In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AlbertBreer
    @AlbertBreer

Here's the actual rule pertaining to Talib/Welker: "If the contact occurs as ball is being touched, there is no offensive pass interference. When it happens all at the same time - the ball being touched and contact elsewhere – it is not a foul. The contact has to be clearly before the ball is touched for it to draw a flag."

---------------

Look at the path Talib is taking then when he notices Welker he changes his path and goes right into Welker.  Maybe Talib was looking to take Welker out.  Interesting.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!

[/QUOTE]

Or he was trying to cover his man? He was trying to take the easiest route to catch Thomas when welker hit him. Can't say I'm surprised welker did this. He is a bitter little man who has had his bell rung a few too many times.

[/QUOTE]

This is a no brainer. 

Contact before the ball is caught. It's not even incidental as he was lowering his helmet INTO Talib. 

Sorry, there is a screen game downfield, which all teams use. Then there is this: a deliberate attempt to injure and remove an oppoising player. 

And no, a flag wouldn't have fixed the game. But having Talib would have been huge. Demaryius Thomas went from zero receptions, to basically taking the game over. 

It was deliberate. If I am Denver, I am watching my back next season. Put one of their precious WRs on a stretcher if the NFL won't do something about it, or take Welker's head clean off, and send him back with a concusion. 

Retaliation, sometimes, is the only language that people understand. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: New MVP...Welker the cheapshot artist

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Someone please tell me why do people keep saying Welker went for the knees?It is clear he didnt go for the knees so please explain this.

[/QUOTE]

hes small... so hes low already.  It was more like knee to knee contact.  but Talib absorbed it since he was surprised welker ran straight into him.

[/QUOTE]

HUH what you arent serious right?he cleay hit him in the chest so it was shoulder to chest hit not shoulder to knee,Not even close.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Look at the path Talib is taking then when he notices Welker he changes his path and goes right into Welker.  Maybe Talib was looking to take Welker out.  Interesting.

Take off your Wes colored glasses man.  Talib was following Thomas who had just cut back towards the ball.

I mean heck read the NFL rule book.

Rule 8, Section 5, Article 2 (Forward Pass, Backward Pass, Fumble)

Prohibited Acts by both teams while the ball is in the air. Acts that are pass interference include, but are not limited to:

(e) cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball.

Wes made contact with Talib and was not playing the ball.  He wasn't even trying to get open.  He lowered  his shoulder in anticipation of hitting him.  Most legal picks involve rerouting the guy chasing in coverage not lowering your dam shoulder and tackling him.  And please don't mention the Edelman play.  The Edelman play isn't even close.  That was a freaking block.  The catch had been made for multiple seconds before Edelman leveled him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is a no brainer. 

Contact before the ball is caught. It's not even incidental as he was lowering his helmet INTO Talib. 

Sorry, there is a screen game downfield, which all teams use. Then there is this: a deliberate attempt to injure and remove an oppoising player. 

And no, a flag wouldn't have fixed the game. But having Talib would have been huge. Demaryius Thomas went from zero receptions, to basically taking the game over. 

It was deliberate. If I am Denver, I am watching my back next season. Put one of their precious WRs on a stretcher if the NFL won't do something about it, or take Welker's head clean off, and send him back with a concusion. 

[/QUOTE]

agree, this could be a WHOLE different ball game if Talib was able to play the whole thing. he could island Thomas and let the D run its original gameplan and not fix stuff on the fly and get killed

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Oh no. You mean collisions really happen in a collision sport. Knee on knee is what happened. I still want to know what the extent of the injury is; my guess is Talib might have played this game hurt anyway. Is Denver the same team that got called for chop-blocking routinely years ago? Because this hit is clearly not that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is a no brainer. 

[/QUOTE]

agree, this could be a WHOLE different ball game if Talib was able to play the whole thing. he could island Thomas and let the D run its original gameplan and not fix stuff on the fly and get killed

[/QUOTE]

that defense is totally different with him on the field. Not saying they would have won, but it may have been more competitive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that defense is totally different with him on the field. Not saying they would have won, but it may have been more competitive.

[/QUOTE]

yup, would've been so much more competitive i think.

The way the offense played early on i dont know if we would have enough to get it done but I think it would be a one score game the whole way with Talib in

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I want a big receiver who could go up and get lob passes from brady when things break down 

I want an attacking D with blitz's less zzone I want a bone crushing safety so when Welker lays out cheap hits he'll think twice ( pollard) 

I want fast LB that can cover out in the flats

I want amendola cut, 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want a big receiver who could go up and get lob passes from brady when things break down 

I want an attacking D with blitz's less zzone I want a bone crushing safety so when Welker lays out cheap hits he'll think twice ( pollard) 

I want amendola cut, 

[/QUOTE]

Pollard is a FA. I want him. he havent had an actual SS since Harrison left (see my FA thread)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Pollard is a FA. I want him. he havent had an actual SS since Harrison left (see my FA thread)

NO F'ING WAY.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

I want amendola cut, 

[/QUOTE]

With you on the big receiver, but I think the defense will be a lot better next year when everyone is back healthy. I do think they could use a physical safety to compliment mccourty, but unless Adrian Wilson is back playing like his old self, that's a pipe dream.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Picks occur before the ball is in the air, so it wasn't a pick.  It was just a hit.  Offensive PI at least.  Now they're going to have to give DB's the same protection as defenseless receivers.

it was just a case of a giant helmet making a little guy feel like Conrad Dobler :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

A few realities: 1.  That was CLEARLY a deliberate hit and should have been a penalty at minimum.  I dont think Welker was intending on injuring Talib----but it was a dirty play.  The only intention on Welker's part was to take out Talib on the play----most of the picks in a game or "rubs" are MINIMAL contact. Welker was headed for full contact.  2.  I don't think that changed the overall outcome of the game---the Broncos were superior in every aspect of the game.  Even if Talib stays in the game---he limts Thomas some--but not enough to change the game.  3.  It is curious that the one player the Pats could ill afford to lose on defense was targeted so quickly in the game.  That is bush league and eventually there probably, unfortunately be pay back.  4.  To wish bad physical things on Wes Welker is deplorable.  Just absolute disgusting.  To get people back--the best way is just to beat them.  5.  To whine about how the season ended lessens the value of a season that was way beyond expectations as things unfolded.  The team was resilient through extreme circumstances.  The future is bright---the Pats are a very young team---a couple pick ups for free agents and a decent draft and they will be back at it next year.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NO F'ING WAY.

[/QUOTE]

why not?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I want amendola cut, 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They need some one like pollard physical , yes he's dirty they need some of that.  not a great cover guy but so what he has a presence. I need a safety that receivers will always look over in the corner of the eye. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I want amendola cut, 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They need some one like pollard physical , yes he's dirty they need some of that.  not a great cover guy but so what he has a presence. I need a safety that receivers will always look over in the corner of the eye. 

[/QUOTE]

agree 100% i bet he's better in coverage than chit gregory.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I think when Pollard walks out on the field the refs should call an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]

AlbertBreer
    @AlbertBreer

Here's the actual rule pertaining to Talib/Welker: "If the contact occurs as ball is being touched, there is no offensive pass interference. When it happens all at the same time - the ball being touched and contact elsewhere – it is not a foul. The contact has to be clearly before the ball is touched for it to draw a flag."

---------------

[/QUOTE]

You need to look at the other film clip of this. It clearly shows Talib just focusing on Thomas and never seeing Welker. In fact if look closely you'll notice that Thomas has to change his direction a little to the right to avoid Welker also which explains why he didn't catch the ball and why Talib never really saw Welker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

AlbertBreer
    @AlbertBreer

---------------

[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!

[/QUOTE]

Or he was trying to cover his man? He was trying to take the easiest route to catch Thomas when welker hit him. Can't say I'm surprised welker did this. He is a bitter little man who has had his bell rung a few too many times.

[/QUOTE]

Oh I am sure he was trying to cover his man but if you think he didn't see Welker then you need to look again.  Clearly he he saw Welker, he could have went around Arrington or let Arrington pick him up, instead he went into Welker.  He changes his path and everything. 

As far as the ball getting to Thomas before Welker made contact, yes looking at the other gif I see contact by Welker was made in less then a second before the ball was touched by Thomas.  So techinically it should have been a flag.  But in real time it is too hard to tell so I can clearly see why a flag wasn't thrown.