Next week come out throwing!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Next week come out throwing!

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

You're becoming quite interesting to read these days wozzy. I have for some time viewed your claims regarding D-hogs with high regard. There are few here who appear to have a handle on that part of the team like you do.

I think you're right. We will run on them, but the greater damage could well come from the pass in this one. I really think when they watch film they are going to get a bit wobbly in the knees when they see Blount's escapades of recent weeks, and that may cause them to over compensate for the potential knife in the heart from him on the ground.

We've come a long way Babe.

One thing that might also work well in our case against Denver would be the single back offense.  Spread their defenders out and use a lot of stretch runs and counters like I said earlier.  This will create more one on one situations where Blount only has one man to beat at the line of scrimmage and he has the advantage.

Patslifer if Dobson is healthy and playing he will provide another layer to the pass game, he will free up Amendola and Edelmen underneath or he will provide some long bomb receptions, I hope he is back for the final two games.  I think we're a better team now than when we played Denver the first time.

These final two games will be a challenge.  If we get by the Broncos the NFC winner will be the best team we've faced all year, that will be a closely contested game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

judging how Denver was hell bent on stopping SD run... If Denver comes out looking to stop run early...I say play action...Amendola n Collie will be key. As for running to set up play action...the last few weeks on film has already set up our play action! We can now set up the run with some creative play calling on play action. Make no mistake run Blount into the ground but don't miss out on opportunities to exploit a soft secondary. 

[/QUOTE]

1) Two weeks of ground-focused O does not erase 6 years of pass-oriented track record, from Ds' minds.

2) Don't even compare SD's ground game with the Pats' - from RB to OL, no comparison

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think we will come out and execute a highly efficient offense. I truly believe that Tom Brady will play his best post season game since 2004. For the 1st time in almost a decade a playoff defense is going to come into this match worried about our commitment to playing smash mouth football.

They will be forced to commit extra defenders to stopping the run and Brady will be looking at single coverages on multiple outlets for the 1st time in a long time. His favorite receiver will be the open one, his timely passes and reliance on the run and play action will result in 1st downs and long sustained td drives.

We will have good field position for the duration of the game and our defense will benefit from it. We will frustrate peyton as he watches the game get away from him, while his career is grinded into an abyss by Blount, Ridley, Vareen and a vintage arch rival Tom Brady. Glory, Glory, Hallelujah,  the Patriots will go back to the SB!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NE had sold the run so well in the last few games it is likley a play action will work on the first series.

[/QUOTE]

UNLEss.......   Denver is onto it.    Meaning,  Denver knows that Brady is itching to throw the ball.   They know they have lost a CB.  they know that Patriots offense is capable of going spread in a heartbeat.... 

[/QUOTE]

Like the Half-back option, use the run to your advantage. Deception.

[/QUOTE]

How can you make that statement?  Since when has Brady indicated he is "itching" to throw the ball?  Was Brady "itching" to throw the ball against the Colts? How many pass plays were attempted into the end zone last Saturday.  I do not recall a single one.  Manning, on the other hand, threw as soon as the Broncos were inside the 5 with his two passing TDs going a total of 6 yards combined.  Who is the pass happy QB of the two?

[/QUOTE]

I seriously believe that Brady wants to throw the ball because he works so hard at it and he believes he can execute.  He is a QB.  Handing it off takes no talent.   He is itching to do what he does.    It is a phrase ....  in other words,  Brady and MCD will throw the ball willy nilly.  Don't need a reason.  they do it because they believe it will succeed.  Cept they are a little blind to examples of failed spread series like up 14-7 agianst the colts.  3 and out, after coming out spread on 1st down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we will come out and execute a highly efficient offense. I truly believe that Tom Brady will play his best post season game since 2004. For the 1st time in almost a decade a playoff defense is going to come into this match worried about our commitment to playing smash mouth football.

They will be forced to commit extra defenders to stopping the run and Brady will be looking at single coverages on multiple outlets for the 1st time in a long time. His favorite receiver will be the open one, his timely passes and reliance on the run and play action will result in 1st downs and long sustained td drives.

We will have good field position for the duration of the game and our defense will benefit from it. We will frustrate peyton as he watches the game get away from him, while his career is grinded to in an abyss by Blount, Ridley, Vareen and a vintage arch rival Tom Brady. Glory, Glory, Hallelujah,  the Patriots will go back to the SB!

[/QUOTE]

Amen

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Harris tore his ACL and he's out.  He was a big reason the Bolts couldn't get their offense going.  Once Jammer came in, Rivers threw all over him.  79 yards total offense the first 3 quarters.  Over 150 in the fourth.  Expect there to be a lot more passing this week.  50 degrees and mild.

BB should and will take advantage of this hole in the Broncos D

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We will have good field position for the duration of the game and our defense will benefit from it. We will frustrate peyton as he watches the game get away from him, while his career is grinded to in an abyss by Blount, Ridley, Vareen and a vintage arch rival Tom Brady. Glory, Glory, Hallelujah,  the Patriots will go back to the SB!

[/QUOTE]

I think the difference for the donkey D this time is going to be Blount. He is a legit HR threat. That puts fear in a D. It sticks in the back of their mind, and rightly so. And that can make DBs look over their shoulder a bit which will enhance the passing prospects.

On D, if Collins is for real, that could be the X factor we have been missing that will make all the difference. He does look good covering TEs, yet he can be effective rushing and run stopping as well. The massive effect of that cannot be understated. That allows both safetys to help cover the WRs and not worry about the TE so much, and that is a tall order for any passing game to deal with.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Pats are now a running team

The Pats are also not predictable

McD will mix it up

BTW in the colts game = BB said that TB checked into better run plays than the ones called from the sidelines and they were great calls yeilding good runs

We actually saw a run play out of the shot gun. If they sneak 8 in the box and especailly with Von Miller and their CB out, and they have an average saftey, I expect to see more passes than last week -

I think we are better off being physical and that is thru the run, but i wont be surprised if the dagger to the donkeys heart will be passing plays

Watched the last Denver games last nite. Mankins was a beast on a few runs. And Brady was effective in the shotgun in the come back.

I am optimistic about this game, as i was the colts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

You're becoming quite interesting to read these days wozzy. I have for some time viewed your claims regarding D-hogs with high regard. There are few here who appear to have a handle on that part of the team like you do.

I think you're right. We will run on them, but the greater damage could well come from the pass in this one. I really think when they watch film they are going to get a bit wobbly in the knees when they see Blount's escapades of recent weeks, and that may cause them to over compensate for the potential knife in the heart from him on the ground.

[/QUOTE]

We've come a long way Babe.

One thing that might also work well in our case against Denver would be the single back offense.  Spread their defenders out and use a lot of stretch runs and counters like I said earlier.  This will create more one on one situations where Blount only has one man to beat at the line of scrimmage and he has the advantage.

Patslifer if Dobson is healthy and playing he will provide another layer to the pass game, he will free up Amendola and Edelmen underneath or he will provide some long bomb receptions, I hope he is back for the final two games.  I think we're a better team now than when we played Denver the first time.

These final two games will be a challenge.  If we get by the Broncos the NFC winner will be the best team we've faced all year, that will be a closely contested game.

[/QUOTE]

I think the startling developments that might just get us there this year are Blount and Collins. If they are as good as they seem right now, they inject a massive dose of whup-azz into both sides of the ball.

I like our chances if the mistakes are minimized.

And this week we do also have the Manning/Welker choke legend going for us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Balance will bring us the W.

Right now we are a team can run and pass, lets take advantage of that... Denver will not know what hit them.

This way we can also control de clock. Lets give manning 7 - 8 drives.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I don't expect them to run for 200+ yards this week, but I do expect the Pats to figure out early what is working, not wait until the 4th quarter to figure it out like San Diego did. Denver had a much better rush defense than pass defense this year. Pats had 116 yards rushing in that game, but only averaged 3.7 ypc. If the passing game works early and often, that should open the running game up some more as well. Here are the receiving stats from the last game which was in a driving rain and wind storm. Pats torched their secondary in that weather, and that was before Harris was hurt. With Gronk out, Amendola and Collie (or maybe Dobson) need to step it up big time this week. The weather is supposed to be perfect, 58 and light winds, nothing like it was the last time.