NFL Meetings in Arizona

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

NFL Meetings in Arizona

Does anyone expect the Pats to do a deal there?  Is this the best place to negotiate a Mallett trade?  BB and NE personnel staff are there. Opinions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Re: NFL Meetings in Arizona

I forgot, who does Drew Rosenhaus represent that interests NE?  Which NE players have Rosenhaus as an agent?

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

Bill Belichick arrives here at NFL annual meeting in Arizona. Among those he stops to chat with includes agent Drew Rosenhaus.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

I forgot, who does Drew Rosenhaus represent that interests NE?  Which NE players have Rosenhaus as an agent?

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

Bill Belichick arrives here at NFL annual meeting in Arizona. Among those he stops to chat with includes agent Drew Rosenhaus.

T O but i sincerely doubt that's who they were talking about!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

T O but i sincerely doubt that's who they were talking about!

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

@JFurtado8 Marquice Cole is one Rosenhaus client. Also has Brandon Spikes & Rob Gronkowski.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Ron Borges wrote in the Herald today about how the owners gained the upperhands over the players through the CBA reached after a threatened lockout couple of years back.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/ron_borges/2013/03/borges_nfl_owners_bask_in_new_cba_sun

There will not be any significant change in the cap until the league find out what it is getting after negotiating a new TV contract. The CBA signed in 2011 was for 10 years. While there are still large ( and even ridiculous ) contracts given out this year, the big slices come at the expense of the rest of the fixed pie.  

Borges' piece might fan the flame of dis-satisfaction among players. Do you think the NFL players will strike a couple of years down the road if the market continued to be structured so teams can low ball the players? Or can they given they have signed a contract, i.e. any strike will be illegal?