Nice to see.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Nice to see.

speaking of real Patriots fans. I heading up to New england this summer, and gonna spend a couple days in Cape Cod. What do some you bay staters recommend as the best beach to hang out on the Cape?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Depends on what you think of as best. The further up the cape you get the nicer it's gets but also the more touristy and more expensive it is. Try some of the lower islands. Really nice areas with some good local bars

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Nice to see.:
    Depends on what you think of as best. The further up the cape you get the nicer it's gets but also the more touristy and more expensive it is. Try some of the lower islands. Really nice areas with some good local bars
    Posted by PatsEng

are you refering to MV and nantucket? I won't be hitting bars. Juest want a nice beach with warm water as compared to the beaches in Maine and New hampshire.

What do you mean by up the Cape? North? or over by Provincetown?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In my wild, misspent youth, we would usually go out to Truro if we were going "down the Cape," but that was long and many years ago and I wouldn't know if it has retained it's rustic charm after all this time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Kansas, we spent a week in Eastham and it was a blast because you have two kinds of beaches "bayside" or "oceanside".   Bayside is all quiet and you wade for a half a mile, oceanside is all waves crashing body surfing....enjoy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Race Point..it's a short hike...bring your pack for the day

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Kansas, we spent a week in Eastham and it was a blast because you have two kinds of beaches "bayside" or "oceanside".   Bayside is all quiet and you wade for a half a mile, oceanside is all waves crashing body surfing....enjoy.
    Posted by HRK103

thanks for the tip, looks like they have a nice lighthouse attraction too. i'll put that on the list

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lol sorry Kansas I'm use to Mass speak when it comes to the cape. By up I mean island hopping. The further you get from the main land generally the nicer it gets.

I'm with P-Mike, fond memories in Truro. Chatham is also a nice area with some good summer baseball too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

In my mind the Nauset/Chatham area is the best for beaches. I've always felt that anything in or around the Hyannis area (Craigville especially) is vastly overrated. Sandy Neck isn't that great of a beach for swimming, but it's good if you have a car with four-wheel drive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Kansas, I don't live near the Cape but I've been their a few times, what's nice is that it's small and if it's not to crowded you can from Woods Hole to Ptown in no time.
    If you like seafood you'll be in heaven.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i agree with the person who suggested truro. if you like golf too, there's a laid back 9-holer links-style course there. it's not tournament-class (not even close by any means) but still fun to play.

if you're around the elbow, i would recommend nauset. its' long and wide. some segments wil have lots of people, but you should be able find an area with nobody within 100 yards of you on either side.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

If you like seafood you'll be in heaven.
    Posted by HRK103

I don't mention this too much, but I'm originally form upstate NH, my godmother use to treat to lobster rolls all the time, i lived in south NH for a while and lived off seafood. whenever i go visit my parents in Maine, i have nothing but fresh seaford. out here on the praries they think red lobster is fresh, LOL

if you ever get up to northern new england, try Newicks in Dover, NH or Billy's Chowder House in Wells Beach, ME

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

if you ever get up to northern new england, try Newicks in Dover, NH or Billy's Chowder House in Wells Beach, ME

Thanks for the tip, sounds like a bike trip to me :^)