NFC to Take SB, No Competition coming from AFC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

NFC to Take SB, No Competition coming from AFC?

Kind of seems that way dont it?  I mean Denver opened a huge door for us. I was told just as I assumed that BB dangled the cheese in front of them. Tried to fire them up for the game and the result was not good. So THAT in turn, opened the door for Cincinatti to take advantage and they laid an egg to a bad Steelers team that we went up the field on. Thats why I wasnt impressed with how Miami played them. Outside of Ben and A.B. they have no offense and the D stinks.

Seems all the AFC teams are limping in and not playing their best football. I dont see any of us challenging a S.F. /Sea....The saints...I dont like their chances over there either. K.C. atleast took care of Bizness but I dont buy them going on the road. Im afraid it could still be us at the end....

Carolina/San Fran/Seattle. If we did make it, hopefully it would be Carolina as we have played them already this year and lost a close one.

Denver looks like a one and done team. Is it still considered a great year if we make it to N.Y.??  I for one am getting sick of losing in the SB. Its too much to take after all the hype and build up and convincing yourself of a win only to be dissapointed by our D yet again in the end game. Can someone shoot us now??  LOL

Lets hope the Pats are listening and go into disrespect mode. We need something! Somebody call Rodney!!  You may not like this thread but I bet deep down you agree.

AFC used to own the NFC but lately hasnt been the case.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: NFC to Take SB, No Competition coming from AFC?

Seattle, on a 10 degree snowy day in NJ can be had. All other NFC teams are just like AFC in that it's a crap shoot week to week.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seattle, on a 10 degree snowy day in NJ can be had. All other NFC teams are just like AFC in that it's a crap shoot week to week.

[/QUOTE]

I would normally agree but Carolina has the advantage of health and their D is far and away better than ours. San Fran may be in Cali but the 9ers can overcome the cold if they had to with that D.  I like the fact that we still have a chance in AFC but I would rather miss the playoffs than lose in the SB again, crazy at it sounds. I think it just does further damage to TBs legacy and increases BB because of going to more SBs. IN the end, only Brady will take blame for the SB losses and BB will always be a genius.

Gronk was  a bad hit, but if you dont pack your defense in the playoffs, its a recipe for disaster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Farmer's Alamanc is correct and there is a blizzard on SB SUnday, I don't think it's as clear cut as you claim.

Also, Seattle and NOs are not as good away as they are at home.

I think the NFC is deeper, but in a one game scenario, we've seen it before, usually against us in the SB.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/08/26/2014-farmers-almanac-predicts-big-storm-due-super-bowl-weekend/

[/QUOTE]

exactly. I dont even have N.O. in the picture at the moment. They are all over the place and on the road they are toast but that leaves 3. San Fran, SEA, CAR. All teams with good defenses and triple threat QBs(pass, run, option)  Pick one!

You cant stress your D like that having to look for run, pass, option, playaction and then on the other side, you have 2 options. Run the ball and throw to Edleman....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

It's still mighty early to draw any conclusions. There's a long history of big favorites in December that went down in flames.

Four of the last six SBs won outright by the underdog and Green Bay, a wild card team in 2010, was the only favorite to cover (won by 6, favored by 3).

Regular season super teams just don't win Super Bowls any more. Parity is real, well, except for the Jets. They didn't get the memo I guess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

If the Farmer's Alamanc is correct and there is a blizzard on SB SUnday, I don't think it's as clear cut as you claim.

Also, Seattle and NOs are not as good away as they are at home.

I think the NFC is deeper, but in a one game scenario, we've seen it before, usually against us in the SB.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/08/26/2014-farmers-almanac-predicts-big-storm-due-super-bowl-weekend/

exactly. I dont even have N.O. in the picture at the moment. They are all over the place and on the road they are toast but that leaves 3. San Fran, SEA, CAR. All teams with good defenses and triple threat QBs(pass, run, option)  Pick one!

You cant stress your D like that having to look for run, pass, option, playaction and then on the other side, you have 2 options. Run the ball and throw to Edleman....

[/QUOTE]

i think it will be the niners or seattle to win it this season. i guess i will take sf.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The Niners don't have it this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

sorry im still a fan, but in this post I stepped outside my fandom and used some reality. Based on what weve seen in the past.... this story may not end well for us but Thats why they play the game!!! 

I will feel better if Dobson can atleast make it back in the next 2 weeks and get re acclimated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

sorry im still a fan, but in this post I stepped outside my fandom and used some reality. Based on what weve seen in the past.... this story may not end well for us but Thats why they play the game!!! 

I will feel better if Dobson can atleast make it back in the next 2 weeks and get re acclimated.

[/QUOTE]

TripleOG...see my reply to you in the "gronks absence"  post..sorry for the confusion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

Kind of seems that way dont it?  I mean Denver opened a huge door for us. I was told just as I assumed that BB dangled the cheese in front of them. Tried to fire them up for the game and the result was not good. So THAT in turn, opened the door for Cincinatti to take advantage and they laid an egg to a bad Steelers team that we went up the field on. Thats why I wasnt impressed with how Miami played them. Outside of Ben and A.B. they have no offense and the D stinks.

Seems all the AFC teams are limping in and not playing their best football. I dont see any of us challenging a S.F. /Sea....The saints...I dont like their chances over there either. K.C. atleast took care of Bizness but I dont buy them going on the road. Im afraid it could still be us at the end....

Carolina/San Fran/Seattle. If we did make it, hopefully it would be Carolina as we have played them already this year and lost a close one.

Denver looks like a one and done team. Is it still considered a great year if we make it to N.Y.??  I for one am getting sick of losing in the SB. Its too much to take after all the hype and build up and convincing yourself of a win only to be dissapointed by our D yet again in the end game. Can someone shoot us now??  LOL

Lets hope the Pats are listening and go into disrespect mode. We need something! Somebody call Rodney!!  You may not like this thread but I bet deep down you agree.

AFC used to own the NFC but lately hasnt been the case.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like it'll be an NFC team.  Seattle is favored, but I'd like to see Carolina win (unless we make it to the SB).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

anything can happen.  Look at who won last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Niners don't have it this year.

[/QUOTE]

yea Kap has struggled this year but since they are still relatively healthy with a great D still in place, its hard to take em' off the list. They can still catch fire and shut teams down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Have the playoffs started yet?  Come on, TripleG, at least wait for the season to be over, see who makes the dance and how they are playing. A lot can happen between now and Sunday night, 12/29.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TripleOG...see my reply to you in the "gronks absence"  post..sorry for the confusion.

[/QUOTE]

no problem bro.... I forget how many people are at odds with the resident expert.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no problem bro.... I forget how many people are at odds with the resident expert.

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! Yep! It's maddening sometimes. Take care.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have the playoffs started yet?  Come on, TripleG, at least wait for the season to be over, see who makes the dance and how they are playing. A lot can happen between now and Sunday night, 12/29.

[/QUOTE]

I know man. This is not like me. Thats why I said Im speaking "outside" of my fan self. I am speaking realistically how I feel. "This is the Realest Chit I ever wrote!" in my Tupac Voice.. I have positive all year even after Gronks injury but that lost left me with a sick feeling that our D is gonna be our undoing again. I know its still up in the air and anyone can win and someone mentioned the Giants but they always had a pass rush, they just happened to get Eli hot at the end but we have no pass rush, bad secondary and cant stop the run either. Bad recipe. I am hoping my reverse fandom works and they prove me wrong. I will be in better spirits later in the week but I had that "end of season" feel way to early this year(yesterday). Usually happens at the end of our last game. Hope im wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Can't agree, too early right now........a few weeks ago it was Denver and KC looking like stream rollers, now Seattle and SF look good.

Let's see what a few more bring

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

If Seattle remains healthy nothing will stop them.  Nothing.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Sam-Adams's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't agree, too early right now........a few weeks ago it was Denver and KC looking like stream rollers, now Seattle and SF look good.

Let's see what a few more bring

[/QUOTE]

we beat Denver a few weeks ago and KC has been the same all year. (Beat  cheap teams but vs good teams, their Wrs cant catch a cold). Thats the thing about having a good Defense. It usually shows up every week. We dont have one and thats the source of my white flag. It was pretty evident to me in a game we wanted to get # 1 seed our D was not up to the task. It only gets harder from here but im still watching and rooting. Just gonna lower my expectations a bit as to not be so dissapointing when the season is over.

Seattle, Carolina and San Fran have had consistent D's with not many injuries. Those teams will be there in the end historically.

What we need is for Dobson to hurry back, get a win in Bmore to gain confidence back and BB needs to scrap that  bending D and get agressive like we saw with the CB blitzes at times. B.B.D.B aint gonna cut it. Teams are bleeding us out and we aint getting turnovers.   The last straw may be Talib though. I will try and keep a positive outlook.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is like 2006 except we can possibly play Rd 2 at home (vs on the road) in the Divisionals. Win that, roll the dice in the title game.

I have a hopfeul and sneaking suspicion BB is being conservative with Bolden's knee to get right, Dobson's foot and Thompkins's hip/groin (whatever his thing is), and tried to get away with another week without them in Miami, in order to get them as right as possible for the home stretch/playoffs.

All 3 represent our best red zone options. This diagram can be found in the "Why Gronk's Absence Is Not Devastating" in last week's thread:

Edelman (Thompkins)       Vereen (Develin)         Mulligan/Hooman    Amendola (Dobson)

Brady (under Center)

Bolden

Based on matchups, this should be the options on the table. 

You can take Vereen out from the slot, move Develin back from the double stacked TE option if you wish and line up as an I Formation, etc.  Depends how close you are to the red zone.

Or, use Vereen and Bolden as split backs, where if you do hand off, Bolden becomes a blocking back.

Lastly, the obvious, quick playaction, assuming you aren't too close to the goal line.

I like Ridley and Vereen more so in betwen the 20s, with Vereen more the option when you look to pass in the red zone.

Unfortunately, we saw little none of this yesterday, partly due to not having range with Thompkins or Dobson for jump balls, but more so in disappointing fashion, not enough Develin and Mulligan and just hammering it in.

We;ll never win a SB without establishing some kind of a run game.

[/QUOTE]

Bolden is certainly odd man out in the RB group and you've always been an advocate. but i think Ridley and Blount are a very good combo and they both looked great sunday. more running would be nice but i dont think your guy Bolden will be playing much. also agree i would like to see alot more Develin and mulligan. he Develin had the nice FB dive on 3rd and 2 yday which they should contiue to run.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is like 2006 except we can possibly play Rd 2 at home (vs on the road) in the Divisionals. Win that, roll the dice in the title game.

I have a hopfeul and sneaking suspicion BB is being conservative with Bolden's knee to get right, Dobson's foot and Thompkins's hip/groin (whatever his thing is), and tried to get away with another week without them in Miami, in order to get them as right as possible for the home stretch/playoffs.

All 3 represent our best red zone options. This diagram can be found in the "Why Gronk's Absence Is Not Devastating" in last week's thread:

Edelman (Thompkins)       Vereen (Develin)         Mulligan/Hooman    Amendola (Dobson)

Brady (under Center)

Bolden

Based on matchups, this should be the options on the table. 

You can take Vereen out from the slot, move Develin back from the double stacked TE option if you wish and line up as an I Formation, etc.  Depends how close you are to the red zone.

Or, use Vereen and Bolden as split backs, where if you do hand off, Bolden becomes a blocking back.

Lastly, the obvious, quick playaction, assuming you aren't too close to the goal line.

I like Ridley and Vereen more so in betwen the 20s, with Vereen more the option when you look to pass in the red zone.

Unfortunately, we saw little none of this yesterday, partly due to not having range with Thompkins or Dobson for jump balls, but more so in disappointing fashion, not enough Develin and Mulligan and just hammering it in.

We;ll never win a SB without establishing some kind of a run game.

[/QUOTE]

I think this is exactly what he tried to do but the game had playoff implications. IMO you play him if he was close. He was likely the difference in the game. Back shoulder fade near the goal line. Game over.

I have seen us all year be able to morph into different things on offense. In Fact we started this game with power runs to blount and it worked for the most part and Brady going up and down the field passing worked too expect for in the redzone where space is small.

My question is what kind of gameplan is BB gonna draw up to mask a Chitty Defense that still gives up 3rd and longs, cannot generate pressure and cant cover backs or tight ends??  Not enough schemes in the world to remedy that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I understand being upset about the team's injuries and its four losses, but can we please put a stop to all of this "woe is me" nonsense. 

It's true, this team may not make it past the first playoff game.  Hel*, while we are being so negative, we may as well go all out and acknowledge that this team might not make it to the playoffs, at all.  Some people around here just worry too much.

For me, it's all about enjoying the season and the effort that this team gives.  This has been one of the most exciting seasons, I can remember, in a long time.  We all know what being the favorites has gotten them in recent history.  Well, let's see if being a depleted over-achieving underdog brings them better results.

For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would say that, not getting into the playoffs would be preferable to making it all the way to the Super Bowl, if they weren't positive they could win.  I guess that means they never want to reach the playoffs.  The fact is, there is never a guarantee of success.

Someone started a post not too long ago about giving this team a standing ovation, when it's all over.  That sounds right to me.  This whole team has earned it...the coaching, the offense, the defense, and the special teams.  Go Pats!!Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

My question is what kind of gameplan is BB gonna draw up to mask a Chitty Defense that still gives up 3rd and longs, cannot generate pressure and cant cover backs or tight ends??  Not enough schemes in the world to remedy that. 

[/QUOTE]

yes. thank you. i just don't know where a scheme will come from. for some reason Arrington played on the outside (known to be his worst spot) all day on their most talented WR. WHY? Talib isnt 100%... the run D has been better though but the rush cannot get a consistent pressure which is bad.

i have a ton of faith in Bill but this D needs work