New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive

It is pretty funny that a team that was let into the playoffs is now a superbowl favorite!!! Apparently it is the addition of Antonio "I have a new baby all the time" Cromartie that puts them over the top.
    There are other funny things. Belichick is a coach that does his job without a lot of talk. and yet  he is hated. And then Rex Cryin Ryan is considered a breath of fresh air for all his loud-mouther pronouncements.
    How do the patriots, with all their success over the last decade, suddenly end up as a distant picture in the rear-view mirror? It is the media hype machine.
    The pats may be rebuilding but there is no question hey end up on top again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Re: New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive

I have a feeling that this is a go for broke year and all of the guys with baggage will be able to function for the short term.  But it could go either way.  They'll either stow away their egos (and cease impregnating random women across the US) long enough to pull it all together.  Or they'll be a sniping, whining team of me-first big mouths.  But I said months ago that the Jets emulating the Raiders will hurt them in the long term, because it's hard to root for a team that has so many guys that are just bad news.   

I hope they get Adalius Thomas, trade for Roethlisberger, Shawne Williams, Pacman Jones and get every punk in the book so I can hate that team more than ever. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They've got alot of attention but I don't think that equates to SB favorites.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Perfect - I would rather be the underdog...

BB will exploit this well :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to Re: New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive:
    Perfect - I would rather be the underdog... BB will exploit this well :-)
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

who cares who the media picks to win it all.  Let the Jets deal with the pressure for a change.  I'm willing to bet they can't handle it.  Its good to be the king sort of.  Better to be the prince, nobody hates the prince and apparently thats the Pats this year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive : Why is it commonly believed that pot is related to being a live and let live lifestyle.  Rob is stoned all the time and is just a plain hater.  You must hate Randy Moss, right? 
    Posted by bjesuss

Well, guess I was wrong in letting bjesuss of the hook, for sounding like a self-righteous & presumptuous rude pr!ck in that other thread...my mistake folks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Laz, u dont have him on ignore yet?  I know I do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive : Well, guess I was wrong in letting bjesuss of the hook, for sounding like a self-righteous & presumptuous rude pr!ck in that other thread...my mistake folks.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Laz,

What have you been up to?  Did see you on the draft thread this year.  Any way, the Jets are over rated.  Their off season moves IMO weakened the team, not helped it.  Let's study this.

1)  They cut Alan Faneca who in a bad year is better than Ducasse.  A rookie over a proven commodity.
    2)  They let Leon Washington go replacing him with always hurt Joe McKnight and unproven KR Kyle Wilson.  Rookies over a proven commodities.
    3)  This is the biggest blunder, they let Thomas Jones go in favor of washed up, over-the-hill LaDanian Tomlinson.  Are you kidding me?  A sure 1,200 yard performer for a "lucky-if-I'm-still-walking-by-week 8" has been.
    4)  Okay they signed Jason Taylor.  At 36, he isn't scaring anyone.
    5)  They traded a 5th round pick for Santonio Holmes.  They get a troubled player in week 5!!  Okay, a talent and worth the risk - perhaps.
    6)  They get Antonio Cromartie who was doing so good for SD they couldn't wait to let him go.  Maybe he turns it around some.
    7)  This is the kicker.  The Jets are getting an A for such a good draft.  Are you Sh*tting me????  They had 4 picks in arguably the deepest draft in 35 years.  Kyle Wilson headlines the draft.  Another potentially great CB, already a position of strength.  He's a KR and a nickle at best, just like McCourty only he has an ego bigger than his RV.  The next pick was on a OG that got lit up at the Senior Bowl.  To complete this stellar draft they take two RBs; the oft injured McKnight who is destined to be another disappointing skill player from USC and John Conner, who might be their 2nd best pick IMO.

The best part of all is they have a nice TV mini series leading up to the season.  This is perfect fodder for Herr Belichick.  The Jets will be toasted, not with Super Bowl Champagne but by getting their As kicked all year long.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive : I get it, drip drip like a faucet, right. I love that, every move they made is horrible.  Wy aren't you working in the NFL with all that insight.  I suppose you will come post  your apologies when things work out just fine?  
    Posted by bjesuss

Why don't you stay on NY sites you troll?  Place your bet son, Pats vs. Jets for best record, straight up. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

BJESUSS - Faucet just post 7 valid reasons and you can't refute any of them...  The JETS are a dud and yes, at best, solid day-time television fodder. 

Even the NYPOST thinks this team isn't going to be better than .500...  How do aging, disgruntled, whiners and disconnects 3 - 4 years removed from their prime help a team?  And NOW they want Adalius?!?! AWESOME!  Grab him, he fits right in.  While you're at it grab M. Vick, he's former pro-bowler too!

Lol, stop trying to convince yourself the Jets will even surpass the Bills this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I have a feeling that this is a go for broke year and all of the guys with baggage will be able to function for the short term.  But it could go either way.  They'll either stow away their egos (and cease impregnating random women across the US) long enough to pull it all together.  Or they'll be a sniping, whining team of me-first big mouths.  But I said months ago that the Jets emulating the Raiders will hurt them in the long term, because it's hard to root for a team that has so many guys that are just bad news.    I hope they get Adalius Thomas, trade for Roethlisberger, Shawne Williams, Pacman Jones and get every punk in the book so I can hate that team more than ever. 
    Posted by BrooklineRob

All they need s T.O. andthe stew will be complete.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DogenHanda. Show DogenHanda's posts

In Response to Re: New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive : All they need s T.O. andthe stew will be complete.
    Posted by antibody

....and Roy Williams from Dallas to put them over the top...LOL!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive:
    It is pretty funny that a team that was let into the playoffs is now a superbowl favorite!!!Posted by sirpinochle

LOL, Let in is too nice. the Colts laid down and then so did the Bengals.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to Re: New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive : Which game did Cincy lay down? Was it the 31-0 or the 24-14?  You should stop getting all your sports info from the Pats discussion board.
    Posted by bjesuss

get real dude, cincy laid down in their regular season meeting, playing a vanilla offense and defense and the colts pulled some of their starters (peyton manning) at half.  Its OK you guys had a nice playoff run, you got hot at the right time, those teams serving up victories to the jets at the end of the season helped them out, but don't count on that this year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive : Figurative might be the word you are looking for.  Sarcastic is more like "Wow! You are really smart"
    Posted by bjesuss

No, sarcastic is the right word.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Hey Bjesuss! Are you really this dumb???? Do you know that the green slime hasn't won a Super Bowl...been in a Super Bowl....in over 41 years??????????????????  Winning one early season game against us last season doesn't count......clown.