NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out

make it so bb.
    if we didnt have chung i could potentially see him starting by seasons end.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out

I like Ebner a lot.  He flies around the field, good ball skills, and is physical.  I hope Chung is ok but Ebner looks like a keeper.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out

Ebner looks better every play, love the ball skills.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

For someone who had not really played football, was a walk on in college and had played 3 defensive snaps last year, Ebner sure looks like he is picking up the game fast. He seems to be hustling and was around the ball a lot. After the pick, he ran well and had pretty good speed. Hope he will continue with his development.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

He smashed the ball loose on a receiver along the sideline that was pretty damn impressive. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

If he keeps improving he could be a cult hero

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i agree with all of you there.
    looks like a tacling machine.
    yes ball skills
    digesting the d without much of a problem
    flying all over on d.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he has lads of potential i hope he makes the team!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out:
    [QUOTE]he has lads of potential i hope he makes the team!
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

i know you mean loads nate :) thought id point it out.
    hey man!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The kid has a lot of energy(wanted to use spuunk, but wouldn't let me) that is for sure, he always looks like he is giving it 100%. He looks like a BB type of player and someone who will become a fan favorite. He has grit and I can see him come down with some big plays for us as the season grinds its way down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out:
    [QUOTE]The kid has a lot of energy(wanted to use spuunk, but wouldn't let me) that is for sure, he always looks like he is giving it 100%. He looks like a BB type of player and someone who will become a fan favorite. He has grit and I can see him come down with some big plays for us as the season grinds its way down.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

some have that grit, and some have that grit and get teh job done. he is on his way to the latter. we'll see....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He got beat consistently, but made 1 good play and he can be a starter? =D 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The skills he had playing his aussie ball translate very well, in theory, to Safety.

We shall see. He and Mesko can prctice scrums together!

Am I totally butchering australian rules vs rugby?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Kid might be further along then I thought. I originally thought he'd play only ST's this first year but he's showing some impressive ability in the pre-season. Dare I say maybe more then even Wilson? Ebner might get a good number of reps in the backfield this season if he can keep it up

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

He either makes the 53 or he's gone, if the Pats hope to put him through waivers won't happen teams will claim him quickly.

He had ups and downs but for a kid who played a hand full literaly number of snaps on D last year at Ohio he is coming along nicely.  Now this is pre season and route combinations/formations are pretty vanilla no game planning so he has a lot to go before he's anything close to a starter but as someone mentioned I rather have him than Barrett or Brown.

In all honesty, Chung probably will leave for another team who offers him a ton of $$ so either Wilson or Ebner can be molded to be that role.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I hope he makes it and turns out to be the strong safety that this team needs. Having said that, let's face it, that is a major long shot. He made a nice pick and he also got beat a lot, but at least on the plays he got beat the quarterback had to make very good throws.

When I read that Chung went out of the game with an injury, the first thing I thought was...of course he did, he must of tackled someone. This guy's body just can't hold up to NFL contact - I'm sorry, but almost every time he's in the middle of a big collision he comes up grabbing something or limping somewhere.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

He makes the roster and could be an STs ace or safety. What's interesting to me is how some of the Pats LBs looked reasonably good in coverage. The QB pressures  change when Wilfork and Mayo actually play.

Foles impressed me more than Mallet or Hoyer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out : i now you mean loads nate :) thought id point it out. hey man!
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

yeah i meant loads, stupid phone auto correct.  how is it going man?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The only problem I have with him is that I don't know how good he is with the nuances of the position. He's got the physical skills, good hands and a nose for the ball but I don't know how easily he can be faked by a receiver's moves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]He got beat consistently, but made 1 good play and he can be a starter? =D 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

so did our dbs last year.
    im looking at the improvement hes making and potential

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Kid might be further along then I thought. I originally thought he'd play only ST's this first year but he's showing some impressive ability in the pre-season. Dare I say maybe more then even Wilson? Ebner might get a good number of reps in the backfield this season if he can keep it up
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

:)

the legend growing slowly

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]He either makes the 53 or he's gone, if the Pats hope to put him through waivers won't happen teams will claim him quickly. He had ups and downs but for a kid who played a hand full literaly number of snaps on D last year at Ohio he is coming along nicely.  Now this is pre season and route combinations/formations are pretty vanilla no game planning so he has a lot to go before he's anything close to a starter but as someone mentioned I rather have him than Barrett or Brown. In all honesty, Chung probably will leave for another team who offers him a ton of $$ so either Wilson or Ebner can be molded to be that role.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

He had ups and downs but for a kid who played a hand full literaly number of snaps on D last year at Ohio he is coming along nicely.  

exaclty

Now this is pre season and route combinations/formations are pretty vanilla no game planning so he has a lot to go before he's anything close to a starter but as someone mentioned I rather have him than Barrett or Brown.

with injuries and such, its not too far fetched that durign the season he might start

In all honesty, Chung probably will leave for another team who offers him a ton of $$ so either Wilson or Ebner can be molded to be that role.

that was my assessment as well (wiht all the injuires, chung isnt worth the $ he may command). ebner wilson or if we have to, try again. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]He makes the roster and could be an STs ace or safety. What's interesting to me is how some of the Pats LBs looked reasonably good in coverage. The QB pressures  change when Wilfork and Mayo actually play. 
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Foles impressed me more than Mallet or Hoyer.

by far