Re: New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive
posted at 5/2/2010 12:08 AM EDT
In Response to Re: New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive
In Response to Re: New York Media Hype Machine Is In Overdrive : Well, guess I was wrong in letting bjesuss of the hook, for sounding like a self-righteous & presumptuous rude pr!ck in that other thread...my mistake folks.
Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium
What have you been up to? Did see you on the draft thread this year. Any way, the Jets are over rated. Their off season moves IMO weakened the team, not helped it. Let's study this.
1) They cut Alan Faneca who in a bad year is better than Ducasse. A rookie over a proven commodity.
2) They let Leon Washington go replacing him with always hurt Joe McKnight and unproven KR Kyle Wilson. Rookies over a proven commodities.
3) This is the biggest blunder, they let Thomas Jones go in favor of washed up, over-the-hill LaDanian Tomlinson. Are you kidding me? A sure 1,200 yard performer for a "lucky-if-I'm-still-walking-by-week 8" has been.
4) Okay they signed Jason Taylor. At 36, he isn't scaring anyone.
5) They traded a 5th round pick for Santonio Holmes. They get a troubled player in week 5!! Okay, a talent and worth the risk - perhaps.
6) They get Antonio Cromartie who was doing so good for SD they couldn't wait to let him go. Maybe he turns it around some.
7) This is the kicker. The Jets are getting an A for such a good draft. Are you Sh*tting me???? They had 4 picks in arguably the deepest draft in 35 years. Kyle Wilson headlines the draft. Another potentially great CB, already a position of strength. He's a KR and a nickle at best, just like McCourty only he has an ego bigger than his RV. The next pick was on a OG that got lit up at the Senior Bowl. To complete this stellar draft they take two RBs; the oft injured McKnight who is destined to be another disappointing skill player from USC and John Conner, who might be their 2nd best pick IMO.
The best part of all is they have a nice TV mini series leading up to the season. This is perfect fodder for Herr Belichick. The Jets will be toasted, not with Super Bowl Champagne but by getting their As kicked all year long.