next years draft- patriots 1st rd pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianchamp25. Show italianchamp25's posts

next years draft- patriots 1st rd pick

i know spending a number one pick on a wr is foolish but if the pats get the chance of drafting dez bryant (out of oklahoma state) then they should draft him. lets face it, bryant is the most talented wr in college football right now and he has great hands size and height, reminds me of calvin johnson a lot. what you guys think

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianchamp25. Show italianchamp25's posts

Re: next years draft- patriots 1st rd pick

correction: i believe the first round pick they got from oakland is a 2011 not 2010

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

mmmmm 

not a receiver

how about a linebacker

say... Brandon Spikes?

you know bill first of all . He will not draft a receiver. The transition is too difficult and bill likes experience.... perhaps OCHO CINCO in a couple. It has been sounding like bill and tom brady are starting to sell him. 

I also like Bryant and while I would love to see him in N.E. Feels similiar to my feelings last year with percy harvin, I like him but realize that it is not realistic. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianchamp25. Show italianchamp25's posts

well dez bryant is more of a calvin johnson, then percy harvin. bryant has great hands, you see him jumping over defenders and catching the ball, he also has bigger size and height than percy.The nfl transition is difficult but with his size and hands, hes going to be good in this league..lets hope he doesnt skip his senior year so we can draft him in 2011.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Let's all remember our last "sure thing" at WR...Chad Jackson! I think he's selling cars now. I'd love to see them get Spikes, but I'm hoping they'd have to trade up to get him! They do have some extra picks in the second and third, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

We don't even know wher they will be picking yet. Lets focus on the season, it's far from over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I've been a big Tebow guy and would love to see what he could do in the league long term but................

I'd love for them to go out and get the biggest defensive difference maker possible.  Regardless of where they are selecting, I want them to identify and draft a difference maker an impact guy, trade up if they have to.  If that guy is Eric Berry S Tennessee or Ndamukong Suh DL Nebraska or Rolando McClain LB Alabama....go get him....

You'll get your value pick in 2011, be aggressive in 2010.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonidasliskey. Show leonidasliskey's posts

My first thoughts are Taylor Mays, S USC. He is very athletic and plays with additude.

Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers. He made the transition from guard to tackle flawelessly. He is interesting.

Jordan Shipley, WR Texas after the 1st round. Nuff said on the WR spot. No need to use a #1 on WR. He is money.

Evan Royster, RB Penn State, he is a Sproles type back. Maybe replace Faulk in the future.

Joe Pawelek, ILB Baylor in the late 2nd round. He is just a tackle machine.

All of them are on my watch board, especially Shipley.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: next years draft- patriots 1st rd pick:
    [QUOTE]mmmmm  not a receiver how about a linebacker say... Brandon Spikes? you know bill first of all . He will not draft a receiver. The transition is too difficult and bill likes experience.... perhaps OCHO CINCO in a couple. It has been sounding like bill and tom brady are starting to sell him.  I also like Bryant and while I would love to see him in N.E. Feels similiar to my feelings last year with percy harvin, I like him but realize that it is not realistic. 
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

Bill loves Chad. You can expect to see him in NE, oneday. In Belichick's perfect world, Chad will play on the other side Moss and Reed would be his safety. 

With the thirty second pick in the 2010 draft the New England Patriots select, a DL man. With Crabel, Mayo, Guyton, and Mckenzie manning the LB position. Our DL is the weakest unit in our defense now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

Let's just hope that BB does not trade out of the first round for fututre picks! ^J^
    I really get pissed off when people give so much value to future picks. For all we know, the future draft class may not have enough fire power to interest BB and he would keep trading out for future picks! We need an impact player and we need him yesterday. Sign Ocho cinco for one of the three 2nd round picks and then stock up on ILB, OLB, OT and a bunch of awesome DBs! Get Taylor Mays! Have you ever heard of a 6-4 hard hitting DB also running a 4.4?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

[QUOTE]Let's just hope that BB does not trade out of the first round for fututre picks! ^J^ I really get pissed off when people give so much value to future picks. For all we know, the future draft class may not have enough fire power to interest BB and he would keep trading out for future picks! We need an impact player and we need him yesterday. Sign Ocho cinco for one of the three 2nd round picks and then stock up on ILB, OLB, OT and a bunch of awesome DBs! Get Taylor Mays! Have you ever heard of a 6-4 hard hitting DB also running a 4.4?
    Posted by bmadmax82[/QUOTE]

Correction, from what i've heard, he's running close to the 4.3's, high 4.2's....but hey, i'm not gonna sit here and nit-pick some1 as sure of a thing as mays. guy is rock solid and a game changer. hopefully with eric berry enterting, mays will slip far enough to trade up for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

it definitely looks like a good year to complete the replenishing process for our aging D....lots of playmakers should be entering this year, especially because of a potential cap in 2011.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i am in favor of Mays

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Patriots are all about value at their picks, and low risk. WR, RB, and QB are all labeled "risky draft picks". Guys like OL, DL, and LB are almost locks depending on the system. Patriots are more likely to draft a offensive or defensive linemen. I couldve seen the Patriots selecting Mays but with Merriweather and the addition of Chung last year at a high pick would be wasteful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

yeah your right kyle.... could mays project as an OLB in the NFL though???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE]well dez bryant is more of a calvin johnson, then percy harvin. bryant has great hands, you see him jumping over defenders and catching the ball, he also has bigger size and height than percy.The nfl transition is difficult but with his size and hands, hes going to be good in this league..lets hope he doesnt skip his senior year so we can draft him in 2011.
    Posted by italianchamp25[/QUOTE]

I was not comparing the two receivers. Just saying that I liked both. It doesnt really matter. As long as BB is coach there will be no wr taken in the first round. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Mark Herzlich
    Rolando Mclain

Both have the height that BB likes in a lb. 

Brandon Spikes and maybe..... maybe...Sergio Kindle  or Sean witherspoon are other options. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

WR? no no no no no! We need a feature running back.  i dont know much about college ball but im looking for a young corey dillon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Let's just hope that BB does not trade out of the first round for fututre picks! ^J^ I really get pissed off when people give so much value to future picks. For all we know, the future draft class may not have enough fire power to interest BB and he would keep trading out for future picks! We need an impact player and we need him yesterday. Sign Ocho cinco for one of the three 2nd round picks and then stock up on ILB, OLB, OT and a bunch of awesome DBs! Get Taylor Mays! Have you ever heard of a 6-4 hard hitting DB also running a 4.4?
    Posted by bmadmax82[/QUOTE]

Mays is certainly a stud, but I'd rather have Eric Berry S from Tennessee.  He could be the most dynamic defensive player in the nation, can play all over the field and has 13 career INT's (with the majority of this season left).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Come  on guys, we have game 3 on Sunday against Atlanta, and you are talking Draft now? Wait until Febuary!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Come  on guys, we have game 3 on Sunday against Atlanta, and you are talking Draft now? Wait until Febuary!!!
    Posted by Hoier[/QUOTE]

Last I checked it was a public forum, so people can discuss what ever is on their minds.

It takes nothing away from Sunday as I'm sure most of us will be watching and hoping for a rebound victory.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]Come  on guys, we have game 3 on Sunday against Atlanta, and you are talking Draft now? Wait until Febuary!!!
    Posted by Hoier[/QUOTE]

pssshhhh ive been thinking about the 2010 draft since the 2009 draft. its one of my favorite times of the year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Love the draft at any time of the year.  Hate the new set up of thur, fri, sat though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Love the draft at any time of the year.  Hate the new set up of thur, fri, sat though.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

I agree, I think the new format is terrible.  Takes away from the event IMO......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Patriots are all about value at their picks, and low risk. WR, RB, and QB are all labeled "risky draft picks". Guys like OL, DL, and LB are almost locks depending on the system. Patriots are more likely to draft a offensive or defensive linemen. I couldve seen the Patriots selecting Mays but with Merriweather and the addition of Chung last year at a high pick would be wasteful.
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

kyle and ALL:

RE: Taylor Mays, I would have given him a Top 5 Number IF he declared last year, But Draft wise, this year, Unless he does something significantly to wisen up as a Free Safety (EVERYTHING I've read about his play this year is that He doesn't just take bad angles to the ball, but awful angles), The Kid will most likely be a late first, early second rd projection (as it stands right now), and will be drafted for what's called his "intangibles" (meaning-"mor#n football IQ") and will have to make the conversion with luck and those "intangibles" (meaning-"all bulk and no brains") to Strong Safety...

In order, I pray that we go #1: ANY 6'5-6'6 3-4 fast and psychotic DE (very much a shortage of these guys in recent years, although the Giants somehow always seem to come up with an unheralded (a draft time) 6'6 4-3 DE sack-machine... #2 A PASSING WEAPON for the best QB to EVER play the game (I mean c'mon Belichick, give Brady a viable option over the middle, a short-range-slot guy, and a deep-threat can take ya far, but not quite all the way it seems #2 WR that-looks-exactly-like-Chad-Jackson, but can run a simple route, or even a good TE, I really don't care... #3 LB-Last year, at this time I had my heart set on the kid from Boston College, who 1 Pat's Scout said was the best OLB he had ever seen in his life, once-in-a-decade...THEN He got cancer (sorry)...  IF there's no heady, "Young" Mike Vrabel type, who can cover the pass, run, and all else, I'll take "an almost as heady" 'rush' LB- People say our pass-rush is nothing this year, well...almost correct...It's been nothing since BB never found anyone adequate enough to replace Willie Mac...

of note:  I know I just railed on about Taylor Mays's football intelligence, but intelligence AND instincts are 2 different things, and the person I wanted last year, Rey Maualuga, IMHO, Belichick should have drafted for his football "instincts" alone... IF BB wants ever to play a true 3-4 again, The Pats need a Strong Inside Linebacker that can just play smash-mouth into Blockers in order to make way for Mayo's perfect angles and tackling prowess (now the Pat's just need ANY ILB)...Kid was fast, big, could rush the QB, play the pass, In 2 limited games this year, He has something like 12 Total Tackles, 2 Forced Fumbles and a Sack... Sheez, I know He might have been less brainy than the Rhodes Scholars of the Wonderlic you want BB, BUT c'mon now, make a concession or 2 in the intellect department under instincts, size and skill, man....