1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

NE's Top 4 Draft Picks

1st Round- Brandon Graham, OLB
    2nd Round- Ryan Matthews, RB
    2nd Round- Mardy Gilyard,WR
    2nd Round- Kyle Wilson,CB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Re: NE's Top 4 Draft Picks

You can put up any picks you want all day long, it wont matter because BB will as usual either trade out or pick somone no one even thought of.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Belichick will take a TE at #22 HAHAHAHAHAHA...just kidding ...um I think! It is like he's playing 3 demensional Chess and the rest of us are playing tic-tac-toe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

#22 DT Jarod Odrick- The perfect replacement for Seymour is found.
    #44 - WR Brandon LaFell - With Welker out for the season and Moss entering his final year a big play maker is needed.  Let's not see Aiken out on the edge next year.
    #47 TE Aaron Hernandez - Watson almost certain to be moving on.  Hernandez is the top TE in my book as a pure pass catcher and Brady needs more weapons.
    #53 DE Austen Lane - Jarvis Green is likely to leave and will get plenty of offers.  If the Pats sign Peppers, this pick can go a different direction, OT Veldheer would be nice here.
    #117 RB LaGarrette Blount - I know he has anger management issues.  If he can keep those in check and focus them against opposing LBs and Ss we would have replaced Morris and Taylor with a much more bruising back who can make his own holes and get that tough yard where we struggled last year.
    6th WR/KR Trindon Holiday - Meet Mighty Might at 5-5, 162 but a blazing 4.27 40, this is a poor man's Dexter McCluster.  As long as he can avoid getting hit head on we've found a special player who can't be caught or seen.
    7th OT Chris Marinelli - Light is in his last year so depth is needed on the OL.  The line is steady but getting old with all but one starter in their 30s.  Next year is when we will have to really address this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Like i've said on every mock draft written here at the Globe I'm not going to predict any specific players.We all know that if BB has his way they will be trading out of the first round. They have a few needs, so they will have to address those by signing a few usable FA's and of course via the draft,of course they will also have to sign as many Undrafted FA's as they can to augment whatever they miss during the drafting phase. The Patriots need  in no specific order OL,DL,OLB/DE,RB,WR,TE and maybe a punter. Depending on whether they resign Mankins and Neal will depend on the necessity to draft an O-lineman. I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Peppers in Free agency!!! there are a bunch of WR's that will be available late in this draft...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Im not sure how many of u feel , but IMHO this team has major needs everywhere. I mean everywhere you look we can use an upgrade. Im a "best available guy" for the most part , look at Vikes when they took AD a couple years back. They had needs in other places , but superior talent won out. QB , DE , CB , S , WR and C were all positions they could have upgraded , the chance of a game changing , franchise , all world top 1-2 RB was too hard to pass up. And IMHO would have been foolish. I really think we have to wait and see how this draft starts to play out. Im always for trading up and grabbing an elite player , I know thats not this teams M.O. , but most of the time their are guys that are worth it. This years no different with guys like Haden , Berry , McClain etc. Theres a decent chance one of those guys slips a lil' and is around at 12-16. Ive loved all three for a couple years now and if their there at , say , 13-15 I jump on it. I like Odrick and Price and think DE is a huge need for us, teams made no secret all year about running to what would have been Sey's side. An OLB isnt going to help in the running game if we have that type of play on that side. Not to mention Warrens play has dropped off a lil' , injuries have hurt him alot , but IMHO hes gone in 2-3 years. Thats brings both sides in question , I actually think that at this moment that might be our biggest need. None of the OLB's impress me enough to take in the first round , the past 4-5 drafts have killed us , we cant afford a Gholston , English , Maybin etc. Olinemen will be taken in the first 2 rounds , I really like Mike Johnson for our right guard spot. Hes a versatile athlete that could come right in and make a difference and I think we can get him with our 2/3 second round pick. WR and RB absolutely have to be addressed also either through trade , F/A , or the draft , I would love for us to trade for a Marshell/Q , both would fit in great here. Stepping right in at that X position that has killed us the past 2 years. Edelmans could be a great 3rd rec , maybe even a solid 2 , but hes a slot guy and this team needs a big upgrade at receiver. Most notably at the X spot. Moss has been are only real , and consistant scoring threat the last 3 years , this team needs another playmaker. I would love to see this team get a Tate( reminds me of D-Jackson , could be just as good) , Benn , Gilyard ,Lafell and Williams. All have real potential and I think all will be late first at best , but most likely second round picks. Samething at the RB spot , maybe a Dwyer/Best in early 2nd round. One guy I love and have been screaming about the last two years is Earl Thomas , I really think hes on Berrys level and could be even better as a pro. This guy is a football player that can ballhawk with the best , diagnose O's , and can and will tackle and isnt afraid to throw his weight around. We could upgrade both S positions , this guy is worth taking , no doubt! And while everyone was ranting and raving about the lack of pass rush , which we really need , the ILB spot is just as important. Extremely poor play from that spot this year trading up for McClain if hes around at 13/15 would be a smart move if hes there. If not then I really like Spikes , a big , physical , guy that can run , hit , tackle , diagnose/read , I think hes going to be a very good , maybe even great player won day. He'll be there at 22 , maybe even early second round. Every guy mentioned could really help this team and all are position we need to fill/upgrade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

1st Rnd #22- Brandon Graham OLB 6'1" 260lbs
    he would bring pass rush from the weak side, will be everything AD was supposed to be.  High motor, great character kid who will start from day 1 and will give NE 7 to 10 sacks from the weak side his first year.  The sky is the limit for this kid.
    2nd 44th - Dominique Franks CB 6'0" 192lbs
    Played in one of college footballs most pass happy conferences.  He did not have the numbers his Jr. year but he it was more teams did not throw as much to  his side than he not playing at a high level.  With Kyle Wilson moving up into the 1st round Franks could fall to us he would be able to start in case Bodden is not signed. If Kyle Wilson is available here he's the pick.
    2nd 47th - LaMarr Houston DE 6'3" 302 
    Very versitable player, good against the run and has the speed to get to the QB.  Only has a couple of years experience at DL but I think this is a possitive as he'll come in and be shaped into what BB wants a DE to do.
    2nd 53rd - Kam Chancellor S 6'3" 232lbs
    I am not sold on Merri, Chancellor who has the speed of a CB and the size of a LB would be a great addition to the secondary.  I know we have Chung learning and waiting but here's my thought.  Move Merri to CB (where he has experience playing at Miami), Sanders at FS while Chancellor learns the position (i don't like McGowan at all) Chung and Chancellor at SS.  By end of season Chung SS Chancellor FS or have Kam add 10 lbs and he can move to ILB, he is a rare talent who with the right coaching will be a star.  
    4th - George Selvie OLB 6'4" 247lbs
    Want pass rush? Here it is, needs to improve coverage skills but the guy smells the QB. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Didnt Merriweather play a little CB in his first two seasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Pats7393...So your going all in on Defense?...

I like Kam as well, but god knows we don't need another safety do we?...
    is your Franks pick assuming we don't sign Bodden?

Personally, I like Graham, Odrick, Williams, Spikes at 22...Also like Houston somewhere in 2nd as I think he woudl provide nice depth on the DL and I like his style of play.

I tend to think the Pats will spread the picks amongst O and D depending upon what is done in FA of course. 

Faucetman has an interesting mock...I like it because he adds playmakers and a mix of O and D in much needed positions. 

If the Pats did sign Peppers, could they also sign Austen Lane?...Meaning, if Peppers is signed what the probability he plays OLB, with Lane as DE?...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I am thinking they will pick an offensive lineman in the first 4 picks, so the other 3, i am hoping they are pass rush help to the defense. RB class is expected to be really good next year so they might hold back on RB till next year but i wouldnt mind them taking jahvid best. He would be a perfect compliment to a downhill/powerfull runner they draft next season. It would be like Pierre Thomas + Reggie Bush combo. Best could also be the kevin faulk of the future, catching passes and running on draws + screens. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i love the idea of getting George Selvie

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: NE's Top 4 Draft Picks:
    Pats7393...So your going all in on Defense?... I like Kam as well, but god knows we don't need another safety do we?... is your Franks pick assuming we don't sign Bodden? Personally, I like Graham, Odrick, Williams, Spikes at 22...Also like Houston somewhere in 2nd as I think he woudl provide nice depth on the DL and I like his style of play. I tend to think the Pats will spread the picks amongst O and D depending upon what is done in FA of course.  Faucetman has an interesting mock...I like it because he adds playmakers and a mix of O and D in much needed positions.  If the Pats did sign Peppers, could they also sign Austen Lane?...Meaning, if Peppers is signed what the probability he plays OLB, with Lane as DE?...
    Posted by PatsLifer

I don't think Bodden is signed, with a limited amount of quality FAs Bodden will get probably a bigger contract than if it was a regular CBA year. 
    I do think we need another S because I do not like McGowan and what he brings.  The reason I don't have a play maker is this, I think we will get a FA receiver and pickup one in later rounds.  If Tate is healthy he will be solid and help.  WIth the D we need the most improvements.  I don't think we can loss Bodden go into the season with Butler as #1 and Wilhite as #2.

I would love for the Pats to send LM to the chargers for AC, if that was the case I probably don't draft a CB.

Here's the rest of my mock, I only posted 1st 4 rounds

6th - Richard Dickson TE 6'3" 245lbs
    He is more of a pass catching TE is good enough at blocking to stay in plays and not give Ds a sign of a pass play is coming.  Good route runner, played in the SEC so proven against the nations top talent.
    7th 1 - Alfonso Smith RB 6'1" 209lbs
    Will need to develop but will be able to contribute as KR/PR his rookie year.  Great speed good hands.  He is a guy who would benifit to watch and learn from Kevin Faulk.
    7th 2 - Will Baker OT 6'7" 310
    Will be the starting RT for the Patriots, I have not found consistant enough reports on him about what round he's projected in but if he is in the 7th its great value.  What it is consistant are the scouting reports which all agree he projects to be a solid RT in the NFL.

At WR, I think FA will play a part in it.  We should also get a 6th and a 7th comp pick which I would use for a WR and OG.
    if 6th comp pick
    Marcus Easley WR 6'3" 214-would develop into a solid #1 if pats hit again as they did with TB in the 6th Easley has it all to be a #1.
    if 7th comp pick
    can't decide between:
    Corey Peters DE 6'3" 295 - Might be more of a 6th rounder
    Travis Ivey NT 6'4" 341 - depth at NT and a large DT in a 43

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Pats7393 and others... you know I cant honestly say I have a clue what the Patriots will do this draft because there are so many issues to consider... 

1st.  The depth is huge in this draft

2nd. The Labor issue

3rd. There are two players maybe three in free agnecy that fit the Patriots defense well and who knows if the Patriots will go after any of them thus changing the need to draft those positions early or at all in the draft.

4th. Wilfork might be traded and then you have another first round and likely a third to deal with and if you do that does that mean your drafting a NT or do you think Brace and Pryor can handle it with Wright.

5th. Does Belichick want Boldin? If he does there goes one of the second round picks... BTW... just a thought here but if we do trade Wilfork the likelyhood we use a second round pick for Boldin goes up I think because they would have too heavy a draft board for their long term finances I think.

There are other issues but these are the big ones.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Pats7393 and others... you know I cant honestly say I have a clue what the Patriots will do this draft because there are so many issues to consider...  1st.  The depth is huge in this draft 2nd. The Labor issue 3rd. There are two players maybe three in free agnecy that fit the Patriots defense well and who knows if the Patriots will go after any of them thus changing the need to draft those positions early or at all in the draft. 4th. Wilfork might be traded and then you have another first round and likely a third to deal with and if you do that does that mean your drafting a NT or do you think Brace and Pryor can handle it with Wright. 5th. Does Belichick want Boldin? If he does there goes one of the second round picks... BTW... just a thought here but if we do trade Wilfork the likelyhood we use a second round pick for Boldin goes up I think because they would have too heavy a draft board for their long term finances I think. There are other issues but these are the big ones.
    Posted by DaBlade

DaBlade I think we all know there are more unanswered questions than answered and all could have an impact on the draft but what fun is it waiting until those are answered?  I'll post the possible scenarios as I see them and then those who want to read, read those who think is a waste of time don't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

1st Round- Taylor Mays, SS, USC
    2nd Round(35th overall*)- Vladimir Ducasse, OT, UMASS
    2nd Round- Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
    2nd Round- Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
    2nd Round- Cam Thomas, DT, UNC

* Patriots acquire this pick in a trade with Tampa Bay for Vince Wilfork.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Shiningwizard,
    Really! Mays as the 1st round pick? We are loaded at Safety position. We have 4 them. Lets pick a QB at 22nd spot. We only have two!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

1st Round- Taylor Mays, SS, USC 2nd Round(35th overall*)- Vladimir Ducasse, OT, UMASS 2nd Round- Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State 2nd Round- Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU 2nd Round- Cam Thomas, DT, UNC * Patriots acquire this pick in a trade with Tampa Bay for Vince Wilfork.
    Posted by ShiningWizard

I too think we should get a safety but not with the 22 pick.  At 22 if they stay there we need a Graham, Odrick, Iupati, Williams one of those 4 if they are not there then they move down and get some extra picks.  IMO Merri should move to CB and we should release McGowan his attitudes stinks.

I do like a kid by Kam Chancellor, look him up.  He runs like a CB but he's 6'3" 232lbs, can cover well and a hard hitter.  He would be a great FS in BBs system, he adds 10 more pounds and he can play MLB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I would like to see one of the second round picks used on the best OT available.
    The OL needs help now. A OT this year, a center next year, and a guard the following.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

I know they drafted a ffew interior linemen last year but what about going guard or center with the second round picks, I feel that Koppen has not played well in three years and Neal is going to test the market. first round when BB stays in he usually drafts a TE, DE, or DT and we are thin at all three postions right now with a few contracts expiring.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I would like to see one of the second round picks used on the best OT available. The OL needs help now. A OT this year, a center next year, and a guard the following.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

A la Vollmer, here's the next small school tackle

Jared Veldheer 6'9" 330lbs