NFL-- issues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanBlake. Show PatsFanBlake's posts

NFL-- issues

While it does suck that an 8-8 team is going I think its kinda the nature of the beast that once in a blue moon a good team will get the shaft. In regards to draft picking though It seems maybe it should be adjusted so that playoff teams pick after non-playoff teams accordingly with there record. So the best reg. season record non-playoff team would pick 20th and the worse playoff team would pick 21st, but oh well .....don;t think its gonna change so we just gotta deal with it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

NFL-- issues

Stone Age,

Quit yer whining. All the Pats had to do, like the Bolts and Cards, was win their division. Having 5 conference losses killed them, not teh schedule, their draft slot, the lack of Pro Bowl selections, yabba dadda doo........

With the exception of moving up the Pro Bowl selection process, all the rest has beens et in stone for a long time, and it's time to accept what happened (or, what they did to themselves in '08), to the Pats. It's a well known and accepted fact that if you don't win your division you'll be playing playoff games on the road, no matter what your record is. Check out all professional sports. Division winners get the top seeds. Why would you want the NFL to be different? If you are the #3 or #4 seed, if you win the wild card game, you will play the rest of your games on the road. The Pats should have, but didn't, take care of business in '08. It's that simple.

As for the 8-8 team "hosting" the playioff game, any doubts that the better team didn't win that game? Want to go on record to say that the home crowd had a HUGE/GAME WINNING impact on that game? The Draft is set up forbased on regular season records, except for the last 2 picks, which go to the respective conference winners.

I'm a Pats fan, but get tired of all the biching and whining by alleged Pats fans who see a slight or conspriracy behind every door. They let the JESTS! off the hook in OT for a loss, and had a player do a dumb assed/stupid thing to grease the skids for the Colt loss. So, we need to deal with that. I call this the "Greenie Syndrome", named after the biggest whiner in sports media, Mike Greenberg on ESPN. The cure: Take two Golics and call me next week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

NFL-- issues

The only thing I really have a difficult time with is the draft slots. If a team is not "good" enough to get in the playoffs, then no way should they be picking after teams that did make the playoffs. That is stupid and wrong!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

NFL-- issues

I agree with Txheat.

Missing the playoffs is jsut an anomaly in an otherwise great competitve system.

However, picking after four of those teams is a bit of salt in the wound. IMO, NE and every team above SD should be picking up a few slots. Ne should have the 20th.

On the plus side though, if SD gets bounced before the SB we get a sweet second rounder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

NFL-- issues

I can see this rule changing in years to come if not next year. all non playoff teams pick first based on record then playoff teams pick. To be more specific the lowest pick a non playoff team can have is 20, and the highest a playoff team can have is 21. I see this implemented soon.

the thing was, in most past years all the playoff teams would always have the better records, so it was never an issue. it is what it is for now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

NFL-- issues

I dont agree on everything that was said but i do agree that it is BS that a playoff team gets to pick before a none playoffs team, the way i see it you should not be allowed the best of both worlds. They cant let them get into the playoffs over a team with a better record and then also let them pick ahead of them as well, if you thought they were the better team to make the playoffs then they should be treated as a team that made the playoffs and playoffs teams should not be allowed to pick ahead of teams that missed the playoffs. They are giving one team a shot at winningthe super bowl and a shot at having a higher draft pick and that just does nto add up from where I sit. The playoffs are meant for teh teams that had it toegther enough to make the playoffs and high draft picks or higher draft picks are for rebuilding your team because you could not make the playoffs so if the Bolts had it together enough to make it in over the Pats then they should not be allowed to also pick in front of us as we clearly need the "help" more then the playoff team does. Its all one big cluster f*ck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

NFL-- issues

With all the statistical geniuses out there who configure the tie-breakers et al. in sports including the NFL--Your point is right-on! It is absurd that the Pats sat home this weekend and an 8-8 club played!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

NFL-- issues

Leon! great to see ya pal! Hey I have to watch my sisters kid this weekend could you give me a good story to tell him before bed? Maybe the one about how you showed Joe Montana everything he knows about football? Thats a great story.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

NFL-- issues

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH HOW FUN IT IS TO LAUGH AT LEON! Hey Leon please tell us all how you are such a big Giants fan now that the Jets are out of it you jumped ship faster then a little kid on the Titanic.