Myron Pryor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Myron Pryor

I don't see him listed as a FA.  I thought his contract was up.  Granted he has been a very minor contributor and has been injured the last 2 years.  It seems to me they should just cut ties and save whatever they can for more worthy players.

How can you have any confidence in a guy who can't stay healthy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Myron Pryor

Funny thing is, when he has played, he's actually looked like he might have some potential. If he's under contract and cheap, I'd keep him going into camp. He always looked better than his draftmate Brace to me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pryor signed a 4 year $1.8 mil contracy in 09

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Soooo ... not that I can't do math, but is he still under contract?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought Pryor was one of the best young players we had on the team, it's a shame he can't get healthy...I have zero expectations for this guy now. In my opinion they should keep him, because you just know that as soon as we let him go he's never going to get hurt again and play like Warren Sapp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Armstead is here for is spot. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Soooo ... not that I can't do math, but is he still under contract?

He is in fact a free agent. I guess he just gets left off of lists because people forget about thim.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Pryor is an unusual case.  Because he was on PUP all last season, his final year was "tolled" (or deferred) so he still has one more year on his contract. Here's an article from Mike Reiss's blog on ESPN Boston:

The implication [of being placed on PUP] for Pryor in particular is significant. The 2009 sixth-round pick was in the final season of his four-year rookie contract and was set to become an unrestricted free agent next spring. However, since Pryor will now spend his entire final contract season on PUP, his contract will toll, keeping him under the Patriots' control for the 2013 season. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Pryor is an unusual case.  Because he was on PUP all last season, his final year was "tolled" (or deferred) so he still has one more year on his contract. Here's an article from Mike Reiss's blog on ESPN Boston:

The implication [of being placed on PUP] for Pryor in particular is significant. The 2009 sixth-round pick was in the final season of his four-year rookie contract and was set to become an unrestricted free agent next spring. However, since Pryor will now spend his entire final contract season on PUP, his contract will toll, keeping him under the Patriots' control for the 2013 season. 

Ballard too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I couldn't care less if he's back or not.

I really liked him and thought he could be a good situational player after his rookie season.

But after playing just 2 games in the past 2 years, I've come to terms that he won't be contributing much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

since he missed all last season he will be eligible for 1 more year with that being said the guy comes cheap and he has a potential only if he can stay healthy he can generate the middle pass rush to get to the QB. the guy can ball if heathy that is a big if I say they keep him

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to akoko's comment:

since he missed all last season he will be eligible for 1 more year with that being said the guy comes cheap and he has a potential only if he can stay healthy he can generate the middle pass rush to get to the QB. the guy can ball if heathy that is a big if I say they keep him

Yeah I agree. Obviously I'm not counting this him doing anything, but if he amazingly can stay healthy it would be huge for the inside rush.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

He blasted Brett Favre and bloodied his chin, he'll always be good with me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

What I remember most about this^ particular play is that it ushered in the "You

Cannot Hit The Quarterback In Any Way Under Any Circumstances" era, as far as I'm concerned . . .   and watching the way the league has picked and chosen who is allowed to be tackled and who isnt' . . .   and when . . .   and where . . .   and how . . .    and what penalties will be called and which penalties will not be called depending upon who is playing anjd whose retirement they're pimping and whether or not the moon is in the seventh house . . .

seriously . . .

Is anybody still watching?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

What I remember most about this^ particular play is that it ushered in the "You

Cannot Hit The Quarterback In Any Way Under Any Circumstances" era, as far as I'm concerned . . .   and watching the way the league has picked and chosen who is allowed to be tackled and who isnt' . . .   and when . . .   and where . . .   and how . . .    and what penalties will be called and which penalties will not be called depending upon who is playing anjd whose retirement they're pimping and whether or not the moon is in the seventh house . . .

seriously . . .

Is anybody still watching?

What I remember about that play was that we just got ourselves an interior pass rusher...he left the game ten minutes later with a back injury and hasn't been back since:(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I'll eat my hat if Myron Pryor makes it out of the trainer's room this season.  Waste of a pick he's turned out to be.  His allergies to field turf and grass are often too much to overcome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I totally forgot that was him.  Here it is for those who want to reminisce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvinOXQdNrk

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I like Pryor but am also frustrted that the guy can't stay on the field.  Having him around for 2013 is a nothing-to-lose situation IMO.