New England vs Tampa Game Notes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

New England vs Tampa Game Notes

TEN SPOT: WHO'S WORTH WATCHING THURSDAY NIGHT AGAINST TAMPA BAY (Christopher Price WEEI)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Re: New England vs Tampa Pre-Game Notes

I was looking for the same info, on line up and who to concentrate on. I am curently at Disney, and my wife got me (us) tickets for tonights game, in Tampa. My kids first football game, although pre season. they are pumped, hell they are willing to give up a day the parks to go to to football game,....  what a great family! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I'll be looking mainly at a few things. 

The first is the Brady to Ocho Cinco Show.
    I know a lot has been made about Chad dropping passes , but I dont expect that tonight. Chad is a gamer and im sure him and Brady are working hard to show the fans they are on the same page.  I dont expect to see them too long, but I think they will make an effort to hook up a few times.  With Solder still at left tackle, may not see Brady too long.  I say 1st quarter or a few series..

The other thing I will be watching is who is playing safety and if S.Brown gets any looks w/ the 1st team like we heard in practice and if so how he fairs. 

Hayneworth is still out, but Im excited to see what Carter can do in this defense as well.  I'll be looking at that also and  some improvement from Cunningham..

Also look to see if Wilhite gets a lot of snaps like Butler did last week or will be a younger guy like Williams or Lockett

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Remember Bernard Berrian's yellow cleats last season?

$5,000 fashion statement.

I would imagine the uniform rules apply equally to the preseason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: New England vs Tampa Pre-Game Notes:
    [QUOTE]...My kids first football game, although pre season. they are pumped, hell they are willing to give up a day the parks to go to to football game,....  what a great family! 
    Posted by ASO9771[/QUOTE]

Why can't you do both?  It's a night game after all. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

That's it????

Mike Reiss 
    It is commonplace for this time of year 2 have that many scouts at Pats preseason games. Teams always on lookout for quality that may be cut

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The things I'm looking forward to is how the QBs that folks here put on a pedestal do against a better defense.  How the OL backups hold up against better personnel in particular Solder.  I wish Cannon were available but I think he goes on IR and hopefully not the pup.

The things on defense to watch may be in the players who don't play.  They may be on their way out.  Merriweather is on the fence.  Butler, Wilhite and others are fighting for a spot or two on the roster.  With Bodden back and the draft of Ras-I it has gotten quite crowded.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Greg A. Bedard 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: New England vs Tampa Pre-Game Notes:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New England vs Tampa Pre-Game Notes : Why can't you do both?  It's a night game after all. 
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I live down here and wouldn't do that.....
    If you think you can do a day at Disney Park and then drive 90+ minutes to watch a football game all the time it is 98 degrees with the heat index at 104 then have at it.
    He would have to go to the park and leave by 5:30 to make the game. Of course that leaves no time for a shower after the park.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

What to watch

Patriots @ Bucs

Tom BradyChad Ochocinco, and the first team Patriots offense gets its first action of the preseason. We think. … With Matt Light not likely to play, the Patriots can see how first round pick Nate Solder looks protecting Brady’s blind side. … There are a lot of jobs still available on New England’s defensive line.  The starters are still undecided and some recent pickups could get cut.

Patriots rookie running back Stevan Ridley gets to make his case for a big role again. He looked great last week. … Ryan Mallett may play second behind Tom Brady. The Patriots want to get a long look at the rookie.  Backup QB Brian Hoyer will probably get more playing time next week.

Tampa didn’t get a great test from Kansas City last week.  New England should provide that. … Once again, we’re going to watch how Tampa’s rookie defensive ends and middle linebacker Mason Foster look. …Dezmon Briscoe is trying to nail down a possible starting receiver job opposite Mike Williams. … Gerald McCoy has reportedly looked great in camp. This will be his preseason debut for the year. Tampa is expecting a big jump from last year’s No. 3 overall pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Pre-game notes....

TAMPA -- A few pre-game nuggets to pass along from Raymond James Stadium: 

1. The expectation from here is that the starters will play around one quarter, depending on the way the game goes. Some younger players might stay on the field longer. 

2. As noted on Tuesday, don't be surprised if rookie quarterbackRyan Mallett enters before Brian Hoyer, if Hoyer plays at all. That's the way the quarterback reps have been split for most of this week, but I don't think it reflects any type of change on the depth chart. Instead, this will be a chance for the Patriots to see how Mallett responds on the road, and how he builds on his solid performance in the preseason opener. The Patriots have already seen Hoyer, now in his third season, in that environment. 

3. More on Mallett from today's "Scott Van Pelt" show on ESPN Radio

4. ESPN.com NFC South reporter Pat Yasinskas is here and hefiles a blog entry noting the presence of Rays manager Joe Maddon and Rays closer Kyle Farnsworth at tonight's game, as guests of Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris. We'll have to keep a close eye on any "hoodie" exchange between Maddon and Belichick in the pre-game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

4. ESPN.com NFC South reporter Pat Yasinskas is here and hefiles a blog entry noting the presence of Rays manager Joe Maddon and Rays closer Kyle Farnsworth at tonight's game, as guests of Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris. We'll have to keep a close eye on any "hoodie" exchange between Maddon and Belichick in the pre-game.

Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I am looking forward to seeing the defense for several reasons:

-Where will Mayo be playing if he plays
    -Can they generate pass rush against Tampa's first team (and if so who is it)
    -Sergio Brown and Meriweather.  Who looks better and looks to be a starter next to Chung or do they need to bring someone else in.
    -Flechter.  Can he build on last week. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Greg A. Bedard 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I wish Cannon were available but I think he goes on IR and hopefully not the pup."

That makes no sense garytx.  If he goes on IR he's done for the yr.  If they keep him on the PUP list to start the season, he could conceivably play after week 6.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: New England vs Tampa Game Notes

TAMPA -- The following players were not spotted on the field for pre-game warmups, which is a sign that they won't play: 

WR Julian Edelman 
    WR Taylor Price 
    WR Brandon Tate 
    CB Ras-I Dowling 
    RB Shane Vereen 
    RB Kevin Faulk 
    S James Sanders 
    CB Malcolm Williams 
    RB Eric Kettani 
    S Josh Barrett 
    LB Jeff Tarpinian 
    LB Brandon Spikes 
    OL Marcus Cannon 
    C/G Ryan Wendell 
    DL Brandon Deaderick 
    OT Matt Light 
    DL Albert Haynesworth 
    DL Shaun Ellis 
    DE Jermaine Cunningham 
    DL Ron Brace 
    DL Mike Wright

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: New England vs Tampa Game Notes:
    [QUOTE]MikeReiss   Mike Reiss   Patriots president Jonathan Kraft, on pregame show on The Sports Hub, says Ochocinco & starters to play a "good chunk" tonight.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Awesome.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

the bucs stop here!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

WOW!  There is nobody at the game!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from abereyes1. Show abereyes1's posts

Anybody got the website to watch the game? !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Lets do this thing!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Final Score prediction- Pats 45  Bucs 17