New Offensive Coordinator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crankeeyankee3. Show crankeeyankee3's posts

Re: New Offensive Coordinator

Belichick is the head coach in New England as long as Brady is the QB.  Then he goes to the front office to be the GM.  That's why this team never replaced Pioli.  No - Belichick's not going to want to be head coach of any post-Brady teams at 65 years old.

If I'm McDaniels, I come back because I'd have the inside track on the HC job in just 4-5 more seasons.  Plus, I'll still have Bill's insight to draw on while he's GM, and the Kraft family will still be in control of the franchise.  

Plus, I'd have a few seasons to groom the backup QB to replace Brady. 

It's a good situation - if you want to wait a few years for it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

If so Sox can do a closer by committee, why not do an Offensive Coordinator by committee of the fans on this board who are all so knowledgeable. LOL

Happy early April Fools !!

Hetchinspete 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

What's wrong with being an OC who is happy being an OC in the NFL with the constant evolution of the game and challenge of learning all the nuances and strategic options that can help win games... ? This job appears to have a lot to sink your brain into, yet guys have been bailing on Brady and BB. Is it the demands of the job? Is it the money? Maybe Bob should realize the value of keeping a smart OC who loves the job enough to keep at it AND GET BETTER AT IT. Obie was OC one season and called plays for two and was average at best. The mcd option falls into this. (Can he get here like tomorrow?) If josh can accept this role. BB likes in house promotions. Maybe this is a variation on that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: New Offensive Coordinator:
    [QUOTE]What's wrong with being an OC who is happy being an OC in the NFL with the constant evolution of the game and challenge of learning all the nuances and strategic options that can help win games... ? This job appears to have a lot to sink your brain into, yet guys have been bailing on Brady and BB. Is it the demands of the job? Is it the money? Maybe Bob should realize the value of keeping a smart OC who loves the job enough to keep at it AND GET BETTER AT IT. Obie was OC one season and called plays for two and was average at best. The mcd option falls into this. (Can he get here like tomorrow?) If josh can accept this role. BB likes in house promotions. Maybe this is a variation on that.
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]

I think it's money and prestige. Lets be honest, how often do the OC and DC get credit when something goes right and how often do they get blamed when it doesn't. For all the hard work they put it they get far more grief then praise. On top of that you get paid a fraction of what a HC gets paid so you get little credit, a lot of blame, and lower pay. Except that the cord's have less to worry about then the HC and it's a bit less stressful there really isn't a huge upside to not wanting to be a HC, esp if they are competitive people. But, some are perfectly content with it, in the end that decision is up to them

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Would be interesting to know what his raise will be going to Penn st... And why do I get the feeling that the pats underpay their coaches ? Hmmmm... Wonder if BB is talking to mcd right now... Time is money. If that is the move, why wait ? Get him in here, hit the ground running, and transition as quickly as possible. Mcd must be jonesing for another crack at the playoffs after 2007 nightmare and 2008 frustration of not getting in. There is something serendipitous about him coming back here and under the circumstances who would be better...? Not sure how much the offense has changed in the past 3 years but my assumption is that he could virtually throw on the headset and trot out there. And how about the added drama and intrigue if Denver beats Pittsburgh ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

Daboll is not an option -- one of the interesting back stories covered in Michael Holley's new book is that Daboll has hard feelings towards Belichick for promoting McDaniels ahead of him in 2007, and Belichick likewise has hard feelings towards Daboll for defecting to the swamps of New Jersey.

Daboll is just as likely to return to NE as Eric Mangini. Besides if you read the stories about how he treated Colt McCoy in Cleveland, I'm not sure I'd want him around some of the younger guys on the offense (Cannon, Ridley, Vereen).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

How about Todd Munken of Oklahoma St.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty will never accept Josh McDaniels as OC and therefore it CANNOT happen.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Right on!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Daboll is not an option -- one of the interesting back stories covered in Michael Holley's new book is that Daboll has hard feelings towards Belichick for promoting McDaniels ahead of him in 2007, and Belichick likewise has hard feelings towards Daboll for defecting to the swamps of New Jersey.   Daboll is just as likely to return to NE as Eric Mangini. Besides if you read the stories about how he treated Colt McCoy in Cleveland, I'm not sure I'd want him around some of the younger guys on the offense (Cannon, Ridley, Vereen).
    Posted by PatsFanWilmingtonDE[/QUOTE]
    Yup I read that, it also mentioned in that book that Daboll didn't want Jackson or Maroney...McDaniels did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

I have thout ever since I saw BB in that documentary on The NFL Network that he was preparing to leave as HC in as few as 2 more years. That show helps him seal his legacy. One more SB win would be maybe the final goal. I agree that he may have been grooming Josh to take over (and maybe had been thinking of Mangini as his succesor prior to Josh, until manginious stabbed him in the back) and may now see this as a second chance to put his personal pick in the HC job. If I'm Josh I run, not walk back to NE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

There are a ton of head coaching vacancies right now and McD might get one...most of these guys, especially if they are young, get another shot. Think Mangini. 

I would welcome him back. He should maybe take another coordinator job until he's really ready to head coach cuz the next chance might be his last. Think Mangini, nobody is throwing his name around. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If Josh comes back it will be to get his graduate degree as his AA wasn't enough to cut it as an HC..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

If only Romeo Crennel would come back...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Offensive Coordinator : Thanks for not throwing me under the bus.   Your post makes sense....if and I think that's a big if..... BB has his sights on retirement in the next few years. I think BB wants to go down as the greatest coach in the history of the game. He will be considered the greatest if: He wins five SB's as a HC, and he wins a SB or takes a team deep into the playoffs without TB12.   Can McDaniels wait that long? 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

I have been watching BB's winning percentage. he has been climbing steadily but he is still twenty-first behind George Seifert. I think there are six active coaches ahead of him now, including Sean Payton and Mike McCarthy. A few more years like this and he might be way up there near the likes of (dare I say it) John Madden, who is currently second.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

[QUOTE]Daboll is not an option -- one of the interesting back stories covered in Michael Holley's new book is that Daboll has hard feelings towards Belichick for promoting McDaniels ahead of him in 2007, and Belichick likewise has hard feelings towards Daboll for defecting to the swamps of New Jersey.   Daboll is just as likely to return to NE as Eric Mangini. Besides if you read the stories about how he treated Colt McCoy in Cleveland, I'm not sure I'd want him around some of the younger guys on the offense (Cannon, Ridley, Vereen).
    Posted by PatsFanWilmingtonDE[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is I heard Michael Holley talking about this very subject after I wrote the earlier post on Daboll.  I forgot that he went to the Jets with Mangini.  So ya we can forget about Daboll.