NFL MVP is a JOKE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

NFL MVP is a JOKE!!!

No better proof than 2003 CO-MVPs McNair and Manning - Brady beat both in the regular season, he then bet them both again in back to back playoff games.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: NFL MVP is a JOKE!!!

Oh jeez -

Do you think Brady is the only Patriot that plays the game?  Do you not think that the number one scoring defense and #1 defense in takeaways had something to do with the team's success?

In the reg season, Manning had a better game than Brady and in the playoffs, the game is well known for pats defenders holding colts receivers all over the field while the refs left their flags in their pockets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Dolt fan still crying....just like Dungheap and Polianus cried to league to change the rules....and I suppose both beatings of Mcnair were due to holding too....LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh jeez -

Do you think Brady is the only Patriot that plays the game?  Do you not think that the number one scoring defense and #1 defense in takeaways had something to do with the team's success?

In the reg season, Manning had a better game than Brady and in the playoffs, the game is well known for pats defenders holding colts receivers all over the field while the refs left their flags in their pockets.

[/QUOTE]

Yawn!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dolt fan still crying....just like Dungheap and Polianus cried to league to change the rules....and I suppose both beatings of Mcnair were due to holding too....LOL

[/QUOTE]

Funny that you'd say such a thing in response to your own crying.  LOL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

When TP either yawns or says "whatever you say", you know he agrees.  Thanks TP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

2003 and 2004 were arguably the most complete teams in Patriots history. They were just a better team overall than TEN and INDY. Being the QB of the better team does not make Brady the MVP

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2003 and 2004 were arguably the most complete teams in Patriots history. They were just a better team overall than TEN and INDY. Being the QB of the better team does not make Brady the MVP

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I will always bring up the way the pats played d on the colts receivers in the 2003 playoffs, but I'll never fault the pats for that and, in fact, give them (particularly belichick)  credit for making the refs make the calls, which they didn't.  Don't fault the pats at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No better proof than 2003 CO-MVPs McNair and Manning - Brady beat both in the regular season, he then bet them both again in back to back playoff games.....

[/QUOTE]

and ur point is?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

put peyton on those teams and they win too...maybe even mcnair

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I have no idea why fans even care about these awards that are nothing more than popularity contests amongst the writers...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have no idea why fans even care about these awards that are nothing more than popularity contests amongst the writers...

[/QUOTE]

i think they have more merit than that frank

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have to agree with FrnkBnhm.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Funny how all Patriot fans want Peterson to get the award, anyone but Peyton. Your post means nothing of insight, you fans are pathetic. I saw that clown Rodney Harrison do the same thing on SNF, I bet if it were Brady and Peterson it would be Brady no doubt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Last year's Broncos 8-8 (which snuck into the playoffs because of the third tie breaker in an epically bad division) had a -81 point differential. The worst ever for an 8-8 team. This year's broncos? +191. There was basically ONE difference between last years team and this years?

Peyton Manning. 

From a team that was lucky to be 8-8, to the super bowl front runner.

It's ABSURD if he doesnt get it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

It would be very easy to just list a ton of statistics from Manning’s season, as he looks to win a fifth MVP award. Manning rewrote the Denver record books for passing in his first season. He had a lot of numbers that were among the best he’s ever had in a career full of elite seasons. We will point out a few of them, but first let’s focus on the main argument for Manning as MVP.

Most value-added impact. No player had a bigger impact on his team, and while part of that is the value of the quarterback position, the fact is no quarterback changes the culture of an entire team more than Manning. He leaves an imprint on his team’s performances, demanding consistent perfection. 

Manning essentially changed the Denver Broncos into the Denver Colts, and the transformation was completed quicker than anyone expected.

Manning won at least 13 games in a season under a fourth head coach (John Fox) in his career. No other quarterback in NFL history has won more than 13 games with more than two coaches.

Denver scored 481 points (second most in the league). Demaryius Thomas (1,434 yards, 10 TD) and Eric Decker (1,064 yards, 13 TD) have stats that look like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne circa 2004-2006. Denver went from 30th in third-down conversions last year to No. 3 this season.

This all comes a year after the Broncos struggled to an 8-8 record and played a prehistoric style of offense with Tim Tebow. Denver went from the most run-heavy offense in football to a high-volume, high-efficiency passing attack that Manning has mastered for years

At times, he looks as good as ever, just months after some questioned if he could ever play again.

Last season the Broncos were blown out badly by several opponents. This season they fell behind by 20+ points four times early in the season, but still made a game of it behind Manning, who made them believe they could win these games. They even did pull off a 24-point comeback in San Diego on the night Manning broke the record for fourth-quarter comebacks.

Denver’s 3-1 record at fourth-quarter comeback opportunities was the best percentage in the league this season. Manning has not trailed in the fourth quarter in the last eight games.

The end result this regular season is a 13-3 record, the Super Bowl favorite, and an 11-game winning streak. That is quite the improvement after a year in which Denver won the AFC West on a three team tiebreaker, and had the worst scoring differential (-81) for an 8-8 team in NFL history.

This season Denver outscored opponents by 192 points, which is the third biggest improvement in the 16-game era. It also matches the scoring differential for the 1998 Denver Broncos (best team in franchise history) and 2005 Indianapolis Colts (Manning again)...

Read more at: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...p-award/20626/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

MVP's are soon forgotten, but everyone remembers Super Bowl Champions.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Isnt this the same award that the all time Interception leader Brett Farve always used to win? Question is who has choked more in big games? him or horseface?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Its not a "joke" when Brady is being mentioned.  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to CornHole12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its not a "joke" when Brady is being mentioned.  :)

[/QUOTE]

So, what team are you a fan of, exactly?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

It would be very easy to just list a ton of statistics from Manning’s season, as he looks to win a fifth MVP award. Manning rewrote the Denver record books for passing in his first season. He had a lot of numbers that were among the best he’s ever had in a career full of elite seasons. We will point out a few of them, but first let’s focus on the main argument for Manning as MVP.

Most value-added impact. No player had a bigger impact on his team, and while part of that is the value of the quarterback position, the fact is no quarterback changes the culture of an entire team more than Manning. He leaves an imprint on his team’s performances, demanding consistent perfection. 

Manning essentially changed the Denver Broncos into the Denver Colts, and the transformation was completed quicker than anyone expected.

Manning won at least 13 games in a season under a fourth head coach (John Fox) in his career. No other quarterback in NFL history has won more than 13 games with more than two coaches.

Denver scored 481 points (second most in the league). Demaryius Thomas (1,434 yards, 10 TD) and Eric Decker (1,064 yards, 13 TD) have stats that look like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne circa 2004-2006. Denver went from 30th in third-down conversions last year to No. 3 this season.

This all comes a year after the Broncos struggled to an 8-8 record and played a prehistoric style of offense with Tim Tebow. Denver went from the most run-heavy offense in football to a high-volume, high-efficiency passing attack that Manning has mastered for years

At times, he looks as good as ever, just months after some questioned if he could ever play again.

Last season the Broncos were blown out badly by several opponents. This season they fell behind by 20+ points four times early in the season, but still made a game of it behind Manning, who made them believe they could win these games. They even did pull off a 24-point comeback in San Diego on the night Manning broke the record for fourth-quarter comebacks.

Denver’s 3-1 record at fourth-quarter comeback opportunities was the best percentage in the league this season. Manning has not trailed in the fourth quarter in the last eight games.

The end result this regular season is a 13-3 record, the Super Bowl favorite, and an 11-game winning streak. That is quite the improvement after a year in which Denver won the AFC West on a three team tiebreaker, and had the worst scoring differential (-81) for an 8-8 team in NFL history.

This season Denver outscored opponents by 192 points, which is the third biggest improvement in the 16-game era. It also matches the scoring differential for the 1998 Denver Broncos (best team in franchise history) and 2005 Indianapolis Colts (Manning again)...

Read more at: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...p-award/20626/

[/QUOTE]

Hey, fantastic stuff.  If Peyton gets it, more power to him.  If Joe Schumkatelli the KC Chief's waterboy gets it, more power to him.  Either selection would have the same merit in my book.  It's a total PR award; I couldn't care less.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

Funny how all Patriot fans want Peterson to get the award, anyone but Peyton. Your post means nothing of insight, you fans are pathetic. I saw that clown Rodney Harrison do the same thing on SNF, I bet if it were Brady and Peterson it would be Brady no doubt.

[/QUOTE]

You're an imbecile.  Rodney has publicly criticized Brady on several occassions.  In no way is there any bias there.  The reason why people are saying Peterson should win the MVP is because he should win the MVP.  Was Peyton great this year?  Yes, yes he was.  The Broncos went from having one of the worst QBs to ever play the game to having one of the best QBs to ever play the game.  That is one of the main reasons for their "point differential" compared to last year.  However, he does not deserve the award as much as Peterson does.

It's not rocket science. 

Neither is realizing that the Minnesota Vikings were supposed to absolutely SUCK this year, especially on offense where the only weapon they had outside of Peterson was Harvin and he got IR'd midway through the year.  He literally put the team on his back and ran his way into the playoffs.  Midway through the year teams were stacking 8 and 9 guys in the box just to stop him because they would rather take their chances on AP than worry about some sorry excuse for a QB in Ponder.  Guess what he did?  He repeatedly ran for 175+ with multiple touchdowns.  No other running back in the league has accomplished what he's done given the circumstances.

Without Peterson, Vikes go 4-12 at best.  "Most VALUABLE Player" There, I even capitalized 'valuable' for you so you can see where the emphasis is put in this award.

Stop being a clueless fool and gently remove your Peyton panties.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't remember what kind of insurance Aaron Rodgers sells, but I love that commercial where the little girl tells him "Mr. Hubbell says awards are for people with low self-esteem."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't remember what kind of insurance Aaron Rodgers sells, but I love that commercial where the little girl tells him "Mr. Hubbell says awards are for people with low self-esteem."

[/QUOTE]

"Who's Mr. Hubbell?" -Rodgers

"That's Rod Hubbell right there."  -Hubbell

"No, it is not" - Innocent TA guy

Classic.