New Patriot first down record...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

New Patriot first down record...

... is there any doubt McDaniel's is the man?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: New Patriot first down record...

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We would have lost this game with Obrien calling plays.35 1ST DOWNS.....team record! Case closed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Great game again.  It certainly helps to have the skill set he has now.  They'll always be looking to improve.  One tendency that I noticed and Simms pointed out - when TB is under center with a RB in the backfield it was 99% of the time a run.  Gotta be more unpredictable.  But, overall, another solid win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

What evidence do you have that the Pats would have lost with O'Brien. They smashed the Broncos twice last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

notice that we started having problems when the d went cover 2...and, for some inexplicable reason, they abandoned the run temporarily and tried to pass all day?

I just don't know why the Patriots don't get the killer instinct and put the pedal to the metal on both sides of the ball.

McD is getting better.... :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

notice that we started having problems when the d went cover 2...and, for some inexplicable reason, they abandoned the run temporarily and tried to pass all day?

I just don't know why the Patriots don't get the killer instinct and put the pedal to the metal on both sides of the ball.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bubba, I'm on the phone with my brother now and I just said the same thing about going away from the run after Denver scored their last TD. When you can run the ball like that I say keep slamming it. Also agree that the Pats Defense seems to play great until the Offense get some points up and we sit back a little. I like this team a lot. We're better than last year and look where we landed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I actually said Vollmer had his worse game and sprained his knee. I heard 3-4 weeks. I also said Mankins was solid, and have not heard any news on his injury.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Rerun85's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bubba, I'm on the phone with my brother now and I just said the same thing about going away from the run after Denver scored their last TD. When you can run the ball like that I say keep slamming it. Also agree that the Pats Defense seems to play great until the Offense get some points up and we sit back a little. I like this team a lot. We're better than last year and look where we landed.

[/QUOTE]

You don't have a brother!  Mt Hurlie said so!  He's a cupcakemesiter!

[/QUOTE]

I must of Missed that post. However, We're all brothers in my book. LOL

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

McDaniels will be the man when he guides this offense to a superbowl victory

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You missed the post where RKarp and Hurlie are morons?  Didn't you hear?  RKarp says that 250 yards on the ground by Von Miller and Dumervil as elite defenders was "domination" by Miller and Dumervil!

RKarp is a smart guy! Stick with him! lmao

[/QUOTE]

I try not to get caught up with the team bashing especiallly when this has a chance to be one of our best running games since Hannah left. I'd much rather enjoy the team than rip away. Until the end of season anyway.

2 weeks in a row against very good defensive fronts. I was just looking down the schedule and thinking the only challenge better than these 2 ahead of us are the 49ers and Houston should be tough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to Rerun85's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it was weird, they were having such consistent success running with ridley and Bolden, and it was complementing the passing game really nicely. Then poof, McD tries to get greedy

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Seriously people, is there any other human being youve ever seen that looks more like a real life Frankenstein than Peyton Manning? Whats with the red helmet marks on the forehead? No one else has them to that degree, and I think its because his forehead is so oversized that they cant find a helmet to fit him properly. Honestly, who has a forehead that tall? Thats gotta be some kind of record too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

This is the best offense we've ever had, it's better than 07. In 2007 they peaked earl and slowed down the stretch. This offense is going to get a lot better, scary!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is the best offense we've ever had, it's better than 07. In 2007 they peaked earl and slowed down the stretch. This offense is going to get a lot better, scary!

[/QUOTE]

Won't score as many points as 2007 but if it keeps developing will be more balanced and cannot be disrupted as easily by a good defense as the 2007 one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Way too early to say this. The 2004 offense was great also. This offense is very good so far but they were very good last year too. i think if Brady can stay healthy (too many hits on him today ) and Ridley holds onto the ball this could be like 2004. The one diference is 2004 had a very good defense. This years defense is better than last years but the Bronco's recievers did appear to be open for most of the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The best way to protect the Patriots defense, even if Peyton is getting old and inaccurate on long passes, is to keep the Patriots offense on the field, grinding it out 11 yards at a time forever, not allowing Denver to substitute, turning Denver's defense into orange marmalade by the fourth quarter.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's that killer instict that lost us a Superbowl . That same killer instict couple weeks ago lost against the Ravens.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Think McDaniels calls a great game 90 % of time but on 3rd and 1 at the goal line in the 2nd QTR and they run - Denver had 9 guys in the box-- TB has to audible out and go play action--like McD way better than O Brien though!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the opposite.

i know you have personal issues with reading my posts, 

but anyone who would like check out my thread,

"nice win howeva......"

record # first downs, dominated game plus 2 turnovers and game was close...

check out the thread

this offese is so good, josh can be spotty and win or poor and just barely lose.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

89 offensive plays (and 54 runs) is ridiculous.  Loved the way they went hurry up but running rather than passing.  It prevented the Broncos from subbing defenders.  In some ways it is similar to the strategy employed last week.  It seems like Josh is trying to keep the defense in pass-defense mode, then run against them.  In Buffalo, the Bills seemed reluctant to come out of a pass defense because they were worried about the Pats' receivers.  This week, Josh didn't even give the Broncos a chance to change their defense, going hurry up as soon as they committed to a pass-focused personnel package.

Not sure if others noticed, but the Pats opening drive appeared to be a typical Bill O'Brien type spread drive.  That got the Broncos into the defensive mode Josh wanted them to be in, then he switched over to the run in a hurry-up offense.  Can't wait to re-watch this game, because it was an interesting strategic approach.  The Pats also seemed to employ a fair amount of five-wide spread/shotgun formations through the game.  Again, that seemed to force the Broncos to keep respecting the pass, which then opens up the run.  

Josh's approach so far is to use the Pats' long-time strength (the passing game) to set up the run.  This is not a case of the run setting up the pass, but the pass setting up the run.  The good thing is with Ridley, we have a back who is explosive enough to make it work. (He's getting over 5 ypc, I believe.)  The question will be whether they'll keep him on the field this year despite the occasional fumble.  Bolden has also run well, but Ridley is the guy who really knows how to get yards on his own, beyond what the blockers give him.