NASCAR Package

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

NASCAR Package

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1663994-which-nfl-quarterbacks-thrive-against-the-pass-rush

Brady isn't good against the blitz because he's developed some recent growth spurt or was bitten by a radioactive Fran Tarkenton. No, he's one of the best quarterbacks ever against the blitz because he's smart, has a command of his offense like few others and has one of the quickest releases this side of Johnny Unitas.

Brady is so good against the blitz that the Giants developed what we now know as a "NASCAR" package in order to avoid the need to blitz. In the "NASCAR," the Giants line up four of their most fearsome and speedy pass-rushers, completely eschewing the traditional defensive tackle position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: NASCAR Package

And they became vulnerable to this when they allowed themselves to become one-dimensional ,,,lack of a solid running back. Let a team rush everyone, quick hand off to a power back up the middle and the end rushers arrive only to find the train has left the station.

I think we have backs here now that can beat that...if we use em'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

And they became vulnerable to this when they allowed themselves to become one-dimensional ,,,lack of a solid running back. Let a team rush everyone, quick hand off to a power back up the middle and the end rushers arrive only to find the train has left the station.

I think we have backs here now that can beat that...if we use em'

Exactly. Maroney was a bum. Maybe if they stuck with him, he would have done something but its hard to take the ball out Bradys hand and give it to a bum! Did Maroney every crack 1,000 yards? I dont think he did..  BB doesnt value the WR, DB or RB position. Kind of hard to win like that. We DID overcome those things with a good Defense and overacheivers like T.Brown, J.Wiggins, K.Faulk,etc. but its really not an ideal concept. We wonder why no WRs have came here and made a splash? Well when has BB taken a WR in the 1st?

Say what you want, but 7 out of the 10 top WRs from last year were 1st round picks and so were # 11 and 12. Sure you can find gems here n there, but weve NEVER taken one high and its no coincidence we had to trade to get decent guys. Same w/Dillion. We traded for him, won a SB and then we DO use a 1st round pic....on the worst of 5 available backs! Now BB has Ridley but he fumbles and Vareen who is always hurt. Guys slip in the draft for a reason. Maybe next year is when they do dip for that skill position.(They finally took a pass rusher in 1st round) Surprise , Surprise! CJ is a stud!  They took Hightower high, Good pick. Mayo, top ten pick!

So why are people making excuses for BB again?  Where have those SECOND round picks got us? The proof is THERE. USE THE DAM 1st ROUND picks and stop trying to get value in 2nd round. Its been a horrible return

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Nah. Brady wanted the shotgun. He was obsessed with it.  It allowed front 7s to ignore our run game and dictate.

The face to 50 passes make it easy to ignore the run and use something like what the Giants used or what other teams used.

Pats must maintain balance.

Talk to the coach about that. You know the greatest in history. He led a kid named Joshy handle the most prolific offense ever. He had his back to the field while Joshy called dumb play after dumb play that didnt work. How many times did he run that bubble screen that the Giants were waiting for and sniffed out every time. How many dumb deep passes? Talk to the coaches. They didnt want to call run because Maroney, he who has never sniffed a G playing behind a good  line the best QB!!! LMAO!  and then got traded to Denver and went to jail. That Guy was supposed to save the offense?? Umm, NO its called Put a safety on Moss and bracket Wes, game over. 2 years later BB was still saying it and hadnt found an answer for it...LMAO! Leave it to you to NOT blame the Head Guy in Charge. Brady is just a player. Learn the Game and please dont respond with a paragragh and ruin the thread. We all know your stance by now. Remove your Head from BB' rectum and smell reality instead of his lunch!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yeah, I forgot Brady runs the team. He wanted the shotgun and got it. In fact I heard he told bb and mcd that he was walking if he didn't get to run the shotgun. He said on a radio interview he prefers it. I guess that was the straw that broke bb's back. Cave in to Tommy's demands or tommy walks. I should have known. Thanks for bringing me into the light Russ.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Nah. Brady wanted the shotgun. He was obsessed with it.  It allowed front 7s to ignore our run game and dictate.

The face to 50 passes make it easy to ignore the run and use something like what the Giants used or what other teams used.

Pats must maintain balance.