Nate Silver Picks Patriots vs Seashawks SuperBowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Nate Silver Picks Patriots vs Seashawks SuperBowl

If you don't know who Nate Silver is then google the dude.

Nate Silver picks a Patriots vs Seahawks SuperBowl and said he would take the Patriots.

Also, Nate said Patriots and Broncos are the two best teams in football right now.  Said if the Patriots play Denver in the NFC Championship then that is really the SuperBowl game. 

Sure it's all about his stat/metrics system but the dude is pretty amazing to listen to.  Kind of hard to pick against his logic.  Hope he is correct with this one!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Nate Silver Picks Patriots vs Seashawks SuperBowl

Sorry for the double post of the same topic. Pick up this conversation in Dapats thread please!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I have Atlanta winning that game as well although not nearly as confident in them as you are. I'm curious, whats your beef with Seattle? Just not a Carroll and Sherman fan?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Clemons, maybe their best defensive player is out, but up until that point I had the same result...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the Clemons injury is similar to the Pats losing Nink. Clemons makes plays from his defensive position...sacks, pressures and forced fumbles. Tremendous player, big loss for the Hawks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Won't Ninck be back?  Clemons is out with season ending surgery.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Back to back weeks with Seattle having to play East Coast games will be very tough.  Also remember that Seattle had to IR their very good kicker (Haushka) and sign Longwell off the street this week.  A missed FG in this game could be the difference.  Combine that with the Clemons loss, I'll take Atlanta close...21-20.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Won't Ninck be back?  Clemons is out with season ending surgery.

[/QUOTE]

yes. I meant Clemons loss would be similar to the Pats losing Nink. (if they lost him)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

It will be tough for Seattle to play two in a row on east coast. Did they stay on east coast for the week???

In spite of recent games I favor SF and GB over Seattle. And because of this being back to back coast to coast games I favor Atlanta but not by a lot.

None of the remaining four NFC teams would be a big surprise to make the SB at this stage. Each has made a good case so far.

In the AFC I would be surprised if Manning finds a way to lose to a team he never loses to, especially being home and the Ravens not being what they were very early in the year.

I have to favor NE over Houston but I do not expect it wil be so easy this time.

Going to Denver will be very tough I think. I wonder if the Pats, assuming  they win, will go early to get acclimated to the altitude a bit more...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I too, think it will be NE vs Sea in the SB.  The Seahawks are a well rounded team on offense and have one of the best defenses in the league.  They will surprise alot of teams this weekend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Clemons injury is similar to the Pats losing Nink. Clemons makes plays from his defensive position...sacks, pressures and forced fumbles. Tremendous player, big loss for the Hawks.

[/QUOTE]

Clemons = Nink?

Did you seriously just say that? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Seattle vs. San Francisco in the NFCCG. Atlanta is a joke and the Seahawks are going to destroy them. And with Justin Smith back in the line up for San Fran, Aaron Rodgers is going to be on his back all game long. 

Also, Clemons was valuable, but Irving is no joke either. Matt Ryan is Peyton jr. 0-3 to start his playoff career. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Seriously guys, teams game plan for Clemons. No one game plans for Ninkovich. In fact, he's rarely, if ever, doubled teamed.

Teams double Chandler and Vince. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Seahawks matchup too well vs ATL.

Every player in that starting SEA secondary is above average at their respective position. I think they are very capable of covering Julio Jones and Roddy White.

Bobby Wagner is also a very good linebacker and I think he can fare well against Gonzo.

Clemons may be gone, but they still have Red Bryant, who I think is their best Dlineman.

On the otherside, the SEA should be able to run the ball on the Falcons. Long sustained drives is crucial in silencing a crowd when you're on the road. SEA can do that.

Don't forget, Matt Ryan and the Falcons tend to save their worst game of the season for the playoffs.

It should be close, but there aren't any really compelling reasons to pick the Falcons other than the fact that they are the home team. The long travel flights may tire the hawks, but I dont think quite yet. Theyve won 3 straight road games, I think all that stuff about them not being able to win on the road needs to be put to rest

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously guys, teams game plan for Clemons. No one game plans for Ninkovich. In fact, he's rarely, if ever, doubled teamed.

Teams double Chandler and Vince. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Nink is no where near the pass rusher Clemons is. Clemons probably draws way more double teams than Nink. I think a lot of Ninks pass rushing success has to do with Chandler Jones drawing more attention.

Losing Clemons would be more like losing Chandler jones. Except I think Clemons is the better player, so on a large scale than Jones'

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In the Obama/Romney matchup, Silver had the outcome of every state picked correctly. Don't know what metrics he used to get the Superbowl matchup but I kind of like the Patriots/ Seahawks final.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

These picks are all over the place.  Peter King in SI says GB.  Many, many others are picking Denver off of their 11 game winning streak against the juggernauts of the NFL.  Might as well stick a needle in your eye.  I'll just say.. GO PATS!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In the Obama/Romney matchup, Silver had the outcome of every state picked correctly. Don't know what metrics he used to get the Superbowl matchup but I kind of like the Patriots/ Seahawks final.

[/QUOTE]

So did I, as did many others.  Not hard

[/QUOTE]

I find it hard to believe that you had Colorado, Florida, and Virginia all going to Obama. I'm a staunch liberal, and even that was a pipe-dream for me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Clemons = Nink?

Did you seriously just say that? 

[/QUOTE]

No, I said clemons is a defensive play maker getting sacks, qb pressures and forced fumbles like Nink. I happen to think is very good, but not as good as Clemons. I think they are both superior to Jones

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I admit I had va too close but I nailed all the others.  No lie

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Glad you were right.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts