Nnamdi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Nnamdi

According to FOX29's Howard Eskin, the Eagles will eventually release CB Nnamdi Asomugha.

Another piece of the Eagles' "Dream Team" bites the dust. Asomugha graded out as one of the league's worst corners last season and is owed $15 million -- including $4 million guaranteed -- in 2013. Facing an ultimatum to slash his salary or move on, the two-time All-Pro has chosen the latter. Asomugha will instantly become one of the biggest names available in free agency, but suitors expecting him to regain his Raider form will be disappointed. He'll be 32 in July, showed atrocious ball skills as an Eagle and lacked long speed. The Eagles won't make the Asomugha cut on Wednesday, but multiple reports have it coming soon.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Nnamdi

I admit to not really following the Eagles last year, but it's amazing to me how fast he fell off the map.  Was it him or the poor play of the team/D?  He screams "reclamation project" and the idea of him at safety could stick, because it seems like his days as a CB are over.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No wonder the dream team turned out to be a nightmare.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from David233. Show David233's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I admit to not really following the Eagles last year, but it's amazing to me how fast he fell off the map.  Was it him or the poor play of the team/D?  He screams "reclamation project" and the idea of him at safety could stick, because it seems like his days as a CB are over.  

I have zero confidence in our secondary coach, Josh Boyer, to improve any CBs skillset.  Reiss thinks he is a good coach and that 2nd round picks like Darius Butler and Terrance Wheatley failed, not because of development, but because the Pats did a poor job of scouting.  It should also be pointed out that Ras-I-Dowling appeared to be regressing in 2012 prior to going on IR.

I would not draft a CB with a high pick with Boyer as coach.  The Pats are better off signing FAs who are already developed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to David233's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I have zero confidence in our secondary coach, Josh Boyer, to improve any CBs skillset.  Reiss thinks he is a good coach and that 2nd round picks like Darius Butler and Terrance Wheatley failed, not because of development, but because the Pats did a poor job of scouting.  It should also be pointed out that Ras-I-Dowling appeared to be regressing in 2012 prior to going on IR.

I would not draft a CB with a high pick with Boyer as coach.  The Pats are better off signing FAs who are already developed.

I'd like to agree, but I cannot imagine that BB would keep a guy on staff who wasn't getting the job done.  I think he probably knows a thing or two about coaches and do you believe he wouldn't move on from Boyer if he wasn't doing his job?  And it's not like Butler or Wheatley have done anything since they left NE.  To me, it's been mostly a talent issue, and I say that because guys like the ones you reference are not much better today than when they were here.  Guys like Law and Samuel left and went on to play well elsewhere (ok, some may beg to differ with Samuel, saying he was overpaid).  They had talent.     

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Remember when the Jets were trying to break the bank for him so they could have both him and Revis.  Now look whats going on with those two players. LOL!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I have said all along that I would absolutely look at Nnamdi. Money is always an issue but he may be at a point where a lot of Veterans get to...they just want to win.

You know what we call an experiment with 2 variables? Useless, it tells you no conclusive data.

Nnamdi in Oakland, one of the best

Nnamdi in Philly, one of the worst

Which one is correct?

I would be more than happy to look and see if a 3rd variable in NE settles the issue.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I have said all along that I would absolutely look at Nnamdi. Money is always an issue but he may be at a point where a lot of Veterans get to...they just want to win.

You know what we call an experiment with 2 variables? Useless, it tells you no conclusive data.

Nnamdi in Oakland, one of the best

Nnamdi in Philly, one of the worst

Which one is correct?

I would be more than happy to look and see if a 3rd variable in NE settles the issue.

I agree....at a good price though

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Tough to take a CB who struggles in zone and convert him to safety in my view - it is basically a zone read position 70% of the time.

There are 5 or 6 quality NFL safeties in FA that are going to be no more expensive than a questionable CB to safety conversion.

Now as a CB - if the price were right he would be worth a look but he is older than a bunch of the other ones out there and his recent track record does not instill confidence - he has also been shown the money already and may not be that hungry or content to be paid half of what he is used to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

sbnation.com is reporting DeAngelo Hall may be released by the Redskins. With the increasing number of CBs coming into the market, Talib may find that there is not as big a pile of money sitting out there waiting for him as he thought.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Nnamdi and Hall....could BB do it???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Well...good thing there is a good selection this year...we need a serious amount of help in the secondary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Depends on the price but I would definitely take a chance on Nnamdi why not. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Depends on the price but I would definitely take a chance on Nnamdi why not. 

That's pretty much the answer. He's a smart player by all accounts, and a super high character guy. I'd rather sign him, assuming his demands are not outrageous, than throw a bunch of money at Talib.  I just don't trust the guy based on his track record in Tampa. Thing is, will he accept a prove-it type one year deal? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Who was worse him or champ?  I wonder if champ has come out from under  his bed after that clinic in the playoffs. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

At the right price...think they should consider 2 of the 3 and give Wilfork help on the line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

sbnation.com is reporting DeAngelo Hall may be released by the Redskins. With the increasing number of CBs coming into the market, Talib may find that there is not as big a pile of money sitting out there waiting for him as he thought.

BAM!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Now stating publicly that he wants to return to the west coast and would like to play for the 49'ers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Resign Talib and add Nnamdi or Hall? Sounds good to me, get it done BB! lol

No but seriously, I hope they take a look at Nnamdi. He didn't fit in Philly, they didn't cater the system to his strengths there. In Oakland, he was a force because they put him in the best position to succeed. I think BB could cater to his strengths a lot better then the CS did in Philly.