Nnamdi Asomugha signs with 49ers

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha signs with 49ers

Hey sorry to be so insensative. Sometimes peoples actions here can be contagious. I usually try to keep my jabs football related where personal things dont get mentioned.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

great move by them.. imagine if they get revis as well? i dont c anyone not named seattle beating them!

I'm not so sure the Seahawks could beat them this season, especially if the add Revis.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Typical Rusty. Resorts to name calling once his lies are exposed. You are easy to predict.

SO its cool for you to assault someones character that you dont know personally(something you do here daily) and yet when someone calls you out for it and tells you are wrong, its "I dont care about his tattoo" ??? So why the h3ll did you bring it up way back to try to use it as a reason to hate him leaving?? fact is BB should have kept him in hindsight looking at the all the busts and wasted money spent on replacing him and we will still draft another CB this year as well as sign another one next year when Talib goes for greener pastures. Try not being a D*ck for once and maybe people wont be able to come back and make you look foolish.

Your post get removed so quick you never have to worry though do you. OK, I was actually talking to Alfred but since you asked. Ok, lets assume Asomough(sp) is broke, ok. Does this somehow translate to him not being a fit? I may agree somewhat he isnt a fit, but it wouldnt be becaus he is broke. If he IS broke, wouldnt he want to play WELL in order to get paid in next years market like TALIB seems to be doing??  Whats good for the goose......

Smh at you

Dude, I never hated Samuel for leaving. You have me mixed up with someone else. Samuel wanted money more so than staying with a winning organization and trying to win another SB. And that's fine.

I was fine with BB walking after 2007.  Totally fine. 

Are you related to Samuel?  

There was no way on god's green earth they could afford what he wanted in 2008!  How hard is this grasp?   They tried to get him his second deal in 2006 and he rejected their offers because the market was growing and he was arguably the best CB in the NFL at that time. He, Asomugha, Rashean Mathis was quite good at the time, Champ Bailey, etc, but it was a short list.

He was in demand, he knew he could get more, Philly wildly overpaid and here we are.

As for Asmougha, he's not a fit because we don't need a perimeter guy here. We need a guy who has perimeter experience, is better in the slot to compete with Arrington and Cole, and a guy who will actually play zone and help on STs.

That's the guy we need. Asmougha, in NO WAY, is that guy.

If his agent came knocking and said "he really wants to go for it and doesn't care how you use him, BB", then he'd be here.

He's from No. Cal, they paid him the most and he's happy because he starts on the edge for a very good team. Perfect fit for him.

MY issue if I was a fan would be the idea that offenses know my D is playing man all the time, which is an advantage to an offense, IMO.

That means you can move Asmougha all over the field by putting whoever he is on, in motion.

Not a huge deal, but I think it limits your scheming if you have a CB uunwilling to play a good zone as part of a strategy.

Same thing in basketball or hockey.  Zone is a strategy, not just something you resort too because you don't have anyone who can play man. 

These things we agree on. Like I said I would mostly agree with him maybe not being a fit here but that was also obvious to me with the Ocho and haynesworth signings yet BB saw the need to go there. Ocho was a twitter Ho who self advertised and came from simple system,. and Aintsworth was just a bad human being with THE worse jusdgement and just came from fleecing and giving up on one team.  Im just saying there is a bigger reason for him falling off than "he plays man" or "he is washed up"  The Eagles schemes since JJ left have been HORRID, lets just admit that. ALL 3 CBS from the dream team are gone now and we are to believe they ALL couldnt play and now Reid gets to leave that mess without question??? Reid is overated. he knows the game but kills QBs careers with his 70/30 pass/run ratio which makes US look like a run team. I just want fans to stop being so negative about guys who dont play here and so Over excited about the ones that do unless there is good reason. I dont think some of the posters here are factoring all that in.

Yeah, but Ocho and Haynesworth weren't meant to be base guys here.  They were meant to sort of tip the scales at WR and DT. I still have no idea why people are so offended with BB taking fliers on quirky players who aren't expected to be part of a base.  It didn't work as planned, Haynesworth is done, Ocho is done, and that's that. But, to even have the leverage to make those moves? It's the approach that matters.

We don't need a base here anymore. It's been done. I don't think people realize or acknowledge that the talent BB has here, both on offense and defense, with some small tweaks left, that he has his base.

It's here. All these names on D that people think stink don't stink and are about to really make many here eat their words for years to come. Don't be shocked if BB and Kraft are putting together deals for McCourty and Spikes, as we speak.

They just don't have a SB ring on their finger, so some here play wet blanket and pretend they aren't good. 

If you remember, I was a big Asmougha fan 3 years ago, putting him above Revis, well, because he was.  He then sold himself to the highest bidder, Reid panicked and went for Vick, etc, etc, and now got fired.

I said at the time that the Vick thing would be his undoing, but it's clear Reid basically told Roseman what to do.   Reid is no longer there because of this. Good coach, has never quite had an elite QB, so it's been his undoing. I bet he and Smith in KC with Pioli brought in there, will do well.  No doubt in my mind. 

One Asmougha got that huge deal, he hasn't been as good. You seem to think it's a coincidence, but I don't. He was playing for that huge deal like Revis, got it, and now Philly is paying for it.

Remember that Philly troll on here in 2011?  I told him Vick was done, Reid just made a collosal mistake, and that shopping spree all at once would backfire. He hasn't been here since that became apparent.  Not a shock.  Some fans fall for the trendy name approach and it just never works. It  might for a short time, but it's never enough.

I think SF made a good move. I didn't say anything different. All I am saying is, we have a pocket of fans here, that whenever a trendy name signs elsewhwere, it becomes this premise of "BB blew it!"

He didn't blow anything. I would have been SHOCKED if they were even glancing at his direction.

Shocked.

Yeah, but Ocho and Haynesworth weren't meant to be base guys here. They were meant to sort of tip the scales at WR and DT. I still have no idea why people are so offended with BB taking fliers on quirky players who aren't expected to be part of a base. It didn't work as planned, Haynesworth is done, Ocho is done, and that's that. But, to even have the leverage to make those moves? It's the approach that matters.

do you even believe bull like this when u write it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

keep changing your premise burger. everybody understands why nnamdi was a bad fit for philly and why he was released.

what you said was that he is an egomaniac, uncoachable, locker room cancer who doesn't want to win. you have yet to provide a source for any of your actual BS premises. keep back peddling burger you might get a call from BB to play CB!

That's correct. Any CB who is about to go from 15 million and won't play zone because he thinks he's above it, is absolutely not a fit here and never was.

Glad I could help.

Keep posting, though. It;s quite funny. You're either 19 years old and never were awake for NEs last SBs or are a troll.

yep if only he was a 30-something he would have vast cultural experience and worldly wisdom like you

it's hard for me to type that without laughing

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

it's called "doublethink". burger has the ability to tell lies and believe they are true while simultaneously knowing that they are in fact lies. the guy missed his calling in life, he should have been a defense lawyer. 

haha "burger"...that's good!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He does serve up more than his share of whoppers . . . 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.