No Go for Gronk and Amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: No Go for Gronk and Amendola

Unfortunately this is an ongoing issue with both of these blokes.  Amendola is far too fragile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

I've been mulling over the prospect of whether we should trade Gronk. He just really doesn't seem to care much about the NEP.

Based on what?  He's injured and doesn't want to be rushed back before he feels he's ready.  The team doesn't care about him.  They care about the bottom line.  He cares about himself. 

That makes the team a company and Gronkowski a person.

Yeah, let's advocate a trade based on that.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a "The Rob Gronkowskis" fan, I'm a "The New England Patriots" fan. I put the company before the employee. Always have, always will.

And this employee leaves much to be desired at this point.

Of course the team cares about him. Why the hell would they want their multi-millions of dollars investment be at risk for game 4 of the regular season unless the risk was minimal?

What is becoming clearer by the year is that Gronk could care less about this team, not that the team doesn't care about him. Somehow he is always either hurt, or doing something questionable. And the going out on the field and looking like a HOFer is a part-time gig he dabbles in.

If he does not play tomorrow, he will have missed 9 of his last 20 possible starts. That's an almost 50% problem.

We can disagree, but I'm saying his act is getting tired and old. He was an injury risk when he was drafted, and that risk is coming home to roost.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

Unfortunately this is an ongoing issue with both of these blokes.  Amendola is far too fragile.

No he isn't.  I was told on here before the season started that he isn't injury prone.  That he only had 2 "freakish" injuries that kept him out of games and that he will be great for this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I've been mulling over the prospect of whether we should trade Gronk. He just really doesn't seem to care much about the NEP.

Oh come on. THe guy is clearly not lazy or afraid to play or anything else. He will play when the team and the doctors say he is ready. 

[/QUOTE]

The report is saying the team says he is ready, but he doesn't want to play. Did you miss that, it's the thread topic?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

No he isn't.  I was told on here before the season started that he isn't injury prone.  That he only had 2 "freakish" injuries that kept him out of games and that he will be great for this team.

[/QUOTE]

Jury is still out. Him and Gronk are killing my fantasy team with their girlie ways though. LMAO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]How would that work out for us? We'd end up drafting a undersized corner from Rutgers...because we're smarter than everybody.

I know. I wish we were good like all the other teams.

[/QUOTE]

Of course we're good. We have Brady.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jury is still out. Him and Gronk are killing my fantasy team with their girlie ways though. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Sure glad I traded away Amendola for Welker on my team.  Maybe I could be the Pats GM with smart moves like that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]How would that work out for us? We'd end up drafting a undersized corner from Rutgers...because we're smarter than everybody.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness.  Could you imagine this offense with a lesser QB?  Gives me nightmares to think about that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I don't see it happening but could you imagine if the Dolphins beat the Saints tomorrow and the Falcons beat the Pats?  That would not be good.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

This is a big problem.  The Pats obviously thought he would be back by now (Gronk), that's why they didnt put him on the PUP list.  Now we have no idea when he (Gronk) feels like he will be ready.  When did Gronk turn into Jacoby Elsbury?

Worst part is I feel this is becoming a distraction to the team.  I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those nights the Pats just get blown out (like the famous Milloy cut Buffalo game).  Not likely the vibe at all.

Longer he refuses to play, the longer this lingers.  As a side note, the long end of the range for his recovery time was 12 weeks.  This week-end marks 14 weeks and counting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

This is a big problem.  The Pats obviously thought he would be back by now (Gronk), that's why they didnt put him on the PUP list.  Now we have no idea when he (Gronk) feels like he will be ready.  When did Gronk turn into Jacoby Elsbury?

Worst part is I feel this is becoming a distraction to the team.  I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those nights the Pats just get blown out (like the famous Milloy cut Buffalo game).  Not likely the vibe at all.

Longer he refuses to play, the longer this lingers. 

Not sure if that is true.  My understanding is that if a player goes on the PUP list they can't even practice with the team.  I think it was the right call to keep him off the list and let him practice with the team, which he has done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to neinmd's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am completely OK with keeping these two guys off the field until they are fully healed. Being 3-0 gives this team that luxury. Gronk has had too many surgeries and plays the game with too much reckless abandon to risk right now. I would imagine (and hope) the quacks have had a come-to-Jesus meeting with him about the consequences of this kind of injury track record.

Like to have them all back for the second stretch - Amendola, Gronk and Vereen - hopefully fresh for November and beyond. Until then, the rookies and Edelman will have to carry the load. Sudfeld needs to catch a few balls though. He had a good preseason but hasn't shown anything since, even though Brady seems to be looking for him.

If you take BB at his word, though, he seems to look at professional football as a series of 16 one-game seasons each year so he may want them to suit up and play a bit earlier than is good for them long-term. This is where the docs have to weigh in, and probably do. The liability issues on player safety are now front and center on every team's legal agenda so the docs probably have a bit more clout (and risk) than ever before. Regardless of what the decision-making process is in reality, I say let them completely heal and gut it out until then.

I reallllly disagree. BB seems to look at the playoffs as the objective of the regular season. So he builds the team and their competencies over a schedule that gets them into the later part of the season. That is why his teams do so well late in the season. He has been making sure they progress along a preplanned route so that they will be a more complete and competent team late in the season.

Similarly I do not think he want sto rush anyone back. THis is a longer term proposition. So we will end up in a good position late unless we simply have the bad luck to get some key injuries later in the season.

[/QUOTE]

I hope what you say is correct. What I said was: if you take BB at his word...

But I generally agree with you. BB will usually do the smart, and right, thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Longer he refuses to play, the longer this lingers.  As a side note, the long end of the range for his recovery time was 12 weeks.  This week-end marks 14 weeks and counting.

Well, if we get blown out I'd have to think it would reflect more on a suspect defense, that happened to take advantage of playing 3 weak offenses to begin the year, then GRONK not being in the lineup. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

And also what a great impact Adrian Wilson will have

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

How would that work out for us? We'd end up drafting a undersized corner from Rutgers...because we're smarter than everybody.

Brady might have to start throwing the ball to himself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's all good and dandy when you say the Pats play for the post season, just get there and have everyone healthy for the playoffs.  Yeah, right!  Wish it was that easy!!

If you listen to any BB interview you know he looks to go out and win every single week and build together as a team every single week.   He isn't going out there just to get by for the playoffs.  Plus, you all seem to act like it doesn't matter if the players are here during the regular season just as long as they are healthy for the playoffs. 

Did you all forget that it takes time to build team chemistry?  Did you all forget we have a lot of new players on this team and you just can't expect the team to all get on the field and play well together.  Not only that, it will take several weeks to get these guys back into game condition.  So you can all pretend that it's no big deal, but it is a big deal.  While other teams are working, getting it together as a team, we have some very key guys on this team still on the bench.  

Of course we still have 3/4 of the regular season left but each missed game is a missed opportunity to get this team to where it needs to be for the playoffs.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

At least Vollmer made the trip..

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe 6m

RT @kguregian: Per source, right tackle Sebastian Vollmer made the trip to Atlanta. Is "likely" to play. Should be a game-time decision

If we can believe the reports.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

Longer he refuses to play, the longer this lingers. 

Not sure if that is true.  My understanding is that if a player goes on the PUP list they can't even practice with the team.  I think it was the right call to keep him off the list and let him practice with the team, which he has done.

[/QUOTE]

Yes but that was because they wanted him to practice with the team with the intention of actually then playing.  Who knows when Gronk will be back?  Week 8? 10? They lost a roster spot and the guy isn't even getting on the field. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

the bigger game is next week vs. Cin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

the bigger game is next week vs. Cin.

Each game is big.

If I was a betting man I would bet he will be back next week for sure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

This is the week we find out what kind of Defense the Pats have? We already know the offense is hurt and will be fine when healthy--here we go with a Brutal Stech of 3 of 4 on the road and the Dolphins after that-then the Wes Welker circus--strap in Boys gonna be a fun ride

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Our RBs have to have a great game

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Brady might have to start throwing the ball to himself.

[/QUOTE]

but but but isn't that what Gisele said ......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Gronk's injuries have been one disappointment after another and really hurt the Pats.  I could understand everyones bitterness. 

Amendola is hurt, groins can be tricky , just give enough time to re-coop and have him close to 90% . Otherwise if he gets hurt again kiss the season goodbye.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I cannot imagine this goes past this week.   It's mindboggling he broke this in January and it's now almost October!

I realize they had to open it back up again in June, but that was to make sure the infection was gone.  It's been 3 months since then, if not 14 weeks at this point, so he's way past the target return date.

Has to be psychological.

I heard that because of his back he couldn't lift weights

the only bright star in this is that this is a road game against an NFC team

Atlanta still has problems  - there cbs arent great, white is still sub par, they have been bad in the red zone and their Oline is suspect

Still winnable game 

But then I could feel better and start dumping on the GM, a Wilson, Amendola and now saying we should get rid of Gronk -yeah that sure would make me feel better! Not,