Next Man Up - Collins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Next Man Up - Collins

http://www.patsfans.com/blogs/derek/2013/10/16/next-man-up-jamie-collins-comes-into-focus/

Will be interesting to see how the pieces are moved around, like Nink, Collins, Fletcher....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: Next Man Up - Collins

The Pats team site has Steve Beauharnais (Rutgers) listed as the starter in Mayo's spot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Do you think the league will let the Pats play 7 on 7 the rest of the year?  If not, the team is going to resemble Football Fantasy Camp pretty soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats team site has Steve Beauharnais (Rutgers) listed as the starter in Mayo's spot

[/QUOTE]

Yup, ILB, we'll see though, hopefully he gotten a bit stronger since camp. One of our two 7th rounders with Buchannon being the other....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's really too bad because NJ, like the NY Jets, is a pile of pig pus....the kid is a sub, at best, not the starter...that's something that pig faced swine Ryan would do with the Jets...wouldn't you agree Rico....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's really too bad because NJ, like the NY Jets, is a pile of pig pus....the kid is a sub, at best, not the starter...that's something that pig faced swine Ryan would do with the Jets...wouldn't you agree Rico....

[/QUOTE]

Why are you so obsessed with Jets, Giants, Rex Ryan, Bustchise?  I don't get it.  Do you add anything here other then trying to snif out jet trolls?  Which by the way you are terrible at that.  Bustchise really has you going crazy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why are you so obsessed with Jets, Giants, Rex Ryan, Bustchise?  I don't get it.  Do you add anything here other then trying to snif out jet trolls?  Which by the way you are terrible at that.  Bustchise really has you going crazy. 

[/QUOTE]

Hiya Bustchise...how's the Jet family of Trolls on BDC...say hello to Uncle Rico for me...has he gotten the ankle bracelet off yet, and can he leave the house ? Does he still have to stay away from kids? Have the police told the neighbors he's living in your house yet? Must be tough, huh?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I liked what I saw of Collins this summer. Really fast for 250 pound guy. I simply never saw him as a cover backer in camp. I assumed he would rush the passer off the edge...he reminded me of Miller in Denver...

I have not been impressed so far with him in actual games...he has not rushed the passer yet...and I think his cover skills are not such an upgrade over Mayo or Hightower (who both are mediocre in coverage imo)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I liked what I saw of Collins this summer. Really fast for 250 pound guy. I simply never saw him as a cover backer in camp. I assumed he would rush the passer off the edge...he reminded me of Miller in Denver...

I have not been impressed so far with him in actual games...he has not rushed the passer yet...and I think his cover skills are not such an upgrade over Mayo or Hightower (who both are mediocre in coverage imo)

[/QUOTE]

BB stated that Collins was being moved around alot in training camp to find out where his best skills were...but that his atleticism would let him fill may roles...he is a rookie still learning the D although it sounds like he's an apt student and puts his time in...we'll all find out what his skills are real time...he'll either do it or he won't...he appears to be ok, will need seasoning to get better...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's barely played behind Mayo, Spikes and Hightower.  Your analysis skills are brutal.

[/QUOTE]

And BB hasn't blitzed his lbs all that much. There are certain teams I wish he would tho

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

Hiya Bustchise...how's the Jet family of Trolls on BDC...say hello to Uncle Rico for me...has he gotten the ankle bracelet off yet, and can he leave the house ? Does he still have to stay away from kids? Have the police told the neighbors he's living in your house yet? Must be tough, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Yep! He is still in your head!  You poor guy, you need some friends.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

His time to shine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I envisioned him in a Miller type of roll too...same size...a tick slower...had some pass rush production in college. I thought at the very least he'd be our Mark Anderson speed guy - either way we'll be seeing a lot more of him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I envisioned him in a Miller type of roll too...same size...a tick slower...had some pass rush production in college. I thought at the very least he'd be our Mark Anderson speed guy - either way we'll be seeing a lot more of him.

[/QUOTE]

Collins had a tough time w/ Gonzo, but most do.  Doesn't matter, Patriots are gonna have to play someone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB stated that Collins was being moved around alot in training camp to find out where his best skills were...but that his atleticism would let him fill may roles...he is a rookie still learning the D although it sounds like he's an apt student and puts his time in...we'll all find out what his skills are real time...he'll either do it or he won't...he appears to be ok, will need seasoning to get better...

[/QUOTE]

Good post. RKrap clueless.  Like I said, it's not like a DE like a Buchanan where you tell him to go in and do one thing in sub situations.

The LBs are asked to do a lot here.

[/QUOTE]

Right but as rookies they are brought along slowly and generally aren't given as much responsibility...hence why he thought they'd use him as a situational pass rusher. Look at Fletcher, as a rookie they had him mostly just rushing off the edge and maybe blitzing from the middle. You've got to remember that Collins is a very raw player that doesn't have a lot of experience at linebacker to begin with.