Next 5 Games Will Be Telling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Next 5 Games Will Be Telling

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130922-jim-donaldson-nice-win-for-pats-but-contenders-await.ece

I think this is where we will find out how far the team has come....or not.  The sooner injured starters can come back, the better. If not, the rookies will have to continue to learn and grow.  In addition, we'll find out how good the defense is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Next 5 Games Will Be Telling

Agreed, the extended preseason is over now it's gut check time. It will be a good measure to see what this team can do, esp the D

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

For sure...  but these wins give the pats a cushion  and also the old tried and true advantage of sneaking up on some of these teams.  Pats will not be favored the next 2 weeks and this will help them along with their stacked Defense.

This defense will start scaring teams pretty soon if they're not already.  They can stuff your running game , rush the passer and cover.  Gregory is playing fast and confident alongside McCourty.  Same with corners...  Talib seems to have injected confidence and aggression to this group .  Wow.  Nink, Jones Kelly wilfork....  Its not fair.

And then you have the linebackers who compliment each other.  Spikes to stuff the 4th and 1....  Hightower to run with the backs out of the backfield ( did you see the coverage on that play down the sideline?.. Perfect).  And then mayo who does it all and QBs the unit.

Wow...  Where is the weakness? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

For sure...  but these wins give the pats a cushion  and also the old tried and true advantage of sneaking up on some of these teams.  Pats will not be favored the next 2 weeks and this will help them along with their stacked Defense.

This defense will start scaring teams pretty soon if they're not already.  They can stuff your running game , rush the passer and cover.  Gregory is playing fast and confident alongside McCourty.  Same with corners...  Talib seems to have injected confidence and aggression to this group .  Wow.  Nink, Jones Kelly wilfork....  Its not fair.

And then you have the linebackers who compliment each other.  Spikes to stuff the 4th and 1....  Hightower to run with the backs out of the backfield ( did you see the coverage on that play down the sideline?.. Perfect).  And then mayo who does it all and QBs the unit.

Wow...  Where is the weakness

the weakness on offense is clearly the rookies inexperience (until Gronk and/or DA return). Then on defense, there are some who say the Patriots defense haven't faced a decent quarterback/offense.  The OL seem to struggle early in the games re: protecting Brady, but seem to be adjusting during the game. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I love that we were able to win these first 3 that we were supposed to win, even if it wasn't pretty at times. Realistically, I'd take 3-2 over the next 5, as it is a pretty tough stretch. We're showing signs of improvement week to week, and if that continues then we will be in great shape going into the second half of the season. Go Pats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

For sure the next 3 weeks are going to tell us a lot. Falcons, Bengals and Saints are a couple steps above the Bills, Jets and Bucs in the talent department.  I like that we have the Saints in 3 weeks, we will be able to tell what they are really made of going against the Dolphins and Bears the next 2 weeks.  Before the season even started I had the Pats going 1-2 these next 3 games, by the looks of it the Falcons are having some problems and the Saints have been a little slow out of the gate.  The Bengals have been a bit better then I expected.   So it wil be very interesting.  Of course the key is Gronk and Amendola.  If both could be on the field these next 3 games the chances of going 1-2, 2-1 would be much better with them. 

I'm still not sold on the Dolphins just yet.

I did not like how Arrington and Dennard looked yesterday.  Both looked lost out there, Dennard much more then Arrington.  Arrington can only play slot, please never move him out wide in coverage, he is horrible.  Falcons and Saints are going to be huge tests for these two.  If they can do well against them then it will be very promising.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Umm... they have no cushion.

The Fins, who just happened to beat Atlanta are also 3-0..

The weakness is so far, they have played first & second game rookie QB's and dysfunctional QB's who had a big hand in beating themselves.

Maybe temper that "world beater" thing until they actually play a functional offense?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I love that we were able to win these first 3 that we were supposed to win, even if it wasn't pretty at times. Realistically, I'd take 3-2 over the next 5, as it is a pretty tough stretch. We're showing signs of improvement week to week, and if that continues then we will be in great shape going into the second half of the season. Go Pats!

3-2 over the next 5 games would be good.  Miami has a tough 5 game stretch too. Not sure how realistic it will be to create much separation in the next 5 games.  However, Miami did put some pressure on the Pats when they beat Atlanta.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Every game is telling and they all count.  All that matters in the end is do you make the playoffs and what success can you have there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

the defense, must create turnovers in this games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:

Every game is telling and they all count.  All that matters in the end is do you make the playoffs and what success can you have there.

Absolutely.  Make the playoffs, go in healthy, maybe some momentum, and a lil lady luck Laughing

It's been fun watching so far....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

the defense, must create turnovers in this games.

yes, the ballhawking skills have to be there.  Even though they didn't count as turnovers, stopping Tampa on several 4th downs was sweeeet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They are 3-0 and that is great.  The opposing QBs have been a joke so far, so I'm not trumpeting the Pats domination just yet.  Next week should also be a bit easier with Atlanta being dinged up.  As the season wears on and real tough opponents are faced, we'll know if this is a really good team or a product of a simple schedule to start the season.

My guess is somewhere in the middle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

keys to the defense: 

1: create turnovers

2: no big plays, like long passes to Julio Jones, long passes from Brees and Green big plays

3: cover the TE, this trio have really good TE 

4: pressure the QB, if the Defense let this 3 guys( especially Brees and Ryan) have a lot of time to throw we will have trouble

5: play with toughness

now the keys to the offense

1: don't turn it over

2: run the football

3: protect the QB

4: no three and outs

5: efficiency in the red zone

6: long drives

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

along with their stacked Defense.

This defense will start scaring teams pretty soon if they're not already.

They have faced 2 rookies and a never was, and you are talking like they are the '85 Bears. LMAO

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

They are 3-0 and that is great.  The opposing QBs have been a joke so far, so I'm not trumpeting the Pats domination just yet.  Next week should also be a bit easier with Atlanta being dinged up.  As the season wears on and real tough opponents are faced, we'll know if this is a really good team or a product of a simple schedule to start the season.

What a troll.

[/QUOTE]

But Queenie Handbanger, what about our deal?

Queenie prediction :"Jets will not win more than 2 more games this year"

Deal proposal to Queenie Handbanger.  Jets win more than 2 more games this year (5 or more games total), you leave and never ever return under any name.  Jets win 2 or fewer games (total of 4 or less) and I do.

Crickets.... crickets..  What a gigantic vigina.

[/QUOTE]

Nope, he will not accept that bet.  He wouldn't know what to do or where to go if he lost.  He would end up coming back here as someone else.

Plus he never gets involved in any of the games, competitions here as he is afraid opf being exposed as a fraud.  You see him in the Pick em contest on here?  How about the knockout lcontest?  Last season?   NOPE to all the above  He has no clue about the game. He never played before. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

again, time will tell.  Will definately be fun watching not only our games, but the dolphin's games as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

I think that the next 13 games also will be telling.

as long as the Patriots make the playoffs, I don't really care what their regular season record is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

They have faced 2 rookies and a never was, and you are talking like they are the '85 Bears. LMAO

I agree with you.  Definately not close to being the '85 Bears (but not many are  Laughing)

Hopefully, adding Kelly was enough - but  I'm still concerned about the defensive backs. As long as they continue to improve above and beyond the end of last year - it may be enough.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

Umm... they have no cushion.

The Fins, who just happened to beat Atlanta are also 3-0..

The weakness is so far, they have played first & second game rookie QB's and dysfunctional QB's who had a big hand in beating themselves.

Maybe temper that "world beater" thing until they actually play a functional offense?

[/QUOTE]

Good point, their cushion in the division is zero.  agree about the competition but freeman, Jackson and Williams are good, if not great.

Disagree on tempering enthusiasm.  If you can't get excited about this defense you should maybe recharge the defibrillator...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

along with their stacked Defense.

This defense will start scaring teams pretty soon if they're not already.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah sure, the '85 bears.  Well,  I don't need to wait until its slapping me in the face, like apparently you do, to recognize an emerging dominant unit.  BB has mostly restrained these guys from their potential, but go ahead and LYAO. 

I'll make sure to bump your comments when I turn out to be right.