NFL Rules and players haveing fun

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

NFL Rules and players haveing fun

I dont know about you guys,but i always enjoyed the td celebrations,the funny dances,or gestures the players did.they eather made you laugh,or so angry hopeing your team will deck the guy doing it.but the nfl rules put a stop to it.chad ocho was gonna do some tweeting,but the nfl said no.when is enough,enough?chad says he will do it any ways.maybe if enough players stand up to these stupid rules against haveing fun.just maybe they could be changed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/09/chads-not-happy-about-no-tweeting-rule/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: NFL Rules and players haveing fun

Hey Moss
    I'm not a fan of it for the most part. Some guy's do it in a manner that is OK. I just feel that if your getting paid to do a job. Just do your job.. I have no problem with Randy Moss doing his separation gesture. It's directed towards the crowd and it's over as fast as it starts. But for the most part I have MUCH more respect for the guy's that are workman like and satidfied with a job well done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Re: NFL Rules and players haveing fun:
    [QUOTE]Hey Moss I'm not a fan of it for the most part. Some guy's do it in a manner that is OK. I just feel that if your getting paid to do a job. Just do your job.. I have no problem with Randy Moss doing his separation gesture. It's directed towards the crowd and it's over as fast as it starts. But for the most part I have MUCH more respect for the guy's that are workman like and satidfied with a job well done.
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE] Justme, I agree with your accessment. These guys are paid   to be  professionals not a bunch of ignorant immatue kids playing in a pickup game in an open lot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to NFL Rules and players haveing fun:
    [QUOTE]I dont know about you guys,but i always enjoyed the td celebrations,the funny dances,or gestures the players did.they eather made you laugh,or so angry hopeing your team will deck the guy doing it.but the nfl rules put a stop to it.chad ocho was gonna do some tweeting,but the nfl said no.when is enough,enough?chad says he will do it any ways.maybe if enough players stand up to these stupid rules against haveing fun.just maybe they could be changed. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/09/chads-not-happy-about-no-tweeting-rule/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I generally have no issue with it and even enjoy most of them until they get out of hand. THe problem is defining that line. I think the NFL's line is far too strict and svcks enjoyment from the players. - For those who think they should be professional, etc... Why is not celebrating scoring a TD professional? It isn't an emotionless game, there shouldn't necessarily be emotionless TDs.

The tweeting? That is a bit ridiculous mainly because I view it as a distraction for the player. It is like me being on the Internet while at work. 

Chad is saying that he is focused on the season and applying himself. I am not sure how planning to tweet from the sideline is part of that ethos.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NFL Rules and players haveing fun : I generally have no issue with it and even enjoy most of them until they get out of hand. THe problem is defining that line. I think the NFL's line is far too strict and svcks enjoyment from the players. - For those who think they should be professional, etc... Why is not celebrating scoring a TD professional? It isn't an emotionless game, there shouldn't necessarily be emotionless TDs. The tweeting? That is a bit ridiculous mainly because I view it as a distraction for the player. It is like me being on the Internet while at work.  Chad is saying that he is focused on the season and applying himself. I am not sure how planning to tweet from the sideline is part of that ethos.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]I agree since when in playing a game,you dont have fun,but have to be professional?sure in pro sports you have to be serious,and work hard,but you also have to have fun,and enjoy it.or the enthusiasm will be gone very quickly.the last i checked.the players were wearing jerseys,and cleaks,and helmets.not suits,and ties,and penny loafers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think its a little crazy when a good guy like Wes Welker gets fined for doing a snow angel but i also dont need to see Chad Johnson acting like an idiot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I don't mind the celebrations like high-fiving your teammates or a quick little dance. But some of these guys who choreograph their acts (like Chad J.) are a bit out of line. I thought the snow angel, and Maroney jumping on Moss after the #23 TD was OK, and those flags were ridiculous. But the cell phones and such are too much. And these guys should be getting prepared to go back in when they're on the sidelines, not sending text messages (I'm not sure what "tweeting" is, but I assume it's along those lines). Also taunting the other team or even the fans should be penalized. But they should expect guys to get emotional after scoring a TD, especially in big games and key situations. But the rules always seem to be all or nothing, they evidently don't have much imagination in the league offices!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea tweeting is re tarded and its going to blow up in all of these people faces I can see it now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Yea tweeting is re tarded and its going to blow up in all of these people faces I can see it now.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't quite go so far as to say it has no value. It does. The first I heard about tweeting was in January of last year when a reporter was arrested in Egypt. He was able to get out a tweet before he was taken in and was rescued by the embassy (I don't have all the details, but it was something like that.) You can also see the value in it with the information coming out of Tehran. People are speaking and acting for change while their government still tries to suppress them. It can be pretty powerful actually. 

It also has some value to folks who feel that everyone else has the need to know what they are doing. We are heading this way culturally. (As a matter of fact, I am sure there were people who felt the telephone had no value because you could always write a letter or send a telegraph.) 

Personally, I don't think everyone needs to know what I am doing and, if they actually feel they do, I only have pity for them. I, of course, see no need to share everything I am doing because it seems to me it would distract me from what I am doing in the moment. I am also a bit more private than most.

Chad is of the mindset that people have the right to his opinions. You see people like that everyday. He has also had a pretty ballz out media blitz the past few months talking about how he is ready to return to the Browns with a vengeance and have the greatest season ever. I don't think tweeting will help him focus on that goal.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

There is a fine line for touchdown celebrations.  MVPkilla tried to draw the line between the snow angels and the cell phones, and I agree. It's somewhere in that range.  I don't like the penalty for excessive celebration because the refs aren't out there to judge how excessive a celebration is. A perfect example was the flag on TD #23.  Give me a break.

Meanwhile, no flag for Santonio Holmes little ball toss in the endzone of the super bowl.  Consistency is key.

Twitter......... ridiculous, but you know Chad will Tweet from the endzone after a score.  It'll happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Spike the ball, strike a pose, high five the guy who threw the block -- I see no problem with any of this. But I can understand where it's hard to know when and where to draw the line. Sure, we can all agree that guys like Chad Johnson or Terell Owens or Joe Horn, spending all week dreaming up some intricate, choreographed celebration is retarded. I don't particularly want to return to the days of the "smurfs" (How's that for a football nickname?), where the entire Redskins offense would gather in the endzone for milk and cookies and a group high five after every touchdown.

I think celebration can be reasonable.

But do I want to see Johnny Third String flexing and motioning "first down" when he makes his only catch of the season in a 42-6 blowout?

No thanks.

As much as this goes against most of the things I believe in, I think this may be an area where zero tolerance is the fairest solution.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"It also has some value to folks who feel that everyone else has the need to know what they are doing. We are heading this way culturally. " - Enoch

Thats the problem, thinsg like twitter are just furthering dumb America's obsession with the modern day celberty. Everytime some 12 year HAS TO HAVE a new Iphone or some other piece of junk teh Nation gets dumber. I honestly fear what the next few generation of this country will do, i have no faith in these kids, they have been dumbed down and dumbed down and dumbed down over and over there entire lives. Trust me I work with these kids and i see the way they think and act and its not good. The generations to come are all concerned with all the wrong things and twitter is just going to make it worse. IMO of course.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]"It also has some value to folks who feel that everyone else has the need to know what they are doing. We are heading this way culturally. " - Enoch Thats the problem, thinsg like twitter are just furthering dumb America's obsession with the modern day celberty. Everytime some 12 year HAS TO HAVE a new Iphone or some other piece of junk teh Nation gets dumber. I honestly fear what the next few generation of this country will do, i have no faith in these kids, they have been dumbed down and dumbed down and dumbed down over and over there entire lives. Trust me I work with these kids and i see the way they think and act and its not good. The generations to come are all concerned with all the wrong things and twitter is just going to make it worse. IMO of course.

I hear you, and I actually agree with you, but what we don't have at this point is the luxury of seeing the future.

The things you are saying above have been said about pretty much every, if not all, generations and technological advances. I look at kids who post naked pictures of themselves on SpaceBook (sic) who then say, "I don't know how other people got it. I set it on 'private'." as the hugest of dvmbazzes. I see the cult of celebrity for a child abuser (Yeah, yeah, the jury said he wasn't guilty, but would let him babysit your son?) and can't believe how blind some people are. But, I just try to keep an open mind, create more debt for my eventual grand kids and keep my fingers crossed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

well I am glad we agree lol

The whole M. Jackson thing is just the media making money thats all, they built him up after his death and an american icon and talked about how traggic it is that he died and they only did that so that in two weeks they could break him down, now that the funeral has passed they are already talking about how many drugs he was on and then after that they will talk about what kid he abused right before his death and its all just to make money thats all. They made it out to be such a traggic thing so that they could then turn around and say hey look he was on drugs! and it all sells.

America's obbsession with celeberty makes me sick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]well I am glad we agree lol The whole M. Jackson thing is just the media making money thats all, they built him up after his death and an american icon and talked about how traggic it is that he died and they only did that so that in two weeks they could break him down, now that the funeral has passed they are already talking about how many drugs he was on and then after that they will talk about what kid he abused right before his death and its all just to make money thats all. They made it out to be such a traggic thing so that they could then turn around and say hey look he was on drugs! and it all sells. America's obbsession with celeberty makes me sick.

I don't see a media conspiracy for stories. I did see a lot of fans who willfully blinded themselves to the fact that this guy pretty much came to the ledge of admitting he molested children and were affected by his death because, of all things, he gave them "Thriller". When it comes to celebrity, the media are more responsive than planning, in my opinion. They know the people want stories about an event and just keep piling it on knowing it will sell because the audience is basically demanding it. They are just taking advantage of a market. The real ones responsible are the ones demanding the stories in the first place. 

And I swear, if I am watching the news and I see one more middle-aged, chubby effeminate guy shrieking like a teenage girl at a Beatles concert because MJ happened to glance at his section of the crowd, I am going to pvke. I don't know why that image bothers me so, but it does. Get a hold of yourself, man. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to NFL Rules and players haveing fun:
    [QUOTE]I dont know about you guys,but i always enjoyed the td celebrations,the funny dances,or gestures the players did.they eather made you laugh,or so angry hopeing your team will deck the guy doing it.but the nfl rules put a stop to it.chad ocho was gonna do some tweeting,but the nfl said no.when is enough,enough?chad says he will do it any ways.maybe if enough players stand up to these stupid rules against haveing fun.just maybe they could be changed. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/09/chads-not-happy-about-no-tweeting-rule/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

i think that the nfl shouldnt be fining him for this situation. however, if i was his coach, id bench his a $$ no questions asked. if your on the field getting paid millions of dollars you bettter have your head in the game