NFL Attendance & LA Expansion (please vote)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Re: NFL Attendance & LA Expansion

In Response to Re: NFL Attendance & LA Expansion:
    [QUOTE]Just to add a little bit to my above post.  It is fairly easy to find a "Pats Bar" in SoCal to watch the Pats games.  There are a lot bars aligned with other teams as well.  So how many bars in Boston are hangouts for Colts fans?  49er Fans?  Steeler Fans?  I'm sure there are some, but are there a lot?
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

And you are in Temecula, which is not in SD county. Where I live, its all Charger fans. 50% of people here are from somewhere else though, like you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Attendance & LA Expansion : And you are in Temecula, which is not in SD county. Where I live, its all Charger fans. 50% of people here are from somewhere else though, like you.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

True enough, but I'm only a 45 minute drive from the stadium (sans rush hour).  I've only been in Temecula a year.  I was living in Point Loma prior to that.  Anyway, the point I was making is that when a city has a high percentage of residents from elsewhere, getting enough local support for the team can be hard.  Most people stay loyal to the team they grew up with regardless of where they move to.  With L.A. having a crazy high percentage of residents from elsewhere, it might explain some, but not all of the reasons teams had a tough time there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Attendance & LA Expansion : True enough, but I'm only a 45 minute drive from the stadium (sans rush hour).  I've only been in Temecula a year.  I was living in Point Loma prior to that.  Anyway, the point I was making is that when a city has a high percentage of residents from elsewhere, getting enough local support for the team can be hard.  Most people stay loyal to the team they grew up with regardless of where they move to.  With L.A. having a crazy high percentage of residents from elsewhere, it might explain some, but not all of the reasons teams had a tough time there.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I agree. Nobody has voted for OAK or SF in the poll. I find that odd.