NINETEEN Seconds

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from psutara. Show psutara's posts

NINETEEN Seconds

inexcusable not to call timeout with 19 seconds left on the six yard line.  Two shots at the endzone and then a FG if both passes fall incomplete.  Belichik needs to come out and own up to completely screwing that up.  Worst clock management in a game ever by this coach. I want answers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: NINETEEN Seconds

that drove me crazy too.......looked like they were wasting time on purpose.....never seen them look so confused about what was at stake.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

brady could have called a timeout as well....i agree it was poor clock management on both of their parts... but its not like it really cost them the game. i guess as far as momentum goes, a td there would have been huge....but they didnt even score in the 2nd half.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

should never happen like that in a playoff game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

BB the genuis we're discussung . Is that right? When does he lose the genuis monicker??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to psutara's comment:

inexcusable not to call timeout with 19 seconds left on the six yard line.  Two shots at the endzone and then a FG if both passes fall incomplete.  Belichik needs to come out and own up to completely screwing that up.  Worst clock management in a game ever by this coach. I want answers!

This absolutely is not on Belichick, it's on Brady. That was a rookie mistake out there and I bet if you asked him Brady would be the first to take the blame. Also, Hernandez tried to get one extra yard by staying in bounds on the previous play which was very stupid. Piss poor clock management all the way around and a very bad omen of things to come.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Probably the most inexplicable of the issues coming out of this game, in my opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Probably the most inexplicable of the issues coming out of this game, in my opinion.

Agreed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

brady could have called a timeout as well....i agree it was poor clock management on both of their parts... but its not like it really cost them the game. i guess as far as momentum goes, a td there would have been huge....but they didnt even score in the 2nd half.

Agree. But, some on this biard have placed teh ooss squarely on Welker for his drop inside the 20, as if a TD was a guarandamnteed thing that WOULD have happened. It was embarrassing......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to psutara's comment:

And why exactly does BB "need to come out and own up??" We all know it was a screw up by both him and Brady. Since when do they owe YOU anything for explanations? They don't report to you or any of the fans, and are under no obligation to tell you a damned thing.

They played like crap....got there butts kicked.....season over....get over it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

How about Hernandez staying in bounds at the 26 second mark, getting mayb an extra yard or two and wasting a time out? 

That whole drive was a time management disaster. It started with 2:32 on the clock at the Ravens 43 yard-line. The ran three plays and gained nine yards in the next 1:36. By the :34 mark, they were only at the 27 yard-line.

They were so concered with not leaving time on the clock for the Ravens to do anything that they played themselves out of a chance at the end zone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

Agree. But, some on this biard have placed teh ooss squarely on Welker for his drop inside the 20, as if a TD was a guarandamnteed thing that WOULD have happened. It was embarrassing......

the welker drop was big...it was a momentum shifter...but yea to say it cost them the game is ridiculous. they had plenty of chances after that to score, and they didnt. 400+ yards of offense and only 13 points?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Be sure to not leave Brady out of it. Because heaven forbid the HC actually make the decision on clock management. Get back to me when you figure out where the buck stops on that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to jam757's comment:

Agreed

TB/BB should both be held responsible for this issue. The whole problem occurred when Hernandez caught the pass that gave them the 1st down and could have gone out of bounds at the 13 and instead he stayed in to gain 3 more yards and the need to burn the 2nd timeout. pretty bad situational awareness by Hern.  Then Brady and BB just screwed the proverbial pooch right after that.

Hern = dunce. Well, he IS a TE.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Be sure to not leave Brady out of it. Because heaven forbid the HC actually make the decision on clock management. Get back to me when you figure out where the buck stops on that.

they both screwed up that situation. the qb has just as much a right to call a timeout in that situation as BB does. overall i think BB got outcoached badly in that game, but trying to deflect blame from brady on that is silly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to jam757's comment:

Agreed

TB/BB should both be held responsible for this issue. The whole problem occurred when Hernandez caught the pass that gave them the 1st down and could have gone out of bounds at the 13 and instead he stayed in to gain 3 more yards and the need to burn the 2nd timeout. pretty bad situational awareness by Hern.  Then Brady and BB just screwed the proverbial pooch right after that.

Absolutely correct. Thats the real part that is inexcusable.

...but fans usually only want to focus on and remember the final play just before a result they don't like. Anything else contributing or compounding the situation is irrelevant to them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Brady shouldn't have run it either. Two yard run does nothing, throw it out of bounds and stop the clock.

I can understand why they didnt want to use the TO. In the SEA game, they ran out of time because Russel Wilson got sacked. If Brady got sacked on the next play or they got the ball without stopping the ball, we could hav lost the opportunity for even a field goal.

But after seeing how long it took for them to line up, someone should have called a TO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

the welker drop was big...it was a momentum shifter...but yea to say it cost them the game is ridiculous. they had plenty of chances after that to score, and they didnt. 400+ yards of offense and only 13 points?

Well, let's pick that marvelous football mind of yours. Since BB isn't responsible fot the clock, Welker's drops weren't a problem, what WAS the big problem?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

The dominos fell ...

AH should have gone OOB on the prior play.

Brady should have thrown it away instead of running.

Seeing TB brain f@rt it is stunning that BB did not call TO.

I remember a game where Drew Bledoe was baited into running for the endzone with no TOs left and he was tackled around the three yard line.  Game over.  That was classic Bledsoe.  I expect more from TB and BB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Well, let's pick that marvelous football mind of yours. Since BB isn't responsible fot the clock, Welker's drops weren't a problem, what WAS the big problem?

capatilizing in the red zone....also turning the ball over at midfield, even though ridley got knocked out so its tough to put too much blame there. overall, they moved the ball down the field pretty well, and then did absolutely nothing when they got to the opposing 25.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

they both screwed up that situation. the qb has just as much a right to call a timeout in that situation as BB does. overall i think BB got outcoached badly in that game, but trying to deflect blame from brady on that is silly.

I'm just a silly guy compared to you and your burgeoning and flawless analysis. But tell me, what the hell was BB busy doing that he couldn't manage the clock? Brady was a little busy trying to get players to the line that were supposed to be adept at the no huddle? If Brady is co-blamee maybe we should just let BB go to the locker room for a coffee during critical gametime moments. After all, it's Brady's job right? Any critique for the 10 other offensive players that took far too long to line up as Brady urged them to the line?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

I'm just a silly guy compared to you and your burgeoning and flawless analysis. But tell me, what the hell was BB busy doing that he couldn't manage the clock? Brady was a little busy trying to get players to the line that were supposed to be adept at the no huddle? If Brady is co-blamee maybe we should just let BB go to the locker room for a coffee during critical gametime moments. After all, it's Brady's job right? Any critique for the 10 other offensive players that took far too long to line up as Brady urged them to the line?

yea they all screwed up. all im saying is excluding brady from the blame is ridiculous. its obvious the offense wasnt lining up very fast and brady was pretty upset with that. its also obvious that BB had no clue what he was doing at that point in time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

capatilizing in the red zone....also turning the ball over at midfield, even though ridley got knocked out so its tough to put too much blame there. overall, they moved the ball down the field pretty well, and then did absolutely nothing when they got to the opposing 25.

So where is the blame? That's the question.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

yea they all screwed up. all im saying is excluding brady from the blame is ridiculous. its obvious the offense wasnt lining up very fast and brady was pretty upset with that. its also obvious that BB had no clue what he was doing at that point in time.

So Brady is to blame as well as he is urging his team to get to the line. A team that is supposed to be well versed in the hurry up. And they drag their azzes. Meanwhile BB is watching the whole thing and waits forever to pull the trigger. But Brady is just as much at fault as BB? Gotcha.