Neal resigns............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Neal resigns............

I read on twitter that Stephen Neal resigned..............anyone else read that? That is huge if he did........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Neal resigns............

I seriously want to know what the Pats have been doing for the last 3 weeks if this is true. Did all the personal guys take a vacation instead of trying to resign their players before the FA started? I'm glad Neals back but he's getting old and he's going to need to be replaced real soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Now if he can only stay healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't have a twitter account all I can say is there has been no comment from any of the usual sources, though it would be good to bring him back . He is when healthy a very good LG. I'm pretty sure the Patriots don't expect to see Mike Iupati available when they pick or project him to be picked before they can get him at a value slot like #47..I'm updating this post to confirm that Neal has in fact been re-signed to a 2 year deal.. 3 down 2 to go! Keep up the good work Nick Caserio,Reese and BB..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

profootballtalk.com  has the Neal deal on there. Its a two year deal.I like Neal. He is a mauler when he pulls...........he played half the year hurt last season and never said a word....my kind of guy.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Russ that's not necessarily true. They like to stock pile at positions (see tight end last year). The best example is that they signed Damon Huard to be backup QB even though they loved what Brady was doing. I could see them taking Pouncey or Iupati, although it's less of a need now. Hopefully Neal can stay healthy the whole year. Imagine a Mankins Pouncey and Neal on an inside run? 

I hope this ends the Kazcur at guard talk. Guards are shorter and quicker for the pats, and Kaczur 1)doesn't fit that mold and 2) is absolutely terrible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He has only had injury issues with the one shoulder...the shoulder he hurt as a rookie when he was the ONLY player on the field who knew what was going on.

A swing pass (backwards swing pass) to, I believe Redmond at the time was dropped, and 20 players stood around without a whistle. Neal ran for it, and a defender jumped on his outstretched shoulder as he reached for the ball. Horrible luck on a very head's up play. Such a shame because he is a monster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

THESE SIGNING,IN ALL LIKELYHOOD, WERE ALL SET TO GO PRIOR TO TODAY BUT WITH THE CAVEAT THAT THIS WOULD INDEED BE AN UNCAPPED YEAR.ONCE THE UNCAPPED YEAR BECAME A CERTAINTY THE DEALS WERE DONE.IT SEEMS TO ME THAT BOTH B.B. AND THE KRAFT'S WANTED THIS ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE OF A NO CAP YEAR BEFORE OFFICIALLY SGNING JUST ABOUT ANYONE,INCLUDING WILFOLK.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

who cares....boring....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Neal resigns............:
    I seriously want to know what the Pats have been doing for the last 3 weeks if this is true. Did all the personal guys take a vacation instead of trying to resign their players before the FA started? I'm glad Neals back but he's getting old and he's going to need to be replaced real soon.
    Posted by PatsEng

They drafted 2 guards last year

Orhnberger in the 4th
    Bussey in the 5th

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Agreed, but it's likely a discounted deal because Houston and others were interested. It's a good move because it's worth the gamble. One of the better RGs in football when healthy.  This must not like Iupati out of Boise State if they resigned him, because they have Neal, Connolly, Bussey etc going for one spot.  Mankins isn't going anywhere.
    Posted by russgriswold

Don't forget Orhnberger

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Neal resigns............:
    I read on twitter that Stephen Neal resigned..............anyone else read that? That is huge if he did........
    Posted by EASON11

Eason you must be psyched! You've been pulling for this. Doesn't really get me excited, but I liked him as a player throughout his career. I remember watching him at Bryant college during camp when he was trying out as a D Lineman. I thought he looked pretty good on that side of the ball at the time; he was so big, fast and his athletisism really stood out for a guy that never played the position. Hope he has something left in the tank.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriothead22. Show Patriothead22's posts

He isn't resigning because he just agreed to a 2 year deal...

http://espn.go.com/blog/BostonNew-England-Patriots/post/_/id/4675777/patriots-neal-agree-on-2-year-deal

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In Response to Re: Neal resigns............ : Don't forget Orhnberger
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Orhnberger is going to be converted to center.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

We may discover a whole pile of contracts sitting on Jonathan Kraft's desk.  Until today, on the pile was a memo:  "Do not sign these contracts until March 5, 2010".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Very good Road King..........at my expense no doubt...........long day and night yesterday......that was a good one.............lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Neal resigns............ : Orhnberger is going to be converted to center.
    Posted by artielang

Connolly and Wendell are also both centers. The point was that they have drafted with forethought over potentially covering the interior of the line. Those players all have position flexibility. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Neal is solid; a real FB player.  Am glad he is back.  We need an upgrade for RT from Toledo, though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

veldeer is the answer on the line

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

its all good...........