No more Tebow threads please...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

No more Tebow threads please...

... "well... a lot of us called it" thread was the first, so it should be the dedicated Tebow thread to discuss the hundred different ways they are going to use him, how he'll run the wildcat, how they'll move him to tightend, how The Lord will make him a success... until he gets cut before camp ends then he'll finally go to Canada.

Another poster was correct, the media will shove Tebow down our throats, it doesn't mean every poster here needs their own thread to do the same. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: No more Tebow threads please...

In response to wozzy's comment:

... "well... a lot of us called it" thread was the first, so it should be the dedicated Tebow thread to discuss the hundred different ways they are going to use him, how he'll run the wildcat, how they'll move him to tightend, how The Lord will make him a success... until he gets cut before camp ends then he'll finally go to Canada.

Another poster was correct, the media will shove Tebow down our throats, it doesn't mean every poster here needs their own thread to do the same. 

the board is a small sampling (along with all other media formats) of what BB can expect. this signing was a major BB mistake. TT is not worth the distraction, and I think BB will realize this by the end of this week....

I cannot imagine what BB was thinking, the media is bothersome to him anyways, this signing simply increased the bother 100 times

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

From your lips to the mods ears I hope.....smh

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It can't be a mistake because there's no money involved, he'll be cut before too long.  He won't start over Mallett and they won't carry three QBs.  This is a non story.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wozzy, remember the Moss threads after he was traded. Even right before FA there were still people starting threads suggesting to bring Moss back. Yeah this is going to be far worse and it's already giving me a headache. If I have to hear about thats he's a winner, or that he's gifted athletically one more time I'm going to scream. Some people just can't compete in the pro's. The NFL it litered with former Heisman winners and athletic freaks. Sometimes can't play is just that, they can't play.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Now is the winter of our discontent...this quote never made as much sense as it does now. Gonna be sad to see Tebow's 15 outsell Brady's 12.

Aaron Dobson # 17; Tom Brady's new best friend.T

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Now is the winter of our discontent...this quote never made as much sense as it does now. Gonna be sad to see Tebow's 15 outsell Brady's 12.

Aaron Dobson # 17; Tom Brady's new best friend.T

I'm thinking someone can make a bundle if they can create an all white jersey with Tebows name on it and the numbers and team logo are just velco patches. Then you can just sell patches as he travels around the country to sell tix

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

3rd string QB, unbelievable. Coming home from work last night heard it, first thought, take away the keys from BB, call a taxi.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Who's Tebow?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I am just continuously amazed by the media hype/circus that follows this kid around when he hasn't won a single thing....or proved he can even play in the NFL. It's really mind boggling that the media is so obsessed with this guy.....all for being a church boy? Why? I just don't get it.....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

3rd string QB, unbelievable. Coming home from work last night heard it, first thought, take away the keys from BB, call a taxi.

You were not alone in your surprise that the Pats would even consider Tim Tebow as a QB in view of what appeared to be the universal opinion that he could NEVER be an NFL QB.

The resident guru, Trent Dilfer, said much the same thing two years ago yet in a recent interview he seemed to hedge his former opinion of Tim Tebow. He commented that Tim just spent 3.5 months being mentored by a really good QB coach and that the improvements in Tebow's throwing mechanics was worth mentioning.

Granted improvements in throwing mechanics are only a part of the story and would need repetition under field conditions and future mentoring by Tom Brady etc. but that there was hope for optimism. Should Tim Tebow respond in the Pats setting in a manner similar to his recent improvements, perhaps the Pats have found a useful addition.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

One Frame from last nights session from Foxboro  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

the tebowites havent even found this forum yet. wait til next week when you will have them posting his stats all the way back to high school. good times baby

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

Part of me is thoroughly enjoying the idea BB just did this without the media or ESPN having any knowledge of it and the idea that Tebow will give 1 interview all summer, with canned answers and that's all the media will get.

LMAO

Thank you, BB. The more you can completely mess with the media, the more I realize how hilarious this is.

If you think the media hates BB now...you ain't seen nothin yet!! LOL...todays press conference should be a big clue to the media what they'll get....why they even bother asking BB anything is what cracks me up.....don't they ever learn?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would assume the over/under regarding Tebow is not TD's/passes thrown/games played...it is how many days does he last at camp?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Part of me is thoroughly enjoying the idea BB just did this without the media or ESPN having any knowledge of it and the idea that Tebow will give 1 interview all summer, with canned answers and that's all the media will get.

LMAO

Thank you, BB. The more you can completely mess with the media, the more I realize how hilarious this is.

If you think the media hates BB now...you ain't seen nothin yet!! LOL...todays press conference should be a big clue to the media what they'll get....why they even bother asking BB anything is what cracks me up.....don't they ever learn?

Exactly. Part of the enjoyment of this is watching RKrap's buddies at ESPN squirm.  lmao

Tebow just gave his first interview and it will be his last.  This whole thing will die down, they'll run him out there in a red jersey as an HBack with the closed sessions, run about 20 similar but different plays with Brady at QB, Tebow as a HBack/FB/RB, see if it works or progresses. If it does, he'll make the roster and BB will drop in one of those plays (maybe more) at times early in the season.

Then, he'll have like 5 completely unique plays for the postseason that no one has ever seen before.

In the SB, Pete Carroll won't have a clue in a bliizzard in NY. 

[/QUOTE]

squirming? the entire ESPN NFL related department is laughing their collective as*es off regarding this signing. this may be the height of bad moves by BB. the distractions will be merciless. BB should know better than to have these needless distractions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

squirming? the entire ESPN NFL related department is laughing their collective as*es off regarding this signing. this may be the height of bad moves by BB. the distractions will be merciless. BB should know better than to have these needless distractions.

I am highly doubtful that TT provides anything of value to the team this upcoming season, but arguing this is the worst move BB has ever made and that the distractions will be merciless is an exaggeration imo.  First of all there is literally no money involved so from a financial standpoint to the team the move has no effect.

As for the media/distractions this isn't New York where the media coverage is always more crazy and we have a first ballot HoF'er at QB.  There will no QB controversy.  More importantly BB will suck the life out of all the media coverage by not making TT available to the media and not answering any questions about him beyond the standard teamspeak.  The press conference today was a perfect example.  And if for some reason he becomes a big distraction BB cuts him, the team loses nothing financially and the entire "story" goes away while Tebow floats off to play arena football.  The bigger problem is for us here at BDC as the Tebowites will infest this forum shortly and make the place dam near unreadable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

my comments on this being a bad move have zero to do financially. there are 140-150 media members at practice today instead of the usual 20-35 members. this will be an never ending fiasco, and the less the media gets of TT the more bothersome they will be. Cimini told me that "no story" and "no comment" made the situation worse than "he stinks" comments...

truthfully, BB may have a bad game coaching...he may have reached or whiffed on some draft choices and/or free agent signings...but he is the best coach in the NFL, maybe in its history (ESPN polls are wrong). This move makes no sense especially given that BB is the coach here. Rusty saying that BB is tweaking the media is foolish....