Need strong safety help STAT!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

Re: Need strong safety help STAT!

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to PatsBermuda's comment:

[QUOTE]

we had every chance to get pollard....SMH x 1000

Noone here likes pollard cuz he is a hitman, but I thought he was a cheap option that you KNOW can play SS. Could he do all the other things BB ask? maybe not, but who has outside of Rodney?

I was telling fans we need him, same way he knocked out Wes, he could have done it for us.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

FYI

Pollard on one of the NFL rating lsits was rated 68? out of 88

God it would have been hard to root for him

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

FYI

Pollard on one of the NFL rating lsits was rated 68? out of 88

God it would have been hard to root for him

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

And all Patriot players not named McCouty rounded out safeties from 69-88? LOL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

Between Gregory, Wilson (Tavon) and Ebner, this feels to me like the weakest link in the defensive chain. We need a smart, physical roving hitting machine that we have not had in years.

Honestly, despite the naysayers, the rest of the team looks like it's shaping up OK. I think we will see a bit more running on offense, especially with Cannon back at right guard, and a stable of good backs. I really like having a full-back that can block like Develin can. The receivers are young but looked talented in the preseason. The linebacker crew can defend the run or the pass, not just the run like last year. The defensive line is strong, maybe not deep but how many teams have that luxury? I like the CB crew on both sides with Talib and Dennard, backed up by Arrington and the new kid, Logan Ryan, who seems to know when to turn his head without losing speed. Cole, who knows! The new punter seems like he has the ability to strategically punt to the right place, not just cannon each ball.

If this team can pick up a strong enforcer, and fear-inducer, in the middle of the defensive field, this could be a pretty darned good year. But I know everyone else is looking for the same position. I had hoped Ebner would become the natural enforcer for this team. He reminded me a little bit of Steve Atwater, the one-time Broncos fearless safety. But it has not panned out so far. I know Omar Brown was released by the Ravens but I don't know if he landed somewhere or cleared waivers. He is not a great option but probably better than what we have.

BB could have pursued "fear inducing" SS Bernard Pollard in the offseason, for reasonable money. But, Belichick chose instead to ink the washed up Adrian Wilson, for more money than it would have cost to bring Pollard into the fold. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This won't be a popular sentiment here but Duron Harmon looked solid in the preseason, he was able to get to his spots.  The guy doesn't have to be amazing, he needs to be consistant.  If James Sanders was more talented he might be Harmon, hopefully Harmon has the physical tools to stay healthy and make a difference here.  With the addition of Collins at LB I think we have more flexability, you might see some strange packages with Collins playing SS (or even corner) against the tightends and Megatrons of the league, putting a jam on them with over the top help behind him.  A pass rush will cure all of our defensive backfield woes, mark it down...

Plus, I wonder how much better someone like that looks once they start gameplanning and scaling back any reps and responsiblities?

T.Wilson is the big nickel, where he looked pretty good last year. I just think he's shown range problems at FS and he's cheated on some routes and got caught.

I still have no idea why Ebner is here.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree on TWilson. I think BB wants him to create turnovers, be a sure tackler, cover the TE and 4th, have deep zone cverage. He checks out pretty well in the first 3...

I have seen some rank SLater as #1 on ST and Ebner #2...thats why he is on the team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Between Gregory, Wilson (Tavon) and Ebner, this feels to me like the weakest link in the defensive chain. We need a smart, physical roving hitting machine that we have not had in years.

Honestly, despite the naysayers, the rest of the team looks like it's shaping up OK. I think we will see a bit more running on offense, especially with Cannon back at right guard, and a stable of good backs. I really like having a full-back that can block like Develin can. The receivers are young but looked talented in the preseason. The linebacker crew can defend the run or the pass, not just the run like last year. The defensive line is strong, maybe not deep but how many teams have that luxury? I like the CB crew on both sides with Talib and Dennard, backed up by Arrington and the new kid, Logan Ryan, who seems to know when to turn his head without losing speed. Cole, who knows! The new punter seems like he has the ability to strategically punt to the right place, not just cannon each ball.

If this team can pick up a strong enforcer, and fear-inducer, in the middle of the defensive field, this could be a pretty darned good year. But I know everyone else is looking for the same position. I had hoped Ebner would become the natural enforcer for this team. He reminded me a little bit of Steve Atwater, the one-time Broncos fearless safety. But it has not panned out so far. I know Omar Brown was released by the Ravens but I don't know if he landed somewhere or cleared waivers. He is not a great option but probably better than what we have.

BB could have pursued "fear inducing" SS Bernard Pollard in the offseason, for reasonable money. But, Belichick chose instead to ink the washed up Adrian Wilson, for more money than it would have cost to bring Pollard into the fold. 

[/QUOTE]

Pollard has a very low IQ.  Adrian Wilson wasn't washed up. Anyone pretending Pollard is a better player than Adrian Wilson is a moron who doesn't know the NFL.

Balt's D last year wasn't good. Reed was hurt, Pollard sucked and Lewis was on his way out.

I am glad Ray Lewis gave a speech and the Broncos safety fell down for them, but please buy a clue in your analysis, Texas Troll.

[/QUOTE]

There is no need for gratuitous insults. Pollard may not have the speed to go man-to-man in deep coverage but he still does major damage in a zone defense or, as we know only too well, defending one-on-one against larger tight ends. No one wants to get hit by him. Rodney Harrison wasn't the fastest guy on the field either but getting hit by him was not an enjoyable experience for most receivers and it made them wary of catching balls in the middle of the field. We could use someone like that. That was TexasPat's point, I believe. It's OK to disagree with that point but it does not make the other guy "a moron who doesn't know the NFL." Where did that come from?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I would be very happy if Harmon did an OK job. I don't think he is the enforcer we need though. But perhaps you see that possibility?

Not unless he magicallyy bulks up, but the kid could simply be a solid tackler at that position and that would be enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

There were some good ones out there, BB blew this one.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com