NFL Rip-Off ~ GOODELL 's "Weak" 17 Decision STINKS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

NFL Rip-Off ~ GOODELL 's "Weak" 17 Decision STINKS

Why is it that everyone from Peter King on down to the blowhard drunk down at the local watering hole is ignoring the 500 pound elephant in the room ?
       The NFL is munipulating week 17 to allow the high market New York Jets to sneak into the playoffs ?
        As every knows , a Pats victory vs the Texans locks the Bengals into the 4th seed and thus makes their Sunday Night contest at the Jets moot.
       WHY NOT LEAVE THE GAME AT 1:00 WHERE THE INTEGRITY OF THE CONTEST WOULD NOT BE IN DOUBT ?
      ANS : Cuz the NFL and that hypocrite Goodell don't care about integrity.
     ( They care about market share )

The obvious choice for the late game is BALTIMORE at OAKLAND .
     There would still be a "win-and-in" game to be played by the Ravens and their opponent the Raiders have shown life since they figured out Jamarcus sux (They just won at Pitt a few weeks back and just ask Philly if playing at Oakland is a "gimme" )

SCRUUUW U GOODELL ... Some of us are not as stupid as u think we are .

I firmly believe the Coaches / Players / Refs are 100% legitimate and above reproach , but the NFL Front Office / Owners are a bloated , hypocritical pack of greedy shiesters .

ps - I'm no "conspiracy theorist " but it wouldnt shock me if the Colts GM "Na"POLIAN didnt have it in the back of his head that handing the Jets a W might actually be addition by subtraction ( Indy being the #1 seed would be well served by having weaker playoff bottom dwellers like the Jets around instead of stiffer competion like the Ravens / Steelers / or even the Texans who played em tough this year )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: NFL Rip-Off ~ GOODELL 's "Weak" 17 Decision STINKS

I think they should have left the game at 1:00pm but I was under the impression this was an NBC network decision that under contract has to be adhered to by the NFL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

This theory of yours makes a lot of sense maybe they did do it on purpose just to get the new york team into the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Your theory gets my vote.  Witness the blizzards of commercials during any game, while players stand around and wait, it the purpose of the NFL is clear.  Then think about the biggest media markets in the country with no participating team...

NYC
    LA
    Chicago
    SF / Bay Area
    DC area
    Houston
    Atlanta
    all of Florida

instead you broadcast...
    Green Bay
    Cincinnati
    Indianapolis
    Pittsburgh (maybe)
    Baltimore (maybe)

That would be bad business. And the NFL is run by smart businessmen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yes and scum bags.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

So . . .

Do we all get off Bill Polian now and start hammering NBC?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

At first I thought that it was NBC 's call too ... but common sense dictates that the NFL would have ultimate VETO power over something as important as final weekend scheduling ( Plus ~they are too shrewd NOT to have it written into the contract ) ...Just like in the Playoffs...NFL calls the shots as to who plays when , not the Networks.

Nah , this one is clearly an NFL higher up call.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I would rather keep hammering Polian because it's more fun.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

I actualy think the obvious choise for the sunday night game would be

Eagles @ Cowboys

for the Nfc east title and possibly the 2nd seed in the playoffs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Amen, brother. But, why are you surprised? Aren't actions like this expected from ex-Jets employee, Roger "Jets" Goodell? Didn't the NY media pressure him into fining the Jets' chief competitor an unprecedented $750,000, as well as stripping them of a #1 draft choice...for the bogus, media manufactured scandal, known as spygate?

As I've stated on numerous occasions...Goodell must go.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Pathetic is what I call this whiny thread. And CaptKangaroo, you ARE a conspiracy theorist just like many others on this site. If you didnt have the Colts and Roger Goodell to cry about constantly, you would not have anything to talk about.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Why would NBC want to broadcast a game, with playoff implication, that involves a large market team that will draw huge ratings? 

It about selling commercial time, not the best match-up.

Goodell has nothing to do with it as posted by e above.  NBC has the right to select any CBS or FOX unprotected game as chosen at the beginning of the year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy to NE fans?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Goodell is a brainless robot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diablotin. Show diablotin's posts

This isn't a conspiracy so much as it is a decision.  Either way, totally disgusting and you are 100% right that the NFL wants the Jets in the playoffs. I'm sure they'd like to have the defending champion Steelers in there too, but Policheat (love it!) made sure the Jets had the upper hand last week.  If you don't think these guys are thinking on those lines, you're out of your mind or just fooling yourself... they want the easiest road possible to the Super Bowl and will manipulate any variable they can to achieve it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

Folks. you know what my chief concern is? The playoff officiation. I just have a very queasy feeling that Polian is at it again With those bogus long PI calls. Here is what I am thinking. We PATS fans could write an open letter to Godell and Mark Perieria-the chief umpire and demand upfront that the games be called right. To make it even more forceful we could solicit the support of BOLTS and Jets and any other playoff contender and issue one letter to be published in the dailies of Major cities.Since 2006 AFC playoffs the COLTS are receipients of all those bogus calls. Apologies after bogus calls cost other teams champiuonships means nothing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Anyone who thinks that the league is not interested in wedging certain teams into the playoff picture to promote interest should take a very close look at Sunday's Bitchburgh/Baltimore game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

What do you all think? I think such a letter will be a good warning to the officials that we know whats going on and we are watching them. To do that however, we need to collect evidence of all such bogus calls since 2006 that we could lay hands on and present them in the letter.

Any other ideas?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Yeah, here's an idea. get a clue and drop it. Nobody outside of your little enclave of conspiracy theorists cares about your stupid letter writing suggestion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The NFL makes the decision on which game to move in consultation with NBC, CBS and Fox.

I wrote earlier that Cincy/Jets is the best matchup for rratings for several reasons:

1. One of two games with definite Wildcard implications (the other being Balt/Oak)

2. One of several games with potential seeding implications.

No other game of the day has both factors involved. This game should generate the most interest. Having the largest market involved doesn't hurt either.

I should also mention that a lot of this conspiracy theory is predicated on the Pats winning which negates any need or desire for Cincy to play its starters. Of course, the first thing wrong with that is that the Pats still have to win. If they lose, Cincy has the decision to rest their starters or keep them in to have a better chance at gaining the 3rd seed. The second issue is that even with the starters out, the backups aren't just going to stand out of the way. This is a league of professionals with a work ethic and a sense of pride. The Cincy backups will definitely be playing to win so a Jets win in this case might be easier, but it certainly isn't a lock. Mike Tomlin of the Steelers pointed out just such a scenario from a few years ago where the Steelers rested their players and had nothing to play for but still beat the Dolphins who needed a win to get into the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Nope, I was wrong..Here is a link to the rules of flex scheduling

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You do have to wonder what played in this decision.  Obviously, we can point to this being a NY based team being given an edge by having their game moved, but, who would really watch?  On the other hand, the Ravens - Raiders game is a win it or nothing for the Ravens no matter what happens elsewhere and we would see both teams battle it out.  The Raiders have done quite well playing the spoiler and I can't see them laying down for the Ravens.  In the end, the wink and nod discussions had between the NFL (make that EX Jets honcho Goodell) and the network to give the Jets a plausible edge based on an earlier game result does stink to high heaven.  Cronyism at its best!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The Jets/Bengals game is also a win it or nothing game for the Jets. It could also define AFC seeds. 
    Who would watch? The NY market and anyone with a vested interest in the Jets losing and any football fan...

It is technically the game with the most issues and greatest appeal. I am not sure why people are having such an issue with this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The issue, Enoch, is when you realize the game you are playing, win or lose makes no difference to your standing, what do you play for?  Pats lose, and the Bengals could control their fate, win and get a 3rd seed and the lesser of the two evil WC teams.  Pats win, Bengals couldn't car less, maybe?  I think what most people concern themselves with is another "Colts" type effort by the Bengals, thereby providing greased skids to the Jets to get into the playoffs.  Imagine you are on that team that needs to see the Jets lose and then see their opponent lay down and give the Jets a win.  If the Colts played to win, the Jets wouldn't be in this discussion!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Well, actually, that is a different issue. My response to that is too bad - play harder next year and you might not have to worry about anyone controlling your fate.

I am wondering why people think there is some huge conspiracy when the Jets/Bengals game is clearly the best game this weekend in terms of potential ratings. Yes, there is a sense of impropriety, but it doesn't change the fact that this game has the greatest impact on the playoffs and will likely draw the most viewers which will generate the most revenue. That is why they actually play the games.