passrusher and yes I think he could/should be the Pats #1 pick.  Yes, I think Bailey and his 4.5 speed, good triangle #'s and very good all around game will help them at WR.  Figured that was pretty clear from my original post. 

RESPONSE: Of course trading down is always an option!! The question is...considering the team needs, and who will likely be available to the Pats at pick #29...should BB do it?  

No idea, you'd have to ask me when they're on the clock or close to it to see who's available.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

May I digress.

I finally took the time to watch Bailey's youtube vs Oklahoma and Syracuse and came away with one conclusion...

Geno Smith is NOT a first round worthy QB. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

May I digress.

I finally took the time to watch Bailey's youtube vs Oklahoma and Syracuse and came away with one conclusion...

Nolan Nawrocki (Senior Editor @ Pro Football Weekly) hammered him pretty hard, similar to his critique of Cam Newton back in 2011:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/04/01/barkley-smith-scouting-reports

"Summary: Started the season red-hot with the help of two playmaking receivers and created a national stir generating a lot of overexcitement in the scouting community. Quickly came down to earth after Kansas State disguised coverages and brought pressure he could not handle and he finished dropping six of his final eight games. A cross between Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks, Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room. Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

And how would you like them to have handled it? It the bone is healed then it doesn't matter if he played on it or not, esp considering it broke if in a different location. If you are referring to the infection how were they suppose to prevent it? It's not their fault Gronk is picking people up at bars and drinking while on anti-biotics, that's his own dumb fault. In both cases the Pats medical staff had nothing to do with the second break nor the first nor the infection

And you know this how?? All I know is that the Patriots seemingly rushed this kid back before he was ready. Even though the story goes that he broke the arm in a different place, a blind man could see that he was laboring. His arm was hanging limp as he ran. Gronk shouldn't have been on the field.    

You're so quick to place the blame on Gronk, and absolve the Pats, doctors, and medical staff from any blame. Why? Yes, infections sometime occur. But, they are rare. I would think that when an injured player, supposedly being treated by a top of the line doctor, at one of the finest hospitals in the world...and it's a spare no expense scenario, that this sort of botchery would not occur. If what happened to Gronk had happened to your wife or kids, would you be so quick to dismiss the liklihood of inefficiency, and incompetence?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Thanks for clearing this up for us, TP.  The following phrases from the above post pretty much sum it up:

seemingly rushed - which means you don't know but this is how it looks to you

story goes he broke his arm in a different place - which means that you have no specific knowledge to the contrary

I would think - ah, I see, again it's what you think, not what you know

this sort of botchery - two surgeries on two separate breaks involving procedures that are known (not thought, known) to be susceptible to infection.  Those of us who have been through these kinds of surgeries actually are informed of the risk of infection - it can happen.

May I suggest that you draw conclusions based on facts instead of assumptions?  Whether or not you choose to get livid is up to you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

And you know this how?? All I know is that the Patriots seemingly rushed this kid back before he was ready. Even though the story goes that he broke the arm in a different place, a blind man could see that he was laboring. His arm was hanging limp as he ran. Gronk shouldn't have been on the field.    

You're so quick to place the blame on Gronk, and absolve the Pats, doctors, and medical staff from any blame. Why? Yes, infections sometime occur. But, they are rare. I would think that when an injured player, supposedly being treated by a top of the line doctor, at one of the finest hospitals in the world...and it's a spare no expense scenario, that this sort of botchery would not occur. If what happened to Gronk had happened to your wife or kids, would you be so quick to dismiss the liklihood of inefficiency, and incompetence?  

It's a broken bone it's either healed or it isn't. Doctors wouldn't clear him to play unless it's healed there is no grey area in a broken bone. As for how he played that's mental. The only way to overcome the mental aspect is to actually play. Every player has commented that the only way to mentally get over an injury is to in fact play with it in a gameday situation.

You apperently know nothing of infections because they occur frequently. That's why everyone is imediately put on antiboitics after a surgery. On the antibiotics it clearly states to take the medication at the same time of day, don't drink alcohol, and no strenuous activity as these increase the risk of infection. Now the infection could have occured regardless if he did or didn't but drinking and lifting people over your head only increases the risk further and that's on Gronk not the doctors. BTW my mother is a critical care nurse so I heard plenty of stories and infections are extremely common with surgery, hence why they give you a long list of items of what to do and what not to do after surgery and have huge treatment plans in place all of which don't involve going clubbing and drinking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Jesse Williams is a good football player that's proven in the SEC with size/strength and upside to improve his game as he develops (only started playing football at 15).  You don't like him as a player, I get it and believe it or not, I'm OK with that.

RESPONSE: No...you don't get it. It's not that I don't like Williams as a player. He's a fine prospect...as a run-stuffing NT. But, the Patriots have far greater needs than to waste a first round pick on such a limited player.

Hahahaha, you should also do a better job of reading what I write there, tough guy... "Wasn't aware that elite speed was a necessity for a good NFL WR."  NE needs WR's that can seperate and make plays down the field, Bailey is a kid that can do that.

I would've liked Wallace or Smith too, but they didn't draft them, so we move on... heck I wanted Randall Cobb and they took Shane Vereen... I wanted Eric Decker and they ended up with Taylor Price... it happens.

RESPONSE: Playing games with words now, are we? The Patriots don't need a WR. They need a deep threat WR...one than can stretch the field. How can you claim to follow this team, and not know that? A deep threat WR is a threat because lof his speed...which forces the opposing secondary to respect that trait...and not cheat up in coverage, or to defense the run. Such a WR forces the opposing secondary to play honest. Is it clear now...tough guy?? 

I know weird concept... you actually watch a guy play an build an opinion of him.

RESPONSE: Not saying that Bailey is a bad prospect. But, he's not the type of WR that can stretch the field. Got it??

Williams projects as having the ability to play inside in a 43 as well as the 5 and NT in a 34 and has upside and strength to develop as a passrusher and yes I think he could/should be the Pats #1 pick.  Yes, I think Bailey and his 4.5 speed, good triangle #'s and very good all around game will help them at WR.  Figured that was pretty clear from my original post.

RESPONSE: Who says that Williams projects as such a player? Every projection that I've read has him as a 3-4 NT. What are your sources? Or...is this just your opinion gleemed from watching a highlight film?? Again...Bailey doesn't have the proto-type size or speed to be a deep threat.  

No idea, you'd have to ask me when they're on the clock or close to it to see who's available.

RESPONSE: Isn't that why you do a mock draft? If you're objective in doing one, you can formulate a pretty good idea as to who would be available to the Pats at #29. The guys you listed as possible Patriots at #29, Datone Jones aside, are second round caliber prospects. BB is big on getting value for his picks. Doesn't that, and the fact that the Pats have only 5 selections, seem to indicate a good possibility of a trade-down?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Tex- If you don't like MB's mock, you don't have to be a jerk about it.  I'm not sure why you have a problem with him, but it seems like you're getting personnal.  As for your take on the Gronk injury, well, truthfully you're being pretty whinny about that too.  All in all, you're making yourself look really petty, again, in this thread.  Have a good day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

You know who was a greet deep threat reciever that could really stretch the field?  Bethel Johnson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

RESPONSE: No...you don't get it. It's not that I don't like Williams as a player. He's a fine prospect...as a run-stuffing NT. But, the Patriots have far greater needs than to waste a first round pick on such a limited player.

RESPONSE: Playing games with words now, are we? The Patriots don't need a WR. They need a deep threat WR...one than can stretch the field. How can you claim to follow this team, and not know that? A deep threat WR is a threat because lof his speed...which forces the opposing secondary to respect that trait...and not cheat up in coverage, or to defense the run. Such a WR forces the opposing secondary to play honest. Is it clear now...tough guy?? 

RESPONSE: Not saying that Bailey is a bad prospect. But, he's not the type of WR that can stretch the field. Got it??

RESPONSE: Who says that Williams projects as such a player? Every projection that I've read has him as a 3-4 NT. What are your sources? Or...is this just your opinion gleemed from watching a highlight film?? Again...Bailey doesn't have the proto-type size or speed to be a deep threat.  

RESPONSE: Isn't that why you do a mock draft? If you're objective in doing one, you can formulate a pretty good idea as to who would be available to the Pats at #29. The guys you listed as possible Patriots at #29, Datone Jones aside, are second round caliber prospects. BB is big on getting value for his picks. Doesn't that, and the fact that the Pats have only 5 selections, seem to indicate a good possibility of a trade-down?  

I think everyone deserves an opinion.  I always like TPs analysis on games; however, I'm a bit confused.  TexasPat, if you don't like the Williams selection, then why did you select J. Jenkins in your mock draft?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to paularnold's comment:

You know who was a greet deep threat reciever that could really stretch the field?  Bethel Johnson.

Haha Tony Simmons comes to mind as well

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Jesse Williams

Williams is what he is and that is a powerful interior presence who can take on blocks and disrupt the run game. He profiles as a 3-4 NT, where he can use his quickness off the snap and power to eat up blocks and allow LB to make plays. Displaying a great motor, Williams hustles to the ball and is a violent tackler. He’s a better athlete than given credit for, but still lacks the agility and change of direction which limits upside.

John Jenkins

John Jenkins will be drafted for his ability to use his massive frame and athletic ability to clog the middle of a defensive front seven. He’s not built like the typical 360 pound player, as he shows pretty good agility and movement skills. In the middle of the defense Jenkins is able to wear down and overwhelm blockers with power/size. While he won’t offer much pass rush upside Jenkins can push the pocket with a bull-rush and beat blockers when one on one. Profiles as a two gap NT in a 3-4 defense. If Jenkins can harness his weight and keep it under control he offers a lot of upside.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to toolfinder's comment:

Who Cares!  Another attention seeking thread.

Dear toolfinder,

Please message me your email address so next time I can reach out to you, get your permission/approval to post a thread topic to this forum... I promise your response won't route automatically to my junkmail folder.

Best Regards,

mbeaulieu07

Lol!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Jesse Williams

Williams is what he is and that is a powerful interior presence who can take on blocks and disrupt the run game. He profiles as a 3-4 NT, where he can use his quickness off the snap and power to eat up blocks and allow LB to make plays. Displaying a great motor, Williams hustles to the ball and is a violent tackler. He’s a better athlete than given credit for, but still lacks the agility and change of direction which limits upside.

John Jenkins

John Jenkins will be drafted for his ability to use his massive frame and athletic ability to clog the middle of a defensive front seven. He’s not built like the typical 360 pound player, as he shows pretty good agility and movement skills. In the middle of the defense Jenkins is able to wear down and overwhelm blockers with power/size. While he won’t offer much pass rush upside Jenkins can push the pocket with a bull-rush and beat blockers when one on one. Profiles as a two gap NT in a 3-4 defense. If Jenkins can harness his weight and keep it under control he offers a lot of upside.

I'd be happy with either. Both these guys have alot to offer

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Jesse Williams

John Jenkins

I'd be happy with either. Both these guys have alot to offer

Cheese, I agree. I think they are same type of player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

You italicizing something isn't gonna change my mind or make me agree with you... solid effort though.

Keep clinging to your "NE has to have a deep threat to be successful", they'll keep producing like an elite offense and contending, regardless.  

This is my opinion of him based on watching game tape and researching him as a player.

The objective of my mock draft is to provide a list of players that I feel would be good fits at NE's idenitified draft spots, based on research.  Whether you feel that they're Rd 2 talents or not is up to you... I disagree.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Gronk went outside the Patriots medical staff for second and third procedures. You can't put this on the Patriots! Also drinking and drinking some more while on liquid Antibiotics is counter productive. I've seen enough youtubes showing him drinking alcohol after his third procedure to know he was at partial fault for the infection.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

May I digress.

Nolan Nawrocki (Senior Editor @ Pro Football Weekly) hammered him pretty hard, similar to his critique of Cam Newton back in 2011:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/04/01/barkley-smith-scouting-reports

"Summary: Started the season red-hot with the help of two playmaking receivers and created a national stir generating a lot of overexcitement in the scouting community. Quickly came down to earth after Kansas State disguised coverages and brought pressure he could not handle and he finished dropping six of his final eight games. A cross between Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks, Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room. Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities."

IMO Newton was by far a better college QB. He led his team to a national championship. He showed better accuracy (I will explain). And it was not like Newton ahd better receivers than G Smith. 

Geno throws to the general area of his receivers, but just can't seem to put it n front of his receivers. He throws uncatchable to difficult to catch passes more than half the time. Too high. Too low. Too far in front. Behind.