No Faith In His Defense For BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: No Faith In His Defense For BB

again....?  lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwomlo. Show gwomlo's posts

Who can have faith in the worst pass defense in football. Any good QB will throw the ball when defenders play 5 yds or more off their receivers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

If he doesn't have faith in them then he only has himself to blame. He has put that wonderful defense together.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I liked the onside kick call. The defense didn't hold the Steelers to one three and out the entire game. In fact, every Steelers drive was a long scoring drive minus the bone head int and the missed field goal. The offense started clicking and the D was gassed after being on the field for almost 40 minutes. What reason was there to make BB believe that the defense would be able to hold the Steelers. Hindsight is 20/20 and maybe there would have been a different outcome, but BB made the call knowing his defense was tired and couldn't stop their offense. I don't blame him for that.

However, I do think he should have challenged the Gronk play. The offense took about 30 seconds to actually snap the ball anyway. Either way you are saving time.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The onside kick was just dumb strategy there (and horribly done also). Let's not be riduculous though. The defense was bad. The Steelers only punted once the whole game. The Steelers were 10-16 on 3rd downs and many of them were for more than 10 yards. The offense stunk also but let's not pretend the defense played good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Reguardless of holding them to 6 pts in the second half, the Pats did not stop them on 3rd down. They killed us in time of possession.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: No Faith In His Defense For BB:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Faith In His Defense For BB : What? The offense was horrendous!  They only got one TD in the first half, was off an INT by Guyton! Do any of you idiots watch these games?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    The offense did have the two brutal three and outs to start both the first and second halves, but  the defense was still on the field for 40 minutes. They didn't force one punt and allowed them to convert on multiple third and longs. Both sides of the ball share blame for the loss, but when BB chose to try the onside kick the defense had been on the field for fourty minutes and the offense was able to get the TD.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well it was worse watching the o, but people dont want to hear that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

No Faith In His Defense For BB

I couldn't believe the Pats tried that onside kick. 

Three timeouts left plus the 2 min. warning?

Looks like he didn't have faith in his D to stop the Steelers.  I can understand that but the D did play much better in the second half. 

I would have kicked it away.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]I thought that was BB's worst decision of his career here. I still have absolutely no idea what the logic was.  Zero. If the haters want to pile on, now is a good time, because there is no logic behind that. The D allowed almost nothing in the second half.  After a horrendous game from Bill O'Brien, the offense, and that decision, I have no idea how they only lost by 8 points with a bogus and illegal safety to end the game. It's one of those games where you ask why you even watched it. Nice to see Vegas readily involved in what should have been a good game.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    My point exactly.  The D was playing much better in the second half. 

Without overreacting to how the D performed earlier  I would have kicked away with that much time left with 3 timeouts and 2 min. warning.  That was a head scratcher.

And talk about a poorly executed on-side kick attempt.  That was lame.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the defense allowed SIX points in the 2nd half. you cant tell me it was out of the question that they could make a few plays and get the ball back. but this is why we cant beat the good teams in the playoffs..like u said. NO confidence in the defense...come playoffs, you need to have confidence in them to make some plays and bb is just scared when they are on the field..honestly it was almost as horriffic watching the stagnant offense as it was watching the pansies in the secondary

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

yep so from 2009 to today belichick have no faith in the defense to make a stop

[QUOTE]again....?  lol
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to No Faith In His Defense For BB : Of course, if Gostkowski hadn't hit that Massachussetts-sized divot on the field, he would have recovered the kick and you would have loved the call.
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

Big IF.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

Personally I think that if they challenge the Gronk catch and win it then your looking at about 4 minutes left and all time outs and the 2 minute warning. Bad coaching decision to go with bad play = a lose the majority of the time. I understand that the offense struggled but this defense is an atrocity and that is supposed to be his strong suit. Its gonna be a rough year with this defense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I was all for the onside.  The defense wasn't stopping anyone.  They may not have scored, but they sure would have run out the clock.  Too little, too late by the offense.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

it doesnt help that brady let the play clock wind below 5 seconds before calling a play. just wasting time

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

I agree with the call. Bad execution!
    Get used to it folks. Great O and the worst D. Means another 1 and out in the playoffs. It is what it is...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Terrible call by Belichick, make Roethlisberger beat you if he has to. DON'T give him a short field to put the game out of reach. The offense was sh*te as well, I don't know what the team did in the offseason. But they certainly didn't get football ready. 

I've completely lost faith in Belichick, I didn't think I'd ever say that. Here I am saying it.