NFL going the way of the Punk NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

NFL going the way of the Punk NBA

I said this a long time ago about the NBA and I seldomly watch the NBA now.
    My theory has been provem IMHO by the recent gun incident and othe similar incidents in both the NBA and NFL.
    Things you do not see in the NHL and MLB

The NBA/NFL has become infiltrated by a bunch of punks. They only play for themselves. They have no idea what a team concept is because they have been coddled by everyone at every juncture along the way.
    The NFL is going the way of the NBA and currently walks the same path.
    It has nothing to do with race it is all about players not taking responsibility for their own actions.
    For the most part today there are far too many players who blame the coach or something else but never themselves.
    I stopped watching the NBA after Jordan left because I could see players who thought their last dunk was to be seen on ESPN and acted that way even though it was the only points they scored and their opponent torched them for 35.

The NFL is the same way today you see players dancing and pointing because they got a sack, interception or a first down. However they are losing by 14, have been torched for 10 completions and it was their first catch after 5 drops and it was in the 4th Q.

It is all about "ME" for far too many in the NFL today. It is not as bad as the NBA but it is going that way. Far too few do what Brady did and what Seau, Bruschi Vrabel and Seymour did in the past and that was take responsibility for not doing enough as a leader on and off the field.

The other side of the problem is that if you discipline them they pout and hurt the team even more aka: AT of the Pats. Then if you cut them some other idiot GM is all too ready to sign them to a bigger and longer contract just making the attitude of me first even worse to work with.

I'm not saying players should be slaves or not celebrate but they should be looking at the bigger picture and stiop the ME ME ME attitude.

All players are coddled along the way but far too many today are forgetting the team attitude and what got them to where they are.

However IMHO it will only be getting worse because of what happens along they way to them and the contracts involved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: NFL going the way of the Punk NBA

I agree. I'm also fed up with athletes in all sports who point at the sky after they score a TD or hit a HR but do nothing when they strike out or miss a putt.
    I realize this doesn't necessarily relate to "punks". For some reason, I'm just angry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

honestly, i could care less about the NBA today...not only the attitude of players, like you said...but its not the same game anymore...zone is allowed, traveling is accepted, kobe has never fouled a person in his life but is fouled everytime he takes a shot? yeah right...the pace of the game is woeful and the fundamentals are even worse

my issues with the NFL are like this...they definitely play favorites and call the game for a certain team(the pats have benefitted here many times, as have the steelers and colts)...and the rules protecting players...ok...so i think players should have some rules to help protect but good grief...its almost like they should go out there with a skirt nowadays...they are paid millions to play a game...and their bodies will go to hell...the price you pay to make millions sometimes...hell...ive put on 20 pounds since i started my job now and i dont see any rules being made that i need to exercise more or anything...i just get another pile of work and a slap on the back and told, congrats, you havent been fired yet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Great post, Jim. I agree. Happy New Year to you and yours! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

"I just get another pile of work and a slap on the back and told, congrats, you havent been fired yet"

This get's my vote for quote of the day

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

When a batter who hits a home run styles going around the bases, often he will be drilled the next time he comes up.

What would I like to see?

I'd like to see a batter in the on-deck circle stroll out to the mound and cave a pitcher's head in with the bat when he points at Jesus after striking a guy out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Jim you write all that about the NBA and NFL and yet your signature line says the Red Sox are #1....like they don't have or ever have had punks on their team.
    Manny "the knockdown the old man" Ramirez
    Big Popi juicer
    Carl "headbutt" Everett

Get a clue there are punks in every sport

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I agree! Here in Pittsburgh, Santonio Holmes makes 5 or 6 catches and after every one, he makes a muscle to the crowd as though he has just slayed a lion with his barehands! But when he dropped a few key passes, that same game, that really hurt the team, I didn't see no strutting or muscle poses! My favorite player was Barry Sanders. After he scored a Touchdown, no dancing or strutting around, he always looked around for a ref, then flipped him the ball. Same thing when he got tackled on a normal play, a gain or a loss, he always got up and gave the ball to  the official. Holmes makes a 6 yard catch, and instead of handing the ball to the ref who is standing there with out-streched hands, Holmes spins the ball like he's in Las Vegas! I saw a few of the Raven players near the end of the game last week, on the TV, acting totally classless as the Patriot fans were exiting thier seats. Wes Welker is in the same mold as Barry Sanders. No show-boating, they just go out and do what their paid to do.