NFL Teams - Rise and Fall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from STP43FAN. Show STP43FAN's posts

NFL Teams - Rise and Fall

Based on Chad Finn's piece -

NFL TEAMS ON THE RISE -

PATRIOTS - They purged primary cancer in locker room and have been getting younger on defense while their offense is still pound for pound among the league's best.  Brady contact dispute has been media fodder but realistically is certain to be resolved while backup Brian Hoyer is clearly being groomed for inevitable succession.

TITANS - They have a knack for fixing roster issues and Vince Young appears serious about his role, plus defense endured rough first year with Chuck Cecil but showed improvement in second half of the year.  The Rhodes scholar CB Myron Rolle may surprise a lot of people and Kenny Britt is a star in the making despite needing some work on his off-season conditioning.

RAVENS - While not the conference's best team as claimed in some circles, the Ravens are certainly in the AFC logjam for best as their coach and quarterback hit the ground running and have shown no particular weaknesses.

CHIEFS - Not that I buy into the hiring of Charlie Weis or Romeo Crennel, but the Chiefs endured a miserable 2009 yet showed reason to feel things will get better, notably with the emergence of Jamaal Charles and general improvement in play as the season went on.  While not ready to challenge for a playoff spot, the Chiefs showed enough to feel they can reach 8-8.

TEXANS - The process of improvement has been steady albiet rather slow and reaching 10-6 or better is now within reach.

JAGUARS - A lot of people dismiss the Jags, but they play hard and hit hard and that's always a necessity for improvement.

49ers - This team responds to Mike Singletary, and since taking over and yanking down his pants to show his displeasure with the team (how come Michael Felger isn't oogling tha butt the way he does Larry Fitzgerald's?) the Niners have gone 13-11.  Caveat remains the quarterback.

PANTHERS - Bouncing back from a terrible first half of the 2009 season with a new quarterback was an encouraging sign.

BUCCANEERS - It was an abysmal season, yet late in the going there was sign of life for the future.  It's going to be a long road but they may have some pieces to start the travel.

FALCONS - Like Baltimore the coach and quarterback hit the ground running and despite last year's dip still look solid in the ultra-competitive NFC South.

TEAMS ON THE FALL

COLTS - Yes, they've won 12 or more seven straight years and chances are still good to match 12-4 again, but it's been done to a great extent with smoke and mirrors - the lineup overall is flimsier than people give it credit for and weaknesses in the quarterback and overall team always get exposed come the playoffs.  It is impossible to see teams sticking with the failed formula of playing him scared, trying to control the clock, dropping back trying to stop big plays, and avoiding punching out Peyton, not after seeing the Saints get in Manning's face and punch him out.

DOLPHINS - Bill Parcells teams always hit the competitive wall after one or two seasons.  Chad Henne looks to be a good choice but the Dolphins are still too run-oriented to advance and Brandon Marshall is too trendy a pick to see Miami improve that much.

JETS - Their free-agent pickups played their way off their previous clubs; their quarterback showed no improvement as the season went on (don't give me guff about the playoffs because it was smoke and mirrors); their coach is undisciplined (the Mainstream Sports Media must really be in his pocket to ignore this); they're the Same Old Jets.

BRONCOS - Josh McDaniels is showing more and more he doesn't know what he's doing.  His apporach last year didn't work and the team looks like the last ten years of the Shanahan regime - they quit on the season in the second half.

STEELERS - Normally I'd say they'd rebound after such a disappointing season, but the self-destruction of Ben Roethlisberger looks to be worse than imagined from the first time around; not having him the first four to six games won't get the team better, plus they showed serious weaknesses on the O-line and defense - they lose Polamalu and their defense collapses?  That's insane, yet it happened.

REDSKINS - Why people think Shanahan is that good is puzzling as his Broncos teams collapsed the second halves of the season his last ten years there, plus Donovan McNabb always alienated his teammates to where they preferred his backups (notably Jeff Garcia) to him.

NY GIANTS - Let's face it - Eli is not that good; Coughlin is not that good; that Superbowl run was the ultimate fluke.  All of this became obvious as soon as Plaxico Burress shot himself - they've gone 9-12 since then.  The NFC East has the always-dangerous Eagles and they own the Giants now, and despite Tony Romo the Cowboys look better with Dez Bryant imitating Michael Irvin. 

VIKINGS - The collapse of Brett Favre always arrives come playoff time, but seeing how the Saints mauled him will make teams attack him harder just like Manning, this even though the Vikings have everything going for them in the depth of their roster.

SAINTS - Not that there's any particular weakness here, but SB champs quite often hit a wall the year of their title defense and the NFC South is too competitive for them to stay on top.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: NFL Teams - Rise and Fall

I can only vouch for the Patriots rising due to an unprecedented pile of young talent certainly getting better this off-season, the Colts threatening to fall a bit each year due to Peyton Manning's contract sucking up all the payroll money long-term, and leaving nothing for the rest of the football team, and the Jets are hiring a bunch of glamorous has-beens and alkies simply to sell their precious seat licenses (a tactic that isn't actually working but the front office sure tried hard at promotion).  Also the Jets had a creative new defensive scheme last year which helped them plenty, but teams like the Patriots were figuring it out the second game they played the Jets, 31-14.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: NFL Teams - Rise and Fall:
    I can only vouch for the Patriots rising due to an unprecedented pile of young talent certainly getting better this off-season,Posted by Paul_K

and with next years draft, the pats are ready for the future of more SB runs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I think a lot of this is highly debatable to say the least.

I'm a die hard Pats fan who had season tix for a long time but it's outright homerism when people refuse to acknowledge what Polian and the Colts have done.  The following statement is absurd:

"Yes, they've won 12 or more seven straight years and chances are still good to match 12-4 again, but it's been done to a great extent with smoke and mirrors"

Whether you hate the Colts or not, you don't win 12 or more games in 7 straight seasons through "smoke and mirrors".  They have vastly different philosophies than NE regarding how to build a team and the type of players they go after but you can't say it hasn't been succesful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I think a lot of this is highly debatable to say the least. I'm a die hard Pats fan who had season tix for a long time but it's outright homerism when people refuse to acknowledge what Polian and the Colts have done.  The following statement is absurd: "Yes, they've won 12 or more seven straight years and chances are still good to match 12-4 again, but it's been done to a great extent with smoke and mirrors"   Whether you hate the Colts or not, you don't win 12 or more games in 7 straight seasons through "smoke and mirrors".  They have vastly different philosophies than NE regarding how to build a team and the type of players they go after but you can't say it hasn't been succesful.
    Posted by siestafiesta

You are correct.  You continue to win 12 a year by playing in the JV division all while consistently getting game changing calls at critical junctures of the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I think a lot of this is highly debatable to say the least. I'm a die hard Pats fan who had season tix for a long time but it's outright homerism when people refuse to acknowledge what Polian and the Colts have done.  The following statement is absurd: "Yes, they've won 12 or more seven straight years and chances are still good to match 12-4 again, but it's been done to a great extent with smoke and mirrors"   Whether you hate the Colts or not, you don't win 12 or more games in 7 straight seasons through "smoke and mirrors".  They have vastly different philosophies than NE regarding how to build a team and the type of players they go after but you can't say it hasn't been succesful.
    Posted by siestafiesta

Agree, plus the Jets are on the rise not falling. They are the favorite to win the AFC East.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from STP43FAN. Show STP43FAN's posts

[QUOTE]I think a lot of this is highly debatable to say the least. I'm a die hard Pats fan who had season tix for a long time but it's outright homerism when people refuse to acknowledge what Polian and the Colts have done.  The following statement is absurd: "Yes, they've won 12 or more seven straight years and chances are still good to match 12-4 again, but it's been done to a great extent with smoke and mirrors"   Whether you hate the Colts or not, you don't win 12 or more games in 7 straight seasons through "smoke and mirrors".  They have vastly different philosophies than NE regarding how to build a team and the type of players they go after but you can't say it hasn't been succesful.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

As shown in the quote, I said they've done it to a great extent with smoke and mirrors.  That they have genuine muscle and depth is manifest, but you don't collapse in the playoffs as consistently as they do if you're really as deep as people think they are.  I didn't say it han't been successful, I said it was not as good as it's advertised to be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: NFL Teams - Rise and Fall : As shown in the quote, I said they've done it to a great extent with smoke and mirrors.  That they have genuine muscle and depth is manifest, but you don't collapse in the playoffs as consistently as they do if you're really as deep as people think they are.  I didn't say it han't been successful, I said it was not as good as it's advertised to be.
    Posted by STP43FAN

The colts one of the best in the league at picking up premium guys through the draft. They rarely miss in the first and second rounds and they have those guys becoming playmakers while they're still on their rookie contracts. Feeney, sanders, clark and addai all fall into that category.

You'd think that paying jughead something like 20% of their total salary cap $ would weaken them across the board but and this would catch up to them at some point, but they're getting it done, so far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'll believe it when I see it.

Otherwise, every objective analysis would suggest the Patriots are a team on the fall.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

NFL TEAMS ON THE RISE -

PATRIOTS -
    Shouldn't even be here for a couple of reasons.  One is youth.  You don't know what you have until the season starts and the Pats are very young at defense.  The good thing is Bill is the coach and these kids will be coached up.  The second reason is the Pats won the division last year so how much does one improve on that?  I see the Pats as a question mark at this time.

TITANS -
    Until they start beating Indy they are not in this category.  How Fisher keeps his job is beyond me.

RAVENS -
    Agreed.  Very strong looking team.

CHIEFS -
    Well, they sure did go after some coaching talent.  Didn't get to address some needs on defense but hey, you can only do so much.  Yep, a team on the rise.

TEXANS -
    How many more years are we going to hear about the Texans a team to watch out for?  Again, if you don't show up against Indy I don't consider them.

JAGUARS -
    They get their two tackles back!  I couldn't believe what happened to them last year when they lost their two starting tackles in pre-season.  Ouch!  Come back when you beat Indy.

49ers -
    Agreed.  They better show something this year.  Fans are starting to have expectations.

PANTHERS -
    These guys should be on the other list.  You've just purged the team.  What defensive line?  In big time rebuild mode.

BUCCANEERS -
    Although I expect them to improve some what I don't think it deserves them being mentioned in this group.  A youth movement with a questionable coaching staff.

FALCONS -
    Agree.

TEAMS ON THE FALL

COLTS -
    How can you place this team here?  I don't get it.  They choke in the playoffs this we know but they are a juggernaut during the season.  Don't get it.

DOLPHINS -
    I've hated Parcells and his arrogance since he left the Pats for the Jets.  But I respect how he can turn a team around.  To place the Dolphins here is silly.  I don't think he's done.  One thing Bill will do is level off at some point but the Dolphins will be very competitive.

JETS -
    Shouldn't be here for this year but next is when contracts are coming due and you can't please everyone.  This team is built for a one year run.

BRONCOS -
    Perhaps the Broncos belong here because McDaniels is building a team around his football philosophy.  This takes time and they weren't winning with the guys they had before so he's probably got some time before results are going to be demanded.

STEELERS -
    The Steelers will be an interesting watch this year. 

REDSKINS -
    I agree with you on Shanahan and McNabb.  But how could this team get worse?
    I would have this team on the rise if anything. 

NY GIANTS - 
    I can see you point here.

VIKINGS -
    If Favre doesn't show up this team is toast but otherwise they will be back in the drivers seat as this team is loaded.

SAINTS -
    This team still has a lot of talent.  Still one of the SB faves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Gary,

Good point on the pats. Don't know how they can be "on the rise" when they won the division, unless this means they win the division and then at least 1 playoff game as compared to a year ago. 

I don't know if I would put the pats "on the rise", but I would say they have improved both sides of the ball pretty well. We'll see a more diverse offense with new targets, and a defense although young, some second year players coming into their own. I think this defense has a lot of of potential. The question is how quickly can they start playing to that potential is anyone's guess. 

I for one am not worried about the D. I think it's not stellar, but solid enough. If TB and this offense can crank it up (which we have the personnel to do), the D won't be put into pressure situations early and often. I like the Pats chances this year to not only win the division, but get deep into the playoffs. They have a very tough schedule. If they can get through that schedule 12-4, this team would have proven something.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to NFL Teams - Rise and Fall:
    Based on Chad Finn's piece - NFL TEAMS ON THE RISE - PATRIOTS - They purged primary cancer in locker room and have been getting younger on defense while their offense is still pound for pound among the league's best.  Brady contact dispute has been media fodder but realistically is certain to be resolved while backup Brian Hoyer is clearly being groomed for inevitable succession. TITANS - They have a knack for fixing roster issues and Vince Young appears serious about his role, plus defense endured rough first year with Chuck Cecil but showed improvement in second half of the year.  The Rhodes scholar CB Myron Rolle may surprise a lot of people and Kenny Britt is a star in the making despite needing some work on his off-season conditioning. RAVENS - While not the conference's best team as claimed in some circles, the Ravens are certainly in the AFC logjam for best as their coach and quarterback hit the ground running and have shown no particular weaknesses. CHIEFS - Not that I buy into the hiring of Charlie Weis or Romeo Crennel, but the Chiefs endured a miserable 2009 yet showed reason to feel things will get better, notably with the emergence of Jamaal Charles and general improvement in play as the season went on.  While not ready to challenge for a playoff spot, the Chiefs showed enough to feel they can reach 8-8. TEXANS - The process of improvement has been steady albiet rather slow and reaching 10-6 or better is now within reach. JAGUARS - A lot of people dismiss the Jags, but they play hard and hit hard and that's always a necessity for improvement. 49ers - This team responds to Mike Singletary, and since taking over and yanking down his pants to show his displeasure with the team (how come Michael Felger isn't oogling tha butt the way he does Larry Fitzgerald's?) the Niners have gone 13-11.  Caveat remains the quarterback. PANTHERS - Bouncing back from a terrible first half of the 2009 season with a new quarterback was an encouraging sign. BUCCANEERS - It was an abysmal season, yet late in the going there was sign of life for the future.  It's going to be a long road but they may have some pieces to start the travel. FALCONS - Like Baltimore the coach and quarterback hit the ground running and despite last year's dip still look solid in the ultra-competitive NFC South. TEAMS ON THE FALL COLTS - Yes, they've won 12 or more seven straight years and chances are still good to match 12-4 again, but it's been done to a great extent with smoke and mirrors - the lineup overall is flimsier than people give it credit for and weaknesses in the quarterback and overall team always get exposed come the playoffs.  It is impossible to see teams sticking with the failed formula of playing him scared, trying to control the clock, dropping back trying to stop big plays, and avoiding punching out Peyton, not after seeing the Saints get in Manning's face and punch him out. DOLPHINS - Bill Parcells teams always hit the competitive wall after one or two seasons.  Chad Henne looks to be a good choice but the Dolphins are still too run-oriented to advance and Brandon Marshall is too trendy a pick to see Miami improve that much. JETS - Their free-agent pickups played their way off their previous clubs; their quarterback showed no improvement as the season went on (don't give me guff about the playoffs because it was smoke and mirrors); their coach is undisciplined (the Mainstream Sports Media must really be in his pocket to ignore this); they're the Same Old Jets. BRONCOS - Josh McDaniels is showing more and more he doesn't know what he's doing.  His apporach last year didn't work and the team looks like the last ten years of the Shanahan regime - they quit on the season in the second half. STEELERS - Normally I'd say they'd rebound after such a disappointing season, but the self-destruction of Ben Roethlisberger looks to be worse than imagined from the first time around; not having him the first four to six games won't get the team better, plus they showed serious weaknesses on the O-line and defense - they lose Polamalu and their defense collapses?  That's insane, yet it happened. REDSKINS - Why people think Shanahan is that good is puzzling as his Broncos teams collapsed the second halves of the season his last ten years there, plus Donovan McNabb always alienated his teammates to where they preferred his backups (notably Jeff Garcia) to him. NY GIANTS - Let's face it - Eli is not that good; Coughlin is not that good; that Superbowl run was the ultimate fluke.  All of this became obvious as soon as Plaxico Burress shot himself - they've gone 9-12 since then.  The NFC East has the always-dangerous Eagles and they own the Giants now, and despite Tony Romo the Cowboys look better with Dez Bryant imitating Michael Irvin.  VIKINGS - The collapse of Brett Favre always arrives come playoff time, but seeing how the Saints mauled him will make teams attack him harder just like Manning, this even though the Vikings have everything going for them in the depth of their roster. SAINTS - Not that there's any particular weakness here, but SB champs quite often hit a wall the year of their title defense and the NFC South is too competitive for them to stay on top.
    Posted by STP43FAN

I don't know where you got this from. Chad Finn stated the Titans,Dolphins,49ers,Lions on the rise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: NFL Teams - Rise and Fall : The colts one of the best in the league at picking up premium guys through the draft. They rarely miss in the first and second rounds and they have those guys becoming playmakers while they're still on their rookie contracts. Feeney, sanders, clark and addai all fall into that category. You'd think that paying jughead something like 20% of their total salary cap $ would weaken them across the board but and this would catch up to them at some point, but they're getting it done, so far.
    Posted by unclealfie

Good assessment, Alfie.  The team has often given starting spots on defense to unheralded rookies and 1st- and 2nd-year players.  These players generally start for two to four years, and then they leave in FA.  (Dave Thornton, Jason David, Cato June, Nick Harper, Marlin Jackson, etc.)  If they prove critical enough, they're getting a long-term contract nowadays (Brackett, Bethea, Sanders, Freeney, Mathis).  The strategy allows the Colts to save some money, which has enabled them to afford the offensive stars - Manning, Clark, Wayne, Harrison, Edgerrin.  They are swinging towards keeping the defensive stars nowadays, but the strategy of drafting well and giving the young players responsibility transcending their low draft status is what enables the Colts to be the most consistently excellent team in the NFL. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: NFL Teams - Rise and Fall : You are correct.  You continue to win 12 a year by playing in the JV division all while consistently getting game changing calls at critical junctures of the game.
    Posted by Tcal2

like anyone else in the AFC east was playing great football from 2001-2007?

the division was woefully bad

and the pats have definitely gotten their fair share of calls as well

please everyone stop with the polian conspiracy theories

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

NE did not phantom calls at every home game played with Indy, every year. Hige difference. 2008's match up was cleanly called and it was ironically when Matt Cassel was playing.  Hmm. Of course teams get calls, but it seems to balance out. Not in this case with Polian IN INDY.  Your generalization is utterly ridiculous and I bet every Pats fan here is shaking their head in agreement. You just can't make one normal statement, can you? Clueless.  
    Posted by russgriswold

A. prove they did, which you cant
    B. prove indy gets an advantage from polian, which you cant
    C. prove ronnie brown paid off public officials to get out of his DUI, which you cant
    D. what is a normal statement? one where i fall over myself to agree with you? keep dreaming...or nightmaring...or are you going to call me out for vocabulary again?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

RISE
    Detroit-signed/drafted players on defense
    Green Bay- players and coaches on D
    KC-new blood
    BALTIMORE-might be SB team from the AFC
    9ERS- Mike will have these guys playing,the will go as far as the QB takes them.

FALL
    PATS-Defensive issues in the backfield have not been addressed IMO & offensive inconsistency (running game)
    INDY-LB weakness & DB's stink, QB is old with shaken confidence
    Chargers-questions on D as well holdouts will hurt this team
    Bengals- boring football doesn't spell success IMO
    Eagles-though I think Kevin Kolb is a very good QB, there is a learning curve
    Cardinals- Warner out , Leinart in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: NFL Teams - Rise and Fall : How can I prove something subjective like pass interference? I can't. You're just too stupid to even be talkingn to. No wonder why Alfie has you on ignore.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out why any Pats fan would engage you serioiusly in a discussion. I get dumber with every post of yours I respond to. You do realize the NFL sent a letter of apology for the "faceguarding" call int he 2006 AFC Title game, correct?  I have never seen that happen in any Conf Title game in my life.  Ever. Why don't YOU prove where that has happened, Einstein. You do realize, that mysteriously, one of the most disciplined teams ever year in the NFL (FACT) in NE was flagged for 140+ yards of penalties in the 2007 regular season game, correct? You do realize that the 4th and 2 call last year was called incorrectly by a side judge, with a blocked view of final reception, who marked Kevin Faulk well short of the 30 yard line, which means he had final possession where he was pushed back to, correct? Pause this at :05, dribble lips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OK3pa51v-Q
    Posted by russgriswold

Man, Russ - you must have responded to quite a few JimmyJack posts over the years to became as dumb as you are!  I like your posting of a youtube video that shows the same view eight times - and, of course, it's a view in which you can't see the double clutch that we all know occurred.  (Are we not supposed to remember this?)  No single video shows the correct spot, but taking them all into consideration, he seemed to be just shy of 30.  Wasn't there a post a little while ago about how Colt fans are always giving excuses?  You realize that with all this crap about "phantom calls" and bad spots, that's exactly what you keep doing, don't you?  Take it like a man and admit your team got beat!  They got beat last year, and they got beat in the AFCCG!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

so you cant prove it? thought so...im just pointing out how foolish it is to espouse a polian theory when there is no such proof

and also, its not the first time the NFL has apoligized for its refs and i certainly dont think it will be the last...bad calls happen...thats the game

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

IMHO if Indy is on the fall its because management quit on the team. They should have an undefeated season, but sadly they wanted to rest their players. The team will quit on management if that situation ever comes up again.

If you want to talk about smoke and mirrors you can as well put the Pats in that catagory with the epic collapse against baltimore in the playoffs last year. I don't remember winning against a good team last year.

I agree with the winning 12 games a year takes more then smoke and mirrors.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think Miami is a real contender, I'm not as convinced the Jets are.  I suppose you could say the Colts and Saints are on the way down since there is only one direction to go when you're on top.  I expect the Colts to be consistent contenders again.  Who knows with the Saints, they haven't proven they are consistent winners yet, so I can't say if there will be there next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

I think Miami is a real contender, I'm not as convinced the Jets are.  I suppose you could say the Colts and Saints are on the way down since there is only one direction to go when you're on top.  I expect the Colts to be consistent contenders again.  Who knows with the Saints, they haven't proven they are consistent winners yet, so I can't say if there will be there next year.
    Posted by shenanigan

The Colts are NOT on top. If they would've played the San Diego Chargers last year at anytime,  anywhere from the first game to their last game, they would've lost. So, don't give me any of that 'on top' stuff. 1 team finishes on top and that's the Saints, period. The Colts continue to be the posers that they've always been.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: NFL Teams - Rise and Fall : The Colts are NOT on top. If they would've played the San Diego Chargers last year at anytime,  anywhere from the first game to their last game, they would've lost. So, don't give me any of that 'on top' stuff. 1 team finishes on top and that's the Saints, period. The Colts continue to be the posers that they've always been.
    Posted by jbolted

I agree but after watching the replay on NFL ntk of the Pats(armed with 37 year old Troy Brown and Reche Caldwell) going into SD and beating you guys in 2006 when you were the best team in football, then I would have to say the Chargers are not far behind the Colts as..."Posers"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: NFL Teams - Rise and Fall : Tapping the ball to your chest before being drilled is not a "double clutch".  It was actually a very intelligent thing to do, which is not surprising considering Faulkl's style of play, "Jules". If you pause that clip at 5 seconds, he has the ball firmly against his chest at the very least, at the 30 yard line. IN FACT, both FEET are OVER the 30 yard line when he is hit. The ball never jostled or move after final possession. This is a fact.
    Posted by russgriswold

Meanwhile, back in the REAL world, that clip does not show when he has the ball "firmly against his chest".  If you see that, you've been eating mushrooms.  You have to see the straight upfield shot to see when he had control, and it seems to be slightly after his foot hits the ground.  Your view shows his foot comes down right around the 30, but his upper body is being impelled backwards by the defender.  Seems most reasonable to believe the ball is not quite to the 30.  But the funny thing is that this is a game that has been decided for eight months or so!  And you're still stewing and whining about it!  I think that's just fantastic!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: NFL Teams - Rise and Fall : The Colts are NOT on top. If they would've played the San Diego Chargers last year at anytime,  anywhere from the first game to their last game, they would've lost. So, don't give me any of that 'on top' stuff. 1 team finishes on top and that's the Saints, period. The Colts continue to be the posers that they've always been.
    Posted by jbolted

No, man, you're not bitter at all!  Hope all the "ifs" and "would'ves" make you feel better!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Teams - Rise and Fall : No, man, you're not bitter at all!  Hope all the "ifs" and "would'ves" make you feel better!
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QTE]

No, it's just that I get sick of hearing how great the Colts, when that team is just very simply no match for San Diego.