Nnamdi Asomugha trade...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha trade...

So I have heard that the Jets may be the front runners for the talented cornerback from Oakland.  Is there any way the Patriots can offer something for him.  The guy is a shutdown corner, and is still pretty young.  I think he would be a great addition to the team.  Plus, the Patriots have a good record with trading in Oakland.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha trade...

In Response to Nnamdi Asomugha trade...:
    So I have heard that the Jets may be the front runners for the talented cornerback from Oakland.  Is there any way the Patriots can offer something for him.  The guy is a shutdown corner, and is still pretty young.  I think he would be a great addition to the team.  Plus, the Patriots have a good record with trading in Oakland.
    Posted by elmatador1225

Nnamdi would be an awesome acquisition for the Pats, however, I think that the price for him in draft pick compensation will be pretty high, not too mention the amount of money per year contract wise. Though he would be an animal for the Pats, I don't see Bill giving up what it would take to get him here, especially with the contract situations that are already in hand here in New England.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

whatever, if he is available, give it.  give it.  and most importantly, DONT let the jets have him.  he and bodden would be awesome, but he and revis would be just flat deadly.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Believe me when I say this: Asomugha ain't going no where! Al Davis would be sent directly too the State Hospital in Camarillo for the extremely mentally disturbed if he traded his only viable asset. I know the Jets would love to put him opposite Revis...How about they trade their entire draft too get him,and Kerry Rhoades? That might appease the Oakland masses...The Black Hole Denizens are a dangerous lot!! Half of them have Hells Angel connections and I ain't joking about that fact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha trade...:
    whatever, if he is available, give it.  give it.  and most importantly, DONT let the jets have him.  he and bodden would be awesome, but he and revis would be just flat deadly.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Dave...I agree that Nnamdi would be pretty devastating with Revis, but the Pats can't give too much to get him. They have too many other spots on the roster that need fixing rather than giving the farm for one player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

IMO THE SECONARY IS A DISASTER. THE ONLY SOLID BACK I SEE IS BODDEN. THE OTHER SIDE IS SPRINGS, OLD, WILHITE, A PROVEN BUST, AND WHEATELY, EVIDENTLY A BUST, DOES NOT PLAY. BUTLER, LOOKED LOST, ANOTHER BUST.
    THE TRADE, A DEFINITE HELP AND EXPENSIVE, BUT, THAT'S THE NFL- YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR QUALITY. OF COURSE BB WILL NOT DO THIS- I LAUGH, HE TRADE'S
    DB'S  SEEKING ANYTHING "NEAR" WHAT THIS GUY IS WORTH. CORNER BACK, TO HIM, IS THE LAST POSITION TO ADDRESS, AS IT APPEARS, YEAR AFTER YEAR. BB, AS USUAL,  WILL CONTINUE TO BOTTOM FEED, HOPING TO GET LUCKY.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

That contract is literally untradable.  Not only is he making $16 million a year, but after his contract expires, he has a clause that says in order to retain him, he'd need to be paid the franchise tag number of the QUARTERBACKS in the league, which will be close to $20 million then. 

Asomugha is a great player, but unless he decides to literally pi*s away million of dollars to get out of Oakland, he won't be going anywhere, let alone the Patriots.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

LOL how funny how two guys talking at the pro bowl turns into the Jets as front runners for NA.

NA and DR were talking at the pro bowl at how it would be awesome if they were on the same team and how dominant they would be who would be the #1 ect ect ect it was nothing more than locker room conversation between two excellent CBs but more than that two very good friends who were just having a what if.

The Raiders are not letting him go and nobody will pay the contract the Raiders gave him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Asomugha is a great player, but unless he decides to literally pi*s away million of dollars to get out of Oakland, he won't be going anywhere, let alone the Patriots.
    Posted by pyegian

How many millions would you give up to get out of oakland and hook up with a contender? I'd discount maybe $5 mil in a short term contract for that privilege. Of course, its easy for me to say I'd give up his money.

But, think about it; is the $5 million difference really going to change his lifestyle? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

russgriswold RE : JETS  " They are in cap hell with lots of turnover coming up, coming off a poor draft with only 3 picks last year.  They are clueless "

Sorry russ ... as much as us Pats fans might "hope " the Jets whiffed in the '09 Draft , the fact is they went for quality over quantity and may have hit on a couple of bulleyes . They trade up to the #5 pick overall and get a Qb who at least most Pats fans can agree improved over the course of the season (and showed he wasn't a choke come Playoff time ) and also traded up to the first pick on day 2 ( 3rd round ) and snagged arguably the best rookie rb in Shonn Green ( he dominated the playoffs until his 2nd half injury in Indy ) .They took some OL named Matt Slausen in 6th ( no idea if he even made te team ...but considering they added a starting QB/ Rb ...who cares ? )

Hopefully ~ the Jets Cap woes will derail 'em in '10 ( and they're also start selecting the P Chungs / T Wheatleys / Wilhites / Ron Braces that BB seems to lately covet  )
      But it's probably disingenuiness to say they had a poor '09 Draft

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

...Hopefully ~ the Jets Cap woes will derail 'em in '10 ( and they're also start selecting the P Chungs / T Wheatleys / Wilhites / Ron Braces that BB seems to lately covet  )   But it's probably disingenuiness to say they had a poor '09 Draft
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

There is no cap to derail the Jets or anyone else in 2010.  Haven't you heard?  It's been in all the papers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlpharettaPat1. Show AlpharettaPat1's posts

I actually believe he is the best corner in the game. I have the Sunday Ticket and one of my close friends is a Raiders fan and he comes over on Sunday to watch his Raiders since they are a west cost team they don't interfere with the Pats games much. Needless to say I seen a lot of Raider football over the years and he is just awesome better than Revis in my opinion. I would love to have him I just don't think its realistic